Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
deadderek wrote: January 4th, 2020, 6:29 pm That's really awesome you got to see some GB landmarks, it's on my bucket list!

If the Ecto has a voice, I nominate Danny Devito, Gilbert Gottfried, or Bobcat Goldthwait. It would be pure cringe.
Not only that, but I got to show my friend the first two -- unclear if they'd ever seen Ghostbusters, certain they'd never seen Ghostbusters 2.
zeta otaku wrote: January 4th, 2020, 11:38 am
Bison256 wrote: January 4th, 2020, 11:36 am
If they do something like that I hope they make it ambiguous, like in the Blues Brothers.
Well, now that you've said that, they'll give it a voice. A distinct one.

Hey, remember the racist crows from the animated Dumbo?

Think that... but WORSE.
i'm getting Inspector Gadget movie flashbacks, with DL Hughley as the voice of Go-Go-Gadget Mobile.
So anyone already have plans for their Afterlife screening?

Our franchise is working with our local movie theater chain to have a cool setup. :D
Found a rather odd synopsis for the film in Hungarian. Note while it translates pretty badly, it might be giving a few more details. Or Hungry has a rather odd sense of humor. Likely google just is terrible at translating Hungarian.

https://mozipremierek.hu/movie/2556-sze ... az-orokseg
This Post Contains Spoilers
They called the four original Ghostbusters "four determined losers".
deadderek, Davideverona, robbritton and 2 others liked this
deadderek wrote: January 5th, 2020, 12:26 am So anyone already have plans for their Afterlife screening?

Our franchise is working with our local movie theater chain to have a cool setup. :D
I took the week off and secured some posters and billboards from a friend who runs a cinema.

Probably going to the italian premiére with the Ghostbusters Italia fan club.
deadderek, Sav C liked this
deadderek wrote:So anyone already have plans for their Afterlife screening?

Probably suit up with my gear. I actually donned a Michael Myers costume when seeing Halloween 2018, a GB logo T-shirt for ATC, and my comic flightsuit to a 35th Anniversary screening, so going all-out for Afterlife seems like the next logical step. Don't be surprised if you see me wear a Sonic hat for his movie :P
deadderek liked this
devilmanozzy wrote: January 5th, 2020, 3:29 am Found a rather odd synopsis for the film in Hungarian. Note while it translates pretty badly, it might be giving a few more details. Or Hungry has a rather odd sense of humor. Likely google just is terrible at translating Hungarian.

It can never live up to this synopsis and now I have depression.
Kingpin wrote: January 4th, 2020, 3:48 am I don't get how it feels especially Ghostbusters II-like, we didn't see much in the way of dungerees in the second film.
A general vibe of the 80s? Definitely, but not explicitly GBII.
The color scheme of it is what I was referring to. It reminds me of the darker jumpsuits.
Sav C liked this
robbritton wrote: January 5th, 2020, 9:58 am
devilmanozzy wrote: January 5th, 2020, 3:29 am Found a rather odd synopsis for the film in Hungarian. Note while it translates pretty badly, it might be giving a few more details. Or Hungry has a rather odd sense of humor. Likely google just is terrible at translating Hungarian.

It can never live up to this synopsis and now I have depression.
If someone ever asks me to describe the Ghostbusters to them I will have to say "well they're these four determined losers who are legendary and evergreen". LOL!
deadderek, robbritton liked this
In an Ecto 1 specific comment, I just wanted to point out that in that newly released high-res photo on the last page of the front of Ecto 1 with the door open and the gunner seat, if you look closely at the front bumper, you can clearly see that it is the old Ecto 1A bumper, the mounting bracket from the orange amber rotator beacon is there.
RichRyan1507, Prime 1986, 2GunsRacing and 2 others liked this
Hairy Biker wrote: January 7th, 2020, 9:05 pm
Alphagaia wrote: January 7th, 2020, 8:48 pm Makes sense. Better logo and they were probably tired from all the hippies flocking to their car to ask for a joint.
Hahahahahahahaha....what?
Peace sign, innit!
groschopf, Corey91, Sav C liked this
Michael Scott wrote: January 8th, 2020, 3:04 pm They should just put Mooglie’s head on Weird Al.

I love this concept already.

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]