Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
I'm still psyched we're getting Terror Dogs.

I know alot of folks might be upset that it seems Gozer might play a part in the new movie, but you have to remember this also still needs to appeal to people outside the hardcore fanbase. The people who haven't played the game or read the comics. The people who've only seen GB and GB2. To them, we've only seen Gozer and it's minions once.
timeware wrote: January 19th, 2020, 5:23 pm I don't blame Dan for it not happening sooner. The man was probably told different things from Sony as the years went by. There's also the issue of Bill not wanting to do this.

Plus I think we're arrogant to believe we're the only ones out there in this universe. I mean look how many new planets NASA has discovered lately.
I concur. I think a lot of times when Dan said GB3 was going ahead, it actually was. It just would hit roadblock after roadblock after roadblock, until it stopped going ahead.

Also, while Dan's stories about UFOs and whatnot are suspect to me, I seriously doubt that we are alone in the universe. I mean, how many potentially habitable planets must there be out there? I mean, several species of intelligent life evolved on this planet alone, even though we are the last ones standing. Unless one considers the theory of evolution to be unsound and humans to have been created by some divine being, then there is little reason to assume that we have been the only intelligent life in the universe.
Oh, I believe there is life on other planets, probably even in our own solar system, as we found possible building blocks of life on that ice covered ocean-moon orbiting Jupiter. Take note, life doesn't mean just green men. It can also just be a plant or bacterial.

Space has so many, many, many galaxies filled with an unbelievable amount of solar systems, It would be an awful waste of space if Earth is just the only one to contain life, to paraphrase 'Contact'. Great movie by the way.

Believing abduction stories and flying saucers is something else though.

Dan enthusiasm and energy seems absolutely limitless. That can both be a good and bad thing, and don't take this the wrong way as I love the guy. He can tell some great stories. He runs his mouth a little to fast sometimes, and I don't think it's always the fault of the studio, but just his larger than life character.

Even his scripts reflect this as they are in need of some grounding (in reality) by people like Ramis and Reitman.

Just check Nothing but Trouble, or the difference between Dan's original script of Ghostbusters to what we actually got.

The guy is like freshly grained coffee, just needs a filter and some watering down.
Last edited by Alphagaia on January 20th, 2020, 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
robbritton, Sav C liked this
Alien abductions is kind of tough to swallow.

However there are recent flying saucer videos the government did have to acknowledge.

I can guarantee if those things are experimental vehicles from other countries the u.s won't acknowledge that bit of it.

I think people are more willing to believe in alien craft before Iran's reached light speed.
mrmichaelt wrote: January 20th, 2020, 12:46 am Something that just popped in my head. I love when the Trap is used. So I hope a lot of Traps get used. More times than '84, '89, and '16 movies combined.
Ten minutes of exposition and then just ninety minutes of wall to wall traps going off!
mrmichaelt, Sav C, SpaceBallz and 1 others liked this
Alphagaia wrote: January 20th, 2020, 12:34 am O my God why do I keep stirring.

I wanted to talk Dan Aykroyds wild imagination and here we are debating if Iran has reached ludicrous speed.

Stop stirring, Alpha. It's done already.
We can always talk about U.S.O.'s and if Bigfoot is Barbra Streisand's real father. Lol.
Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
And revolving at 900 miles an hour.
It's orbiting at 19 miles a second, so it's reckoned,
The sun that is the source of all our power.
Now the sun, and you and me, and all the stars that we can see,
Are moving at a million miles a day,
In the outer spiral arm, at 40, 000 miles an hour,
Of a galaxy we call the Milky Way.

Our galaxy itself contains a hundred billion stars;
It's a hundred thousand light-years side to side;
It bulges in the middle sixteen thousand light-years thick,
But out by us it's just three thousand light-years wide.
We're thirty thousand light-years from Galactic Central Point,
We go 'round every two hundred million years;
And our galaxy itself is one of millions of billions
In this amazing and expanding universe.

Our universe itself keeps on expanding and expanding,
In all of the directions it can whiz;
As fast as it can go, at the speed of light, you know,
Twelve million miles a minute and that's the fastest speed there is.
So remember, when you're feeling very small and insecure,
How amazingly unlikely is your birth;
And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space,
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth!
Kingpin, Sav C, 2GunsRacing liked this
Alphagaia wrote: January 19th, 2020, 11:56 pm Oh, I believe there is life on other planets, probably even in our own solar system, as we found possible building blocks of life on that ice covered ocean-moon orbiting Jupiter. Take note, life doesn't mean just green men. It can also just be a plant or bacterial.

Space has so many, many, many galaxies filled with an unbelievable amount of solar systems, It would be an awful waste of space if Earth is just the only one to contain life, to paraphrase 'Contact'. Great movie by the way.

Believing abduction stories and flying saucers is something else though.

Dan enthusiasm and energy seems absolutely limitless. That can both be a good and bad thing, and don't take this the wrong way as I love the guy. He can tell some great stories. He runs his mouth a little to fast sometimes, and I don't think it's always the fault of the studio, but just his larger than life character.

Even his scripts reflect this as they are in need of some grounding (in reality) by people like Ramis and Reitman.

Just check Nothing but Trouble, or the difference between Dan's original script of Ghostbusters to what we actually got.

The guy is like freshly grained coffee, just needs a filter and some watering down.
This. Life elsewhere is certain, the fact that they found plankton growing on the exterior of the ISS would attest to that.

NOW stop stirring, Alpha 😂
Alphagaia liked this
A recent interview with McKenna Grace has surfaced. She doesn't give away anything BUT this line has me curious:

"So we're in New York so I'm totally gonna visit..."

She doesn't specify the "we" but what did she mean by that? Does she mean the film crew? She just mean that's where she's at for the interview? What's going on? :D

You can tell she's trying not to spill any beans.

Full quote is:

"Like I'm still pinching myself I cannot believe that I shot Ghostbusters and it's coming out in July. So we're in New York so I'm totally gonna go and visit the firehouse and I just visited the library and ---- oh god I can't even put it in to words how excited I am and it was such an incredible experience. I LOVED it. Like every moment on set I was just like sitting there I'd be like-like whenever we weren't shooting a scene I'd be standing there and I'd be like - How did I get here? What is going on? Ya know it's just just...it's insane I cannot believe it."

https://youtu.be/X4mVBJiOjHo

pizzarat, Sav C liked this
Could be! Interesting train of thought and well spotted.

Gotta say this interview soured me a bit on her personality, as she is being a little 'fake' in her cheerful amazement.

I know she honestly likes GB though, and her acting in movies is top notch.

It's how she acts in the interviews is what's putting me off. Exactly the same with Finn the last few times in Interviews. It's all so amazing, but they (and I) feels so tired of only hearing that with little to no actual information.
Alphagaia wrote: January 20th, 2020, 11:16 pm Could be! Interesting train of thought and well spotted.

Gotta say this interview soured me a bit on her personality, as she is being a little 'fake' in her cheerful amazement.

I know she honestly likes GB though, and her acting in movies is top notch.

It's how she acts in the interviews is what's putting me off. Exactly the same with Finn the last few times in Interviews. It's all so amazing, but they (and I) feels so tired of only hearing that with little to no actual information.
They aren't Allowed to say anything! Its probably very hard to be that excited about something, have people asking for details, and not be able to discuss it. I'm grown and I'd have trouble! Let alone some children. The interviews have got to be a little tense for them considering.
deadderek, Sav C, SpaceBallz liked this
I think we're all over looking the biggest hint from the trailer:

Mr. Grooberson is seen showing Phoebe and Logan Kims character footage from the archives of the Ghostbusters whilst filling them in on the origins of the ghost trap. Does this mean that in and among the treasure trove of media they'll find the previously canonized Ray Parker Jr theme established in the Brownstone party and we will be treated to a sing along in the Ecto 1 by the new team?!

Will we see a dance number?
Will they burst into song?
IS THIS GOING TO BE A MUSICAL????
Dr._P_Venkman wrote: January 21st, 2020, 2:37 am I think we're all over looking the biggest hint from the trailer:

Mr. Grooberson is seen showing Phoebe and Logan Kims character footage from the archives of the Ghostbusters whilst filling them in on the origins of the ghost trap. Does this mean that in and among the treasure trove of media they'll find the previously canonized Ray Parker Jr theme established in the Brownstone party and we will be treated to a sing along in the Ecto 1 by the new team?!

Will we see a dance number?
Will they burst into song?
IS THIS GOING TO BE A MUSICAL????
If this turns into high school musical I'm out.
Ectovoyance liked this
Michael Scott wrote: January 22nd, 2020, 6:42 pm I still say that’s the Ray Parker Jr music video thumbnail in the bottom right corner when Grooberson shows them the old footage. If so, I’d say it was pretty popular in universe at least for a time.

Cute easter egg, the commercial from the first movie is the thumb nail above above the music video.
Bison256 wrote: January 22nd, 2020, 7:20 pm
Michael Scott wrote: January 22nd, 2020, 6:42 pm I still say that’s the Ray Parker Jr music video thumbnail in the bottom right corner when Grooberson shows them the old footage. If so, I’d say it was pretty popular in universe at least for a time.

Cute easter egg, the commercial from the first movie is the thumb nail above above the music video.
I've wondered, is that top thumbnail supposed to be the museum covered in slime from GB II?

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]