Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Something also came to mind regarding the Success of the Trailer release (and by no means is this a complaint, just an observation)... I dont want this movie to kick ass in the Box office because a Stranger Things character is in it (thus giving a creepy vibe to the story)... I want it to kick ass because its an awesome story. :roland:
Is Finn Wolfhard able to 'escape' the Stranger Things universe? So many people mention that Netflix show... So if he wasnt casted (or Wasnt in stranger things to begin with) and some other child star was, would the flick have this much attention as of late ??
One character does not a movie make. (Even tom hanks had Wilson in Castaway lol)
deadderek liked this
back wrote: December 12th, 2019, 10:14 amI dont want this movie to kick ass in the Box office because a Stranger Things character is in it...
Is Finn Wolfhard able to 'escape' the Stranger Things universe? So many people mention that Netflix show... So if he wasnt casted (or Wasnt in stranger things to begin with) and some other child star was, would the flick have this much attention as of late ??
You are definitely not the only person saying this, but I think it's bizarre. A popular actor brings new viewers in. Some people might cite Wolfhard as the reason they saw the film, others will cite the story. It's not ever going to be definitively one or the other, because movies' qualities or problems are all subjective, and anything that gets people to see it contributes to the financial (and hopefully speaks to the artistic) success of the movie. The larger number of people who enjoy it, the better.
RichRyan1507, back, deadderek and 2 others liked this
droidguy1119 wrote: December 12th, 2019, 10:49 am
back wrote: December 12th, 2019, 10:14 amI dont want this movie to kick ass in the Box office because a Stranger Things character is in it...
You are definitely not the only person saying this, but I think it's bizarre. A popular actor brings new viewers in. Some people might cite Wolfhard as the reason they saw the film, others will cite the story. It's not ever going to be definitively one or the other, because movies' qualities or problems are all subjective, and anything that gets people to see it contributes to the financial (and hopefully speaks to the artistic) success of the movie. The larger number of people who enjoy it, the better.
Agreed. I dont care who they casted to be honest.... I just want a great movie. Thats all. :whatever:
[Youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90SRrWfmY88[/Youtube]

At the 1:58 mark, we see two teens a pre-teen boy waving blue shirts with the Ghostbusters logo on it. I think it would be funny if Mr. Grooberson ends up being one of them. Maybe he stops the video he's showing to them and goes "Right there! That's me!"
Sav C, pizzarat, RichRyan1507 and 4 others liked this
LawgSkrak wrote: December 12th, 2019, 12:08 pm Yeah what he said doesn't put the game out of canon. He doesn't consider it canon isn't the same thing as it no longer actually being canon. Sorry, not how it works.

It's canon until something in Afterlife contradicts it.
You people are exhausting. lol
Just a thought -- that shot of Phoebe approaching the shed with the PKE that cuts to her sliding down the pole to the secret lab.

What if the lab isn't right under there? What if that house was chosen because it's above a mineshaft that connects with the Shandor property? I could easily see a Temple of Doom track and cart system that would take people back and forth.

Last edited by groschopf on December 12th, 2019, 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sav C, back liked this
Sav C wrote: December 12th, 2019, 11:33 am I may be the only person under 60 who hasn't binged Stranger Things front to back (not that it isn't really good), so by the time the end credits role I'll probably already associate Finn with Ghostbusters more than anything else, lol.
Nobody has said a peep about Finn being in IT either. The internet will lose it's mind if there's a clown in this movie lol. They cast the best kid they could find for the part.
RichRyan1507, Sav C, deadderek and 1 others liked this
Gozerhead wrote: December 12th, 2019, 8:31 am
SSJmole wrote: December 11th, 2019, 5:24 pm

If someone wants to say that the trailer wasn't funny, and GB was funny, I can accept that. However, in the original movies, only three (maybe four if you count Louis) people were funny. Peter, Ray, and Ego were funny, but the rest of the people in the universe played it straight. The humor was also witty, and not slap stick or in your face. In fact, many of the jokes were over the heads of many kids.
[
]

But you just described the formula for most comedies. Most main characters bring the humor while the supporting players/antagonists supply the straight men tactics (but that also requires a level of humor and subtle restraint). In that regard, you can say no one in Animal House was funny except for the Deltas. Plus i always thought the Judge, Lenny, and Peck were all funny assholes.

Either way i think theres still bits of humor in the trailer ; the awkward way Rudd tries to tell them what a “ghost trap” is, the “under the table” line from Finn, and all the destruction from the ecto in the last part.

I think the “feel” of the trailer was to distance itself away from the over the top 2016, and promote the film as an “epic return” to the roots.
Last edited by BatDan on December 12th, 2019, 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gozerhead liked this
New question for the group

If the next trailer also has a voiceover quote from the first two movies like this one did, which quote/character would you choose?

I thought the line they chose for this one was interesting in that it’s not an overly quoted line, but still people who are more than casually interested in the franchise immediately picked up on it. The way it fit the action in the trailer made it more moving than it’s ever been.
Sav C liked this
I absolutely loved the context with which Venkman's quote was used in the trailer and agree that it was quite an unexpected selection.

My guess for one of the next trailers is that they might use Ray and Winston's chat about Revelations. Seems appropriate.

But with that said, I would also hope that by the next trailer we will get some new dialogue from the original cast and they might not use any sound bites from the previous films at that point.
Michael Scott, Corey91, Sav C and 4 others liked this
Michael Scott wrote: December 12th, 2019, 12:33 pmNew question for the group

If the next trailer also has a voiceover quote from the first two movies like this one did, which quote/character would you choose?
"Yes, have some"
Last edited by Kingpin on December 12th, 2019, 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed quoted text
Michael Scott, moviemaker29, Corey91 and 3 others liked this
Michael Scott wrote:New question for the group

I thought the line they chose for this one was interesting in that it’s not an overly quoted line, but still people who are more than casually interested in the franchise immediately picked up on it. The way it fit the action in the trailer made it more moving than it’s ever been.
Perhaps something more "on the nose." Such as "The architect's name was Ivo Shandor, I found it in Tobin's Spirit Guide." This sound bite might play over a scene showing Phoebe finding a copy of Tobin's Spirit Guide, and opening up to a tabbed page/chapter on Ivo Shandor.
Michael Scott, pizzarat liked this
BatDan wrote: December 12th, 2019, 12:30 pm
Gozerhead wrote: December 12th, 2019, 8:31 am [
]

But you just described the formula for most comedies. Most main characters bring the humor while the supporting players/antagonists supply the straight men tactics (but that also requires a level of humor and subtle restraint). In that regard, you can say no one in Animal House was funny except for the Deltas. Plus i always thought the Judge, Lenny, and Peck were all funny assholes.

Either way i think theres still bits of humor in the trailer ; the awkward way Rudd tries to tell them what a “ghost trap” is, the “under the table” line from Finn, and all the destruction from the ecto in the last part.

I think the “feel” of the trailer was to distance itself away from the over the top 2016, and promote the film as an “epic return” to the roots.
I think we are on the same page.

Janine "ghostbusters .... Yes we're back" right before ray parker jr song plays showing either the orginals , if not the originals then the new ones as their catching ghost the traditional way (i.e stood up )
BatDan, Sav C liked this

I’d have Egon and Ray’s discussion about what takeaway food they want from Ghostbusters II. That’ll get bums in seats!
tylergfoster, Corey91, Sav C and 1 others liked this
They could just be regular tanks that farms use for water or fuel.

Has look at the proton packs and the containment unit both nuclear (at least one packs are I always assumed containment unit was too) in 1980s and didn't need tanks. I don't think he'd need tanks for batteries or anything. If and I mean if he did , logically he'd put them underground because outside in country area is prone to weather damage like tornados and storms (at least I always assumed that I don't live in the US every shall I see what every film with a farm as I focus it happens)
Corey91 liked this
As one of the biggest fans of GB2, it would be a dream if say something happens to the wreckto-1 and the kids are in danger and then all of a sudden you hear the famous sirens and the Ecto-1a drifts into frame. The guys get out of the ecto-1a all suited up and Venkman looks at the number 2 logo on the door and goes, "Don't you think it's time we change that?" or something to that affect.

...a guy can dream
Sav C liked this
They could be. I don't think they are, but it's possible.

I grew up in rural Wisconsin. Those might have started as agricultural tanks, but I suspect they were converted to something more technological. The water tanks I encountered as a kid tended to be made of lightweight plastic, not steel. Those aren't silos, and they appear to have high voltage bushings on the top like you'd see on a power transformer.

back liked this
groschopf wrote: December 12th, 2019, 2:30 pm They could be. I don't think they are, but it's possible.

I grew up in rural Wisconsin. Those might have started as agricultural tanks, but I suspect they were converted to something more technological. The water tanks I encountered as a kid tended to be made of lightweight plastic, not steel. Those aren't silos, and they appear to have high voltage bushings on the top like you'd see on a power transformer.

My best guess is that is serves as some sort of back up power supply. If there is an ECU on the premises, then if the power were to go out, he'd want there to be a backup battery to sustain the ECU until the power was restored.
Last edited by Kingpin on December 13th, 2019, 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed quote code
groschopf, SSJmole liked this
Bison256 wrote: December 12th, 2019, 1:57 pm
groschopf wrote: December 12th, 2019, 1:40 pm Think the well of souls here is from the mine, or what's inside of the tanks at the farmhouse?

I think it's from the mine. I bet those are the spirits of the dead miners listed on the memorial.
That sounds likely...

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]