By PHILLIPS
I was wondering if there is a dresscode? If there was a Ghostbusters franchise employee handbook, what would it say? How much could you change your uniform before "management" steps in?

Could you cut your jumpsuit into shorts or no sleeves
Can you use any color jumpsuit
Is there any options to wear instead of the jumpsuit
Which patches HAVE to go where
What is the minimum amout of equipment you need to carry with you
By NotSabbat
Short answer; There are no Ghostbusters cosplay police. Its your costume you do what you want. The Ghostbusters fandom in general is very accepting and it is unlikely anyone is going to say anything disparaging if you do something unique....for the most part. Your miliage will vary depending on the group you are hanging with.

Longer answer; People tend towards trying to be screen accurate with a few personal touches here and there;

Movie screen accurate is (roughly); 27-P flight suits in khaki or grey, ghostbuster patch on the right shoulder, name patch on the left chest, cotton pistol belt (white, grey or khaki), side zip paratrooper boots, black protective gloves, leg tubing on khaki suit. This can be taken to various "levels" of accuracy by getting custom made jumpsuits by the company that made the suits for GBII down to p-27 flightsuits that dont quite have the right zipper of pockets, but are pretty close.

Personal touches tend to be fun pins, unique hats, etc.

If you do that you will blend in pretty well in about any Ghostbusters gathering.

How much gear do you need?

Short answer; None. Again, there are no Ghostbusters police.

Longer answer; As a friend once told me; "The secret to looking like a Ghostbuster that is working, but just took his pack off is by adding gear to the belt."
Adding more gear to your belt makes you look more "legit", but nothing is 'required'. A belt gizmo is probably the single best piece of gear that sells the look, however there isnt a cheap and easy option for this; you either have to make it or buy a kit from someone that builds them, which you will pay real money for (though lots of people dont have belt gizmos, so its by no means a requirement). A pistol belt with a pair of black protective gloves is a good place to start.

Other "accurate" costumes may include sources like comics and cartoons.

The "custom" option:
There are people that use completely unique jumpsuits and gear that have a Ghostbusters feel rather than duplicating a specific source. I will be honest and say that there will be varying opinions on this, but a well done costume is a well done costume and if you do something cool you will get SIGNIFICANTLY more people saying that it is awesome than will say anything bad about it not being "accurate".
By NickFame13
NotSabbat wrote: December 21st, 2019, 4:59 pmShort answer; There are no Ghostbusters cosplay police. Its your costume you do what you want. The Ghostbusters fandom in general is very accepting and it is unlikely anyone is going to say anything disparaging if you do something unique....for the most part. Your miliage will vary depending on the group you are hanging with.

Longer answer; People tend towards trying to be screen accurate with a few personal touches here and there;

Movie screen accurate is (roughly); 27-P flight suits in khaki or grey, ghostbuster patch on the right shoulder, name patch on the left chest, cotton pistol belt (white, grey or khaki), side zip paratrooper boots, black protective gloves, leg tubing on khaki suit. This can be taken to various "levels" of accuracy by getting custom made jumpsuits by the company that made the suits for GBII down to p-27 flightsuits that dont quite have the right zipper of pockets, but are pretty close.

Personal touches tend to be fun pins, unique hats, etc.

If you do that you will blend in pretty well in about any Ghostbusters gathering.

How much gear do you need?

Short answer; None. Again, there are no Ghostbusters police.

Longer answer; As a friend once told me; "The secret to looking like a Ghostbuster that is working, but just took his pack off is by adding gear to the belt."
Adding more gear to your belt makes you look more "legit", but nothing is 'required'. A belt gizmo is probably the single best piece of gear that sells the look, however there isnt a cheap and easy option for this; you either have to make it or buy a kit from someone that builds them, which you will pay real money for (though lots of people dont have belt gizmos, so its by no means a requirement). A pistol belt with a pair of black protective gloves is a good place to start.

Other "accurate" costumes may include sources like comics and cartoons.

The "custom" option:
There are people that use completely unique jumpsuits and gear that have a Ghostbusters feel rather than duplicating a specific source. I will be honest and say that there will be varying opinions on this, but a well done costume is a well done costume and if you do something cool you will get SIGNIFICANTLY more people saying that it is awesome than will say anything bad about it not being "accurate".

Very well stated! 👏
NotSabbat liked this
By Harry Bardwell
no real dress code, and if you look at what has already existed there is a lot of wiggle room. movies have shown us khaki and grey flight suits, 2016 showed us coveralls with reflective tape, the video game had custom color combinations for online play, the real ghostbusters showed us several different jumpsuit color combos, and the extreme ghostbsuters had essentially work pants and shirts for the more traditional looking uniforms and short sleeve polo w/ jeans for Eduardo, and whatever Kylie was wearing. Plus there wave been quite a few variant uniforms in the comics.

I believe there would be a more standardized uniform and color choices if it were a real world company, or had been franchised through out the fiction, but really do your own thing, have fun, if someone was gonna give you grief about it, that's probably not a member of the community you would want to be hanging out with anyway.
By Michael Scott
Keep in mind how you advertise your uniform will have an impact on how some might react to it.

For instance, if you say “Check out my custom Ghostbusters uniform,” you can pretty much do anything.

But if you say, “Check out my screen accurate Ghostbusters uniform,” but it’s got no ghost patches on both sleeves, the name patch is on the wrong side, and/or the elbow pads are the wrong design, people are going to point those out to you.

Now that I say it, claiming something is “screen accurate” is probably not a great idea overall. Tell people it’s “inspired by” the first or second movie, cartoon, etc and that will minimize critique.

If it’s your first one and you’ve put the basics together without breaking the bank, call it a “budget” uniform and you’re likely to get props for that, maybe even a few questions from other first timers trying to source out affordable, close enough to accurate components.
By CosmoBubba
I've seen uniforms of all different colors, steampunk Ghostbusters, Ghostbusters that look like Playboy bunnies and 1940s pinup girls, Ghostbuster furries, mashups with elements of Sonic the Hedgehog, My Little Pony, Super Mario, and the Fallout games. I've seen packs built from high-quality kits that cost hundreds of dollars and from cardboard boxes and junk found at thrift shops and dollar stores that couldn't cost more than $50 to put together.

Long story short, I've never known of a strict dress code. We're not the 501st Legion or anything. To me, a lot of it comes down to what you think looks cool and what you feel comfortable doing. And as long as it captures the spirit of the franchise and you're having fun, there's a lot of leeway with what you can do.
By umoribawar
it maybe just me but i think everyone has missed what he was asking although harry came close,
he asked "I was wondering if there is a dresscode? If there was a Ghostbusters franchise employee handbook, what would it say?"
i dont think hes asking cosplay wise, i thinking hes asking what if the company was real, and what do you think you could get away with before getting talked to by HR.
hence his next question "How much could you change your uniform before "management" steps in? "

and then pondering
"Could you cut your jumpsuit into shorts or no sleeves
Can you use any color jumpsuit
Is there any options to wear instead of the jumpsuit
Which patches HAVE to go where
What is the minimum amout of equipment you need to carry with you"
By RealGhostbusterJay
It actually speaks to this in the GB procedures handbook that came with the Doctor Collector employee welcome kit though doesn't go into much more details then the Ecto book on requirements.

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]