Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By RealGhostbusterJay
I think a Lego game coming will be nice. I don't think were going to get a new video game for the new film. Most movie games don't happen like they did previously. There's in universe games like Battlefront, Fallen Order Star Wars wise, Spider-Man for Marvel wise etc. We don't really get direct movie tie in's often so a Lego fun game with all film characters from 1, 2, 2020, ATC would be fun.
By Scum
My 3 year old and I are foaming at the mouth for more playmobil sets.
robbritton, BRD 527 liked this
By robbritton
Scum wrote: November 9th, 2019, 7:38 am My 3 year old and I are foaming at the mouth for more playmobil sets.
I hear that. My dream world would feature a full gamut of all movie and cartoon Ectos by Playmobil! They’ve been magic so far.
Scum liked this
By Scum
robbritton wrote: November 9th, 2019, 12:55 pm
Scum wrote: November 9th, 2019, 7:38 am My 3 year old and I are foaming at the mouth for more playmobil sets.
I hear that. My dream world would feature a full gamut of all movie and cartoon Ectos by Playmobil! They’ve been magic so far.
Filled my heart with joy when he asked me why the RGB sets didn’t come with cartoon ghosts. He was also very confused as to why they make terror dogs but not Gozer. We actually switched the heads of the mummy and grim reaper to make it. Lol he’s a real chip off the old block!
robbritton liked this
By MikeyJ122
Both my son and I would LOVE more Lego and Playmobile stuff. I'm worried about rights issues though (doesnt kenner have exclusive rights again). I'm worried that will effect Lego and Playmobile. I'd be ok with no new Playmobile sets personally, but I WANT some new Lego sets.
By SSJmole
Please dear god , make LEGO Ghostbusters the video game playing through 1 2 atc and af. Please they already proved with Lego dimensions they can do it well for both the first movie and answer the call now stretched out to a full game and the new Lego Star wars game coming out proves there not against remaking stuff I've already made in the past.

I just really want LEGO Ghostbusters the video game
By MikeyJ122
SSJmole wrote: December 19th, 2019, 9:59 am Please dear god , make LEGO Ghostbusters the video game playing through 1 2 atc and af. Please they already proved with Lego dimensions they can do it well for both the first movie and answer the call now stretched out to a full game and the new Lego Star wars game coming out proves there not against remaking stuff I've already made in the past.

I agree, but is there a market for a full on game like that? Lego LOTR/The hobbit didnt do all that well as video game, and I think we can agree that's a larger franchise.
SSJmole liked this
By Peter Venkman Jr.
Just a quick heads for everyone here, in the early 1990's Hasbro purchased Kenner so they have access to the molds for the Real Ghostbusters toy line. I would imagine given the success Hasbro has seen reissuing the vintage Star Wars action figures they might try something similar with the Real Ghostbusters.
By SSJmole
MikeyJ122 wrote: December 19th, 2019, 10:41 am
SSJmole wrote: December 19th, 2019, 9:59 am Please dear god , make LEGO Ghostbusters the video game playing through 1 2 atc and af. Please they already proved with Lego dimensions they can do it well for both the first movie and answer the call now stretched out to a full game and the new Lego Star wars game coming out proves there not against remaking stuff I've already made in the past.

I agree, but is there a market for a full on game like that? Lego LOTR/The hobbit didnt do all that well as video game, and I think we can agree that's a larger franchise.
That's a larger fan base but the franchise was more for adults at the time (not an insult) Plus The Hobbit didn't have all the movies it left off last one.

Ghostbusters I always view as a family property. Like the Ghostbusters story pack for answer the call and level pack for the original both seem to sell out quick in stores. Lord of the rings failed with a cartoon Ghostbusters had multiple cartoons.

You could be right I just feel Ghostbusters walks that line of family friendly fun enough that Lego works. Lord of the rings is more dark and exposition heavy and does not lend itself to LEGO as well. Like they had to move part of the movie round just to make a game.
By MikeyJ122
Dont get me wrong, I would LOVE a proper Ghostbusters video game (Lego or not). That's my favorite part of Lego Dimensions, it's the BEST GB1 video game ever made. So whether it's a Lego game or not, I would LOVE to see a proper GB1 and GB2 story done in video game form.

Just to be clear GBTVG is the BEST Ghostbusters video game imo, but Lego Dimensions is the best GB1 game to date.
By SSJmole
MikeyJ122 wrote: December 19th, 2019, 12:28 pm Dont get me wrong, I would LOVE a proper Ghostbusters video game (Lego or not). That's my favorite part of Lego Dimensions, it's the BEST GB1 video game ever made. So whether it's a Lego game or not, I would LOVE to see a proper GB1 and GB2 story done in video game form.

Just to be clear GBTVG is the BEST Ghostbusters video game imo, but Lego Dimensions is the best GB1 game to date.
Even better than

? I'm shocked ..... shocked I tell you! ..... Ok I'm not shocked at all 😂

Yeah Ghostbusters 1 on Lego dimensions was great (no it bugs me ecto 1 toy only had two wheels lol) it played fantastic. So did the ATC storypack which I think is even better. (If you haven't played it the only reason I said better is it please pretty much the same but it's longer made up of multiple levels.) But a full Lego ghostbusters would be great yeah.

Yeah ghostbusters the videogame is my favourite too but I'd love a Lego game with all 4 movies when this new one is out (they get bonus points for me if they do a DLC of contents and comics)

Hell now telltales back I'd love a ghostbusters game like that.
By MikeyJ122
SSJmole wrote: December 19th, 2019, 12:41 pm
MikeyJ122 wrote: December 19th, 2019, 12:28 pm Dont get me wrong, I would LOVE a proper Ghostbusters video game (Lego or not). That's my favorite part of Lego Dimensions, it's the BEST GB1 video game ever made. So whether it's a Lego game or not, I would LOVE to see a proper GB1 and GB2 story done in video game form.

Even better than

? I'm shocked ..... shocked I tell you! ..... Ok I'm not shocked at all 😂

Yeah Ghostbusters 1 on Lego dimensions was great (no it bugs me ecto 1 toy only had two wheels lol) it played fantastic. So did the ATC storypack which I think is even better. (If you haven't played it the only reason I said better is it please pretty much the same but it's longer made up of multiple levels.) But a full Lego ghostbusters would be great yeah.

Yeah ghostbusters the videogame is my favourite too but I'd love a Lego game with all 4 movies when this new one is out (they get bonus points for me if they do a DLC of contents and comics)

Hell now telltales back I'd love a ghostbusters game like that.
To be fair though, the Master System version of that game (which is the pick you posted) is pretty good. Of the games based on GB1 that got released (Sega Master System, NES, and Atari 2600) the Sega game is pretty enjoyable. The Atari version isnt bad either considering how primitive it is. The Nintendo version might be the worst of the 3.

I collect video games (games, consoles, etc) so I do feel I'm fairly knowledgable about such things. I actually have an actual arcade machine with all of these games on it as well
(My 4 year old plays them daily, lol). Besides the newer games (2000 onwards), I rate them as follows (not counting EGB games). It's just my opinion of course

1. Real Ghostbusters Arcade game
2. Ghostbusters Sega Master System
3. Ghostbuster Genesis/Mega Drive
4. Ghostbusters 2 PC game
5. New Ghostbusters 2 NES
6. Ghostbusters Atari 2600
7. Ghostbusters 2 NES
8. Ghostbusters NES
9. Real Ghostbusters Gameboy
SSJmole liked this
By SSJmole
I didn't like the version of two I had on the Amiga. That lower into sewer on rope level annoyed me.

Games based on the first movie I like the megadrive version. The master system and nes ones I liked but appreciate they weren't that good in my opinion. We had a version on the Amiga too and I remember it being like this one but more broken (not sure if that's a real version or if that was a bootleg version as I hardly see the Amiga version mentioned)

But I just making good just because those games weren't that good in my opinion but the Lego one was really really good.
By MikeyJ122
SSJmole wrote: December 19th, 2019, 1:20 pm I didn't like the version of two I had on the Amiga. That lower into sewer on rope level annoyed me.

Games based on the first movie I like the megadrive version. The master system and nes ones I liked but appreciate they weren't that good in my opinion. We had a version on the Amiga too and I remember it being like this one but more broken (not sure if that's a real version or if that was a bootleg version as I hardly see the Amiga version mentioned)

But I just making good just because those games weren't that good in my opinion but the Lego one was really really good.
I've actually never owned or played anything on the amiga. So I cant comment on that one, consoles and arcades are more my specialty.
By ccv66
The new Ghostbusters 2 for Gameboy is underated. Different levels then the PAL NES GB2, a little more polished, both great. Sega master and Genesis version are a must play.

On my Christmas wish list would be a Ghostbusters re skin of Spiderman Ps4. Seems like all the hard work is already done. An Ecto goggles game seems perfect for VR
Alphagaia liked this
By Pdred1985
TheWug102 wrote: October 22nd, 2019, 2:47 pm Since Hasbro has this, I almost would bet it's safe to say we'll be seeing some "black series" type props like what they did with Lightsabers and Helmets for Star Wars. Probably re-releases of the Ecto-Goggles and PKE Meter for sure, if not the trap and maybe wand (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE).
Interesting you should say that because I know someone working at Hasbro who said they're indeed working on a "Black Series" of GB replicas. Not sure if they'll have the label, though. They saw some of the prototypes I believe for the thrower.
ccv66 liked this
By robbritton
SSJmole wrote: December 19th, 2019, 1:20 pm I didn't like the version of two I had on the Amiga. That lower into sewer on rope level annoyed me.

That game was well dreary on the Amiga. On the Atari ST, however, it was a good time! #teamatarievenin2019whenitcouldntmatterless
SSJmole liked this
By Prime 1986
Looks like Hasbro is going to attend both the U.K and German toy fairs...
https://www.toyfair.co.uk/exhibitor-list-2019/?l=H
spielwarenmesse.de/fair/exhibitors-2020/exhibitors/language/1/objIdnfmedb/983208/actionnfmedb/detail/controllernfmedb/Exhibitors/
Think there's a chance of some GB toys being shown?
By Peter Venkman Jr.
@ Prime 1986 Yes, I would say that it is likely that Hasbro intends to show of their new Ghostbusters items at these shows. When DST was producing action figures, they typically made debuted the prototypes at Toy Fair in New York City and similar events. I am very excited to see what they have to show us. Plus as a G.I. Joe fan, I think that it is great that the brand will be returning in a new scale.
By Michael Scott
https://youtu.be/tkl_0KQCvKw

Plasma series will be the equivalent to black series. Six characters, 8 figures, so 2 duplicates in wave 1. The OGBs will be 4 of them. The youtuber guesses that the other 2 will be from Afterlife, but my guess would be 2 of Louis, Janine, Dana, Gozer, Slimer, Stay Puft, or Vigo. I have my doubts they would mix Afterlife into this first wave that comes out in early June.

Thoughts?
By Peter Venkman Jr.
I am not surprised at all that about another promotion with Hostess brands. From what I recall the 2016 promotion was quite popular with the public. Getting back to the toy/ collectible side of things, Toy Fair in New York City is February 22. Hasbro as been confirmed as a presenter, so I would imagine their Ghostbusters product line would debut here.
By Dr. Stantz Jr.
I wonder if they have considered releasing figures based on the IDW Comic designs? I think they'd look pretty neat, plus there are the additional characters they could add in a 2nd or third wave (New Ghostbusters, GhostSmashers, etc) :cool:

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]