Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By groschopf
droidguy1119 wrote: December 11th, 2019, 12:15 pm When I was still hoping for a sequel to Ghostbusters (2016), that's how I thought they should play it: research pointing to some cataclysmic event that prompts them to do a bit of globe-hopping and mythology-researching.
Sounds a bit like the Hellboy comic series, but with less punching. I like it.
tylergfoster liked this
I think that realistically, this film had to start straying out into "new"/"different territory". Some of the biggest complaints about Ghostbusters II were it seemed to repeat the same basic plot formula of the first movie, between that, and course correcting for the elements of Answer The Call that drew the greatest criticisms, Sony and Jason have the unenviable task of trying to put in some things which will get the fans of the classic series happy, whilst making sure Afterlife isn't just a retread of the three films to come before it, and that there's also plenty to encourage new future fans (kids and adults) into seeing this.

I genuinely believe that whilst Jason will be taking his own approach compared to his father, than in the final product there will be plenty of comedy to satisfy folks.

I know you're dead set to not see it in any capacity SSJ, but I urge you to reconsider. Sometimes a trailer we don't enjoy can put us off seeing a film we actually do end up enjoying. My brother almost didn't see The Incredible Hulk because he wasn't impressed with the trailer. The same could be the case here.

You might actually enjoy Afterlife if you give it a watch. :)
droidguy1119 wrote: December 11th, 2019, 11:30 am Speaking of which, I see we have gotten the thread changed, but the subforum itself still lags behind...
Editing topic titles is within my power. Changing the names of the sub-forums is a power only AJ weilds.
XenuPrime wrote: December 11th, 2019, 12:21 pm Does anyone think (or maybe there's news I haven't heard) they will make some new Mattycollector / high end type toys? Like a PKE, trap, etc.?
Barring some unexpected behind-the-scenes dealings, the MattyCollector line is done and dusted. Any prop replicas will either come from Hasbro, who were awarded a licence contract a few months back.
Dr.D, lozbloke, moviemaker29 and 4 others liked this
Seems like ALOT of people around here are forgetting something.

There is already a sequel that was basically the original. Alot of people didn't really enjoy just rehashing the same plot points.

Ghostbusters NEEDS change to keep going. We've seen a tiny fraction of what this movie is about and people are losing their minds on both sides. Those showering it with unnecessary and unearned praise and those ripping it apart are two sides of the same coin.

Everyone just needs to take a massive chill pill.
GBfan_CH, moviemaker29, Kingpin and 5 others liked this
I have to say that I love the fact it's different yet still has a real familiar tone to it. I wouldn't want another rehash and actually wanted some change.
Also, this is very much a passing of the torch movie, to set up future stories I think, as well as to close the story arc of the original, which is also why I'm totally cool with bringing back (potentially) Shandor / Gozer to complete the story of the originals and move forward.
Dr.D wrote: December 11th, 2019, 12:36 pm Seems like ALOT of people around here are forgetting something.

There is already a sequel that was basically the original. Alot of people didn't really enjoy just rehashing the same plot points.

Ghostbusters NEEDS change to keep going. We've seen a tiny fraction of what this movie is about and people are losing their minds on both sides. Those showering it with unnecessary and unearned praise and those ripping it apart are two sides of the same coin.

Everyone just needs to take a massive chill pill.

I’m 100% onboard with this new direction of a movie, Doctor. I should add that I haven’t seen Stranger Things yet so any comparisons are pretty lost on me.
This content received too many dislikes. Click SHOW to view
Except as I said moviemaker29 everything is different. Location , the fact that children not scientists , the tone of trailer was very different , if there's no giant thi g that too.

The original and the 2016 were adults , the original with dealing with stuff like theyd be smoking going down corridors , both had them buying the headquarters , 2016 had the effect on careers. Where the movies enjoyed by kids ? Yes but that's a huge change.

The fact id besides the props and car , nothing felt like ghostbusters at all to me. That is a problem. That's why I mentioned the force awakens comparison is even people on here we're asking for a chewie we're home moment. This was the first trailer

https://youtu.be/erLk59H86ww

Now let's break this down.

Music ? Star wars
Locations? Looked like the star wars locations
Characters ? Look like Star wars characters we'd seen before
The action ? The same Star wars action we came to expect

What did that accomplish? Hyped up the nostalgia and felt like a franchise people loved had returned. That's what people want in sequels from years ago.

Ghostbusters 2 should have evolved it yes. But they want people who loved the original Ghostbusters to go "oh that looks like the thing I loved I should go see that"

Where as what we got in trailer

Music ? Didn't use the main Ghostbusters theme
Locations? Nothing like Ghostbusters
Characters ? Children and nothing like the the characters we know in Ghostbusters
The action ? New with stunt we haven't seen in Ghostbusters before.

If you can take that same trailer remove the props and the car and I wouldn't recognise that is a Ghostbusters trailer and something's gone wrong. You remove those and people would think it's just a stranger things trailer.

If you look at a Star wars trailer and remove the ships and the props like lightsabers and just showed characters talking and locations and the Star wars theme tune. people would still know it was a Star wars movie.

That's the point , it's not appealing to the mainstream demographic that they want let's face it just fans different ones what different things anyway like we're both fans and we both have different stuff so that doesn't work you have to try and get the mainstream especially if you're trying to make this something to reestablish the franchise for a new generation.

So many people I know took their kids to go see Star wars episode 7 , so many people I know who watched Ghostbusters saw trailer and went "meh" that's not what you want

I understand people here will like it and I said if you want to see it go see it if you like it it talk about it and say why you like it. But if you don't like it you should be able to talk to why you don't like it without attacking anyone , I don't like it I want to like the film but that first trailer was a terrible choice in my opinion.

Even more so as the teaser the got everyone excited only showed ecto 1 , proton beams and screamed "this is Ghostbusters" to have people excited for the trailer and then show "this isn't Ghostbusters" it just feels like bad marketing and poor decision making
BatDan liked this
By Sav C
RichardLess wrote: December 11th, 2019, 6:27 amI'll never understand why people let a complete stranger on Twitter get to them like this.

I am so damn tired of hearing how toxic *this* fan base is. Just stop it. I guarentee this fandom isn't any more or less toxic than any other noun that brings out the tribalism in humans. Pretending Ghostbusters fans are some toxic sludge of evil is a joke. I've heard plenty of anecdotal stories of people getting some serious asshole treatment from some stranger on Twitter. Are they Ghostbusters fans? General film fans? Nazi's? We don't know. We don't. We can't even be sure if they are real human beings for Christ sake. Troll bots have become very hard to spot.

Look. I don't care if you're a Boston Celtics fan, New England Patriots fan a Toronto Maple Leafs fan, a Star Wars fan, a Star Trek fan or a god damn Care Bears fan. Fandom brings about the BEST and THE WORST in people. Ghostbusters isn't special. It all comes from the same place. ALL OF IT. Pretending that it doesn't and that somehow Ghostbusters 2016 was some new low in tribalism is naïve at best and a straight up lie at worst.

I know it'll never happen but my god can we please just end the fake shock and awe like somehow Ghostbusters fans were above all of this? And before anyone dare say I'm excusing the bad behaviour and sexist crap that went on, don't. Just...don't. Leslie Jones didn't deserve what she got. Neither did that guy that plays Finn in Star Wars. Or the girl that plays Rose in Star Wars. Or the female Doctor Who. Or the new James Bond 00 featured in a new trailer. Can you see a pattern there?

Buy your daughter or whoever was teased about being a GB16 fan some new toys and new shirt. Tell her about all the charity work Ghostbusters local groups do. Tell her about all the Ghostbusters fans who denounced the garbage tweets & racism. Tell her how exciting it is or can be to be a fan and meeting other fans who share the same love that you do.

So, please. All you fans that have anecdotal stories of bad tweets & Reddit posts, stop calling the fandom toxic, please. It's a false narrative that promotes the hate and ignores everything else.
There's a lot I disagree with in this post, most notably the way you speak of SSJmole's experience, which comes off callous (if you don't mind my honesty). I mean the poor kid sounds semi-traumatized--I don't think pointing out the charity work of some fans is going to fix that.

Also, the reaction to 2016 was bad. Really bad. I don't think it's comparable to Star Wars, Doctor Who, or Bond since it was so bad. I think people like me who mainly stuck to this forum were exposed to a much more pleasant environment than what was happening in reality, due to the efforts of Kingpin and the other mods to keep this place on the up and up. The reaction may not have been a new low, but it was pretty darn close.

However, I agree with two things. First, anecdotes, particularly the worse ones, should not be generalized to represent the fandom as a whole. That would be a hasty generalization.

Second, and this stems from the first point, is that I agree we shouldn't be calling this fandom toxic. It lacks nuance since it ignores the many positive aspects of the fanbase. It seems we're quick to exclude the middle-ground when we sum up a fandom of thousands of people with one adjective. If we want to rid this fandom of toxicity, let us make our arguments in good faith (most of us here do, most of the time, I would say), and avoid stooping to the level of the many trolls who continue to plague almost all corners of the internet.
tylergfoster, SSJmole, Kingpin and 2 others liked this
By Gozerhead
SSJmole wrote: December 11th, 2019, 12:00 pm
SpaceBallz wrote: December 11th, 2019, 11:16 am SSJMole, I think that was the entire point of this first trailer, to show everyone that its different. The next few trailers will be the "fun" ones I'm sure.
Which is why it's bad

If the point is people kept saying is to show this is part of the original movies and for the fans why they make it completely unrecognisable besides a couple of props?

It would be like when they did the Star Trek reboot movie if they release the trailer to show people it's like Star Trek and they only used the scenes when Kirk and his dad were in a field then just 1 shot of the enterprise and 1 shot of them using a phaser.

Like ghostbuster fans keep trying to compare it to the force awakens and what they did with Star wars. But as much as I don't like it , I like and appreciate the reason the force awakens worked and got fans back was it was literally A New hope just slightly different.

Which is kind of what people want. If you talk to people about Ghostbusters and ask them what they want for a new film they tell you what they loved about the original film and how the original film made them feel. To then go "you liked it being about a group of scientists in New York who came together to save the city from the giant marshmallow Man Well...... This is about a few kids and it's set in the country !"

I mean trying to be different , making the cast teenagers and setting it in the country in a town ending in ville ...... Ah that's why the CW show smallville was so beloved by everyone!

I don't want different I want Ghostbusters

It was a 2.5 minute trailer. A trailer. Not a full movie, not a complete synopsis, not a full leak of the plot, but a trailer. Which will likely add up to maybe 2% of the actual movie. Assuming everything from the trailer is in the movie as is, that means 98% of the movie is still out there to be seen.

The new trailer has over 10 million views and 94% thumbs up (300,000 likes to 20,000 dislikes). ATC also has 300,000 likes...but 1.1 million dislikes (45 million views), and 30% thumbs up.

Trying to not be like that trailer, I am sure, was intentional. A huge knock of that trailer (which actually led many to believe it was GB3 and connected directly) was the humor didn't land. I LOVE that this trailer hit on the emotional strings of established fans. I am sure it will be funny. Most of the actors we know are in it are very funny. I really don't want a trailer that gives the whole plot (ATC sure did), or all the best jokes.

I just rewatched the ATC and Afterlife trailers. In watching the Afterlife trailer, it almost feels like there are several times where it cut right where a joke or one liner could be placed.

I love Jurassic Park, so I went and rewatched the Jurassic World trailer. It gives away the whole movie. I then went to Fallen Kingdom. It gives away half the movie. I think, the Afterlife trailer is most likely like the Fallen Kingdom trailer. We now know about half of what the movie is about (or at least I hope).

So, what I am kinda getting at is I believe most people in 2019 want a direct sequel with a direct connection to the old movies that carries the torch. This appears to be giving us that. It also, IMO, sticks with Jason's unwrapping it as a present. We have no idea if OK is the location of all the movie, half the movie, or less than half of the movie (I am not too worried about that, actually).

Don't even get me started on comparing the Afterlife trailer to the 1984 trailer that maybe had one joke if you count them zapping the maid's cart. That trailer is played very straight. Really try and watch that without context of the full movie. It plays like a straight syfy or horror movie...and NY is not a prominent sales point
Last edited by Gozerhead on December 11th, 2019, 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
moviemaker29, deadderek, seekandannoy and 1 others liked this
From a business standpoint, it was smart to capitalize on the popularity of Stranger Things and IT in regards to creating a story that follows kids on an adventure - I imagine this helped make the film an easy sell to studio execs.

But if you also look at it from the view that should this film be successful, you've now got a solid young cast that can grow with the franchise and help build upon the universe even further. That idea excites me a lot, especially if there is a place to continue the original cast's stories in future films, no matter how small their inclusion might be. That has worked well keeping the Rocky franchise alive all this time and, c'mon, there is way more interesting characters and content to work with here than in those films, which I still adore.

The way this film seems to have been made was a smart move for this day and time. It's a new take that is still within Jason's wheelhouse of more intimate, character-driven dramas, yet carries on not only the GB story legacy, but the Reitmans' father and son legacy as well. That connection alone makes me have more faith in this than what might normally have been a studio cash-grab.
Kingpin, robbritton, back liked this
The location change was odd but did help fuel my interest to explore within their world. It can make sense how one community thinks what happened in another was a myth or legend. And the treatment of the 84 events as such seemed cool. Another thing I actually wanted was a darker tone, and the trailer sure as hell delivered that. (yet I thought some bombastic songs like Phil Collins would work, what's with me?) My prediction of the scorer was either Jamie Dunlap (South Park) or Mark Mancina (Disney's Tarzan) since it strangely gets the mood for such things. But it sure as hell don't sound like 'em in the bombastic cover of the Bernstein music. Maybe we'll hear the score in new clips or somethin'.
Kingpin wrote:I think that realistically, this film had to start straying out into "new"/"different territory". Some of the biggest complaints about Ghostbusters II were it seemed to repeat the same basic plot formula of the first movie, between that, and course correcting for the elements of Answer The Call that drew the greatest criticisms, Sony and Jason have the unenviable task of trying to put in some things which will get the fans of the classic series happy, whilst making sure Afterlife isn't just a retread of the three films to come before it, and that there's also plenty to encourage new future fans (kids and adults) into seeing this.
Exactly. Although I have no issue with the story being in NYC, a different direction and location was very much needed. Hell, that supposed animated flick wants to be from a ghost's POV. Granted, I just hope something will come around that'll appease both sides.
GBfan_CH wrote:I’m 100% onboard with this new direction of a movie, Doctor. I should add that I haven’t seen Stranger Things yet so any comparisons are pretty lost on me.
Another good statement, but me neither on the Stranger Things stuff (yet they had the official usage of Ghostbusters stuff :P). But even if I did watch, it wouldn't be a negative similarity. And so far, the story looks way less like a rehash of 1, so it has that now. But then again, it was pretty hard to think of a new story at the time. The Seed (initial version of GB2) was morbid and strange but at least different.

Anyway this could sound hella rude, but why am I getting vibes of this from SSJmole?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AvrBFlJeMs
(from his video covering the possible quality of The Looney Tunes Show)

But regardless, I'm excited and we're bound to see more footage that won't spoil the journey.
deadderek liked this
Kingpin wrote: December 11th, 2019, 12:36 pm I think that realistically, this film had to start straying out into "new"/"different territory". Some of the biggest complaints about Ghostbusters II were it seemed to repeat the same basic plot formula of the first movie, between that, and course correcting for the elements of Answer The Call that drew the greatest criticisms, Sony and Jason have the unenviable task of trying to put in some things which will get the fans of the classic series happy, whilst making sure Afterlife isn't just a retread of the three films to come before it, and that there's also plenty to encourage new future fans (kids and adults) into seeing this.

I genuinely believe that whilst Jason will be taking his own approach compared to his father, than in the final product there will be plenty of comedy to satisfy folks.

I know you're dead set to not see it in any capacity SSJ, but I urge you to reconsider. Sometimes a trailer we don't enjoy can put us off seeing a film we actually do end up enjoying. My brother almost didn't see The Incredible Hulk because he wasn't impressed with the trailer. The same could be the case here.

You might actually enjoy Afterlife if you give it a watch. :)
droidguy1119 wrote: December 11th, 2019, 11:30 am Speaking of which, I see we have gotten the thread changed, but the subforum itself still lags behind...
Editing topic titles is within my power. Changing the names of the sub-forums is a power only AJ weilds.
XenuPrime wrote: December 11th, 2019, 12:21 pm Does anyone think (or maybe there's news I haven't heard) they will make some new Mattycollector / high end type toys? Like a PKE, trap, etc.?
Barring some unexpected behind-the-scenes dealings, the MattyCollector line is done and dusted. Any prop replicas will either come from Hasbro, who were awarded a licence contract a few months back.
Oh yeah sorry, I forgot to specify I know Mattel is out of the picture and I was thinking more of a "Black Series" style from Hasbro. I would be surprised if we don't get regular toy versions, but a replica style series would be nice.

I have my Mattycollector stuff, but I used the Spirit trap and PKE at Halloween this year. It just didn't seem worth the risk to carry the expensive ones around the neighborhood (especially when I didn't even use either of them).
Some dude on one of the Facebook groups is insistent the film follows a leak. I believe he's mostly using the "frequency" one where they go around blasting possessed people, but I notice it's been conspicuously updated to hit every beat in the trailer. Anyone have the original text? I know I saw it in here.
Sav C liked this
So, here are my 2 cents as an OG Ghostbusters fan.

While I fully admit that I'm not as "die hard" as some of you, having said that I'm still pretty serious about GB. I represent the section of the fandom that knows and LOVES GB1 and 2 inside and out, and as such they are the only true canon. Yes I loved RGB, TVG, and enjoyed EGB they were great for what they were. But at the end of the day they are not, nor should be considered canon. I say this because, while I understand some of you really love the comic books and the game, at the end of the day they exist in their own universe, and should remain as such. Much like RGB and EGB exist within their own universe, it doesnt mean they are not good or can't be enjoyed, but they are separate from the film series. I say this because I feel a lot of you are setting yourselves up for disappointment when it come to the video game. Look, when it seemed like it was ONLY GB3 we were going to get... I was ALL for it being the "3rd" film. But now given we ARE getting a 3rd film, it's more of an "off shoot" alt. Universe story now, and I think we should all be ok with that. Given the way it appears Afterlife is going to unfold (Shandor, Gozer, Terror dogs, etc), I think it's pretty obvious Afterlife and the video game can NOT exist within the same universe. Despite the fact that I DO really like the video game, story wise it's never worked well as a film if we are honest with ourselves. Too many boss battles, too much action, too much go here then go there. Why? Because it's a video game not a movie. Could certain aspects of it be worked into a possible film? Yes. But not without some major story cuts. Plus let us NOT forget, it basically ruins the Peter/Dana story. That's reason enough for it to be viewed as an alt timeline story.

I say this not just in regards to the video game, but also because of Answer the Call. I understand that a lot of you guys on here have latched onto that film for whatever reasons, and more power to you. I'm not going to tell you what to like or dislike, nor am I going to pretend some hate doesnt exist because of that film. But I can only speak for myself, and others that I've spoke to that share these thoughts... But that film to me is a complete abomination. I could go on and on about all the problems I feel it has, but the bottom line is it feels like a parody GB film. Like the Scary Movie films are to Scream. I bring this up because some of the comments some of you are reading on other forums in regards ATC (on the Afterlife trailer, etc) is because people dislike that film SO MUCH. I firmly believe that most of the hate that film Carries is NOT sexism, but just straight up hate towards the film period. It was a film NOBODY asked for and NOBODY wanted. I say this from personal experience. I have no problem with women Ghostbusters, I have a problem with a remake that erased 1 and 2 and was filled with fart joke humor. It didnt respect or honor the original films, and was made by people that had no right making a GB film to begin with. So when you read comments in Afterlife by people taking shots at ATC, its because that film caused such disdain for so many fans of the original films. Fans that might not come on forums like this, but fans that grew up with Ghostbusters. You might disagree, but its these fans that made Ghostbusters popular to begin with, and its fans Afterlife HAS to win back if Ghostbusters is going to have a future.

Having said that, I personally can accept Answer the Calls "place" within the Ghostbusters universe now, thanks to Afterlife. It's just another alt timeline Ghostbusters story, and that's where it belongs. People that love it, can still enjoy it. Just like you can still enjoy RGB or TVG. It's no longer considered canon (but it never should have been considered canon to begin with), but as I've said other popular mediums within the universe are no longer canon either. As of now GB, GB2 and GB Afterlife are the official canon, and hopefully Afterlife will produce more sequels that will also be canon.
I think you missed my point Ghostytheghost on why I want it to feel like ghostbusters. I respect you see differently but I want it to feel like ghostbusters at all. It just didn't

Like I love Spider-man. If I see a Spider-Man trailer I needed to feel like Spider-man. Some exceptionsike new joker as new continuity ecttt and we damn good film but I want what advertised on the tin basically
By robbritton
groschopf wrote: December 11th, 2019, 10:15 am
GhostbustersZorge wrote: December 11th, 2019, 9:21 am Actually I'm not a Fan of these re-edits, but this one really got me.
Identical up to the point where the Ecto shows up, but then, wow...

https://youtu.be/3P5TvDNEAgg
I prefer the music they used in the trailer. A straight-up genre fake-out for the first half, the subtle segue into Venkman's three-cord key, the way the music swells and sounds epic. Most of all, I get why people would want Ray Parker Jrs theme in there, but this felt much more timeless.

Totally get if it's not everyone cup of tea. I just prefer what they did over the edited version.
I’m with you on this, the trailer worked brilliant as is.

it’s interesting how lots of folks are saying the GB music kicks in with the Venkman piano - the preceding held string figure when Mckenna Grace is doing the floor puzzle is a direct lift from Bernstein. Gave me proper goosebumps, it did!
groschopf liked this
droidguy1119 wrote: December 11th, 2019, 1:29 pm Some dude on one of the Facebook groups is insistent the film follows a leak. I believe he's mostly using the "frequency" one where they go around blasting possessed people, but I notice it's been conspicuously updated to hit every beat in the trailer. Anyone have the original text? I know I saw it in here.
Here's one version, posted by Davideverona on the 28th of August:
This Post Contains Spoilers
-Link

And a longer version, posted by JonXCTrack on the same day:
-Link

(Spoilered for length, not because I believe they have any bearing on the film)

Let us know if the one you've recently seen has been modified.
groschopf liked this
Every day when I read this thread I can't help but think "Don't look at me I think these people are completely nuts."
QUESTION FOR EVERYONE

We've all had ideas in our head for decades of what a perfect GB3 would be. Now that we've seen the trailer we are getting an idea of what makes up the real GB3. What deviations from your dream Ghostbusters 3are you willing to embrace and which ones are you most excited about?

I didn't think I'd like any equipment changes but I love the new Ecto goggles update.
I'm digging the EGB vibe of the film.
I really wanted the original Busters back but this film feels like it could be complete without them.
Mckenna Grace wearing a pack sounded like an odd idea but seeing the idea put into action it looked right.
The general use of kids was something I was very much against but they aren't as bad as I expected.
From what we can tell it probably doesn't copy the GB1 and GB2 formula and I'm actually okay with that.
Sav C liked this
Kingpin wrote: December 11th, 2019, 1:47 pm Here's one version, posted by Davideverona on the 28th of August...
Ah, the "minors" version. What a bunch of bullshit. I remember reading this before, but it's even more ludicrous now that the trailer is out.

No mention of Trevor on a date hanging out over a mineshaft. No mention of the secret lab Egon had.Hell, no mention of Paul Rudd's character. They keep generically referring to older characters as an/the adult because they obviously don't know any character names. And the whole car-mounted pack they adjusted "with the help of the adult and hit the streets" looks like a fabrication based off of the early leaked gunner seat photo, because it appears in the trailer that the kids don't know that the chair swivels out of the car until the kid leaning over the front seat probably tried some switches.

So much inane detail, yet no names. Riddle me this, "leaker" -- who's Phoebe's father?
Corey91, Kingpin liked this
Kingpin wrote: December 11th, 2019, 1:47 pm Let us know if the one you've recently seen has been modified.
Here's the one on Facebook. It is close to unreadable, formatting/spelling-wise. I'm not gonna fix it.
This one has the opposite problem as the others: the trailer is out and you notice how it tries to explicitly mention every beat. The guy who posted it swears he saw it prior to to the trailer, but no links are provided.
groschopf liked this
Corey91 wrote: December 11th, 2019, 1:50 pm If you don't like the trailer or look/feel of the film, and will wait to watch it until it's on tv....then why waste all day in a Ghostbusters: Afterlife thread writing paragraphs and being downvoted?
Wait are you saying we shouldn't post anything about a ghostbusters film we aren't go to see in cinema ? *Reads 2016 thread* Intresting ....

But I said I want to like the movie and I'm hoping the second trailer actually gives us something Ghostbusters.

I'm a fan I'm going to discuss it. My views may be different to yours but I still respect your right to voice them please respect mine.

People can like and dislike whatever they do. There's no harm in it at all as I'm not using it to attack people like yourself who do like it I'm not attacking people made the movie. Just voicing an opinion.

Plus a healthy debate is always good. I genuinely enjoy seeing how other people think I'm also enjoying discussing what could or could not be. As like I said if second trailer can wow me I'll go see. I'm not giving up hope that it was just a bad trailer not a true representative of the final product.
Coover5 wrote: December 11th, 2019, 2:01 pm QUESTION FOR EVERYONE

We've all had ideas in our head for decades of what a perfect GB3 would be. Now that we've seen the trailer we are getting an idea of what makes up the real GB3. What deviations from your dream Ghostbusters 3are you willing to embrace and which ones are you most excited about?
As much as I would have LOVED to see sequels after 2 that followed the RGB/TVG format (Ghostbusters still in business, and busting ghosts, etc), I dont think it would of been a good thing for the franchise. I can say this now, but Bill Murray has been right all along. Every new film would of kept following the same format established in the original, and would of slowly killed the franchise due to franchise fatigue (like Friday the 13th, etc). Ghostbusters was never Star Wars (by Lucas originally), where a huge overall story was written, a d the first movie was only the first part of this epic story. Ghostbusters was the opposite, it was one self contained story, and each sequel would be another self contained story. Endless sequels might have sounded like a great idea back in 1990, looking back now I'm kinda glad that didnt happen. We have RGB and TVG for peaks into a world like that.

Like Murray says in the Afterlife trailer "Call it fate, call it luck, call it karma, everything happens for a reason." Same applies for the ill fated GB3. I dont think Dan ever really had a strong idea for a 3rd film, and I dont think Harold did either. It needed a fresh set of eyes by someone that really knew and respected the franchise. Which is exactly what I think we are going to get with Afterlife. We are also getting a completely new look into the Ghostbusters world, by taking it out of NY, kids, etc. Some people might be a little upset about that, but I feel it breathes fresh life into the franchise. Like I said before, otherwise we would have gotten other film that felt like an episode of RGB (despite how much we love the series), it's not exactly a new and exciting idea. Would the new villian be as good as Gozer?no. As good as Vigo? Probably not. You see my point?
Coover5, Wafflerobot, moviemaker29 and 2 others liked this
Corey91 wrote: December 11th, 2019, 2:29 pm
SSJmole wrote: December 11th, 2019, 2:20 pm I'm a fan I'm going to discuss it. My views may be different to yours but I still respect your right to voice them please respect mine.

I didn't know asking a question was being disrespectful? Accept my deepest apology!
I didn't say it was I was just explaining why I am as your question is framed in a way that suggests it's not ok. 👍
SSJmole wrote: December 11th, 2019, 2:20 pm
Corey91 wrote: December 11th, 2019, 1:50 pm If you don't like the trailer or look/feel of the film, and will wait to watch it until it's on tv....then why waste all day in a Ghostbusters: Afterlife thread writing paragraphs and being downvoted?
Wait are you saying we shouldn't post anything about a ghostbusters film we aren't go to see in cinema ? *Reads 2016 thread* Intresting ....
...I'm starting to think this is SSJMole's revenge. It's okay dude, "Batman & Robin" still has its fans in the Batman Universe too.
MikeyJ122, Coover5, deadderek and 3 others liked this
SpaceBallz wrote: December 11th, 2019, 2:51 pm
SSJmole wrote: December 11th, 2019, 2:20 pm

...I'm starting to think this is SSJMole's revenge. It's okay dude, "Batman & Robin" still has its fans in the Batman Universe too.
Go back through the topic you'll see when this teaser dropped I was excited I was on board for the new film. I don't know why it's so hard for you to understand that i just doesn't like the new trailer but wanted to.

Hell I keep saying I'm still hopeful the second one will win me back over.

It's ok dude eventually you'll understand it's ok to like and dislike different things. Hell can keep saying if you like this trailer when I encourage you to go see the film to help it make more money. Eventually you'll understand that.
Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]