Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By groschopf
What do we suppose that new greenish-yellow thing on the proton pack is? I can't tell if that's a new supply line or a ratchet strap there to hold the pack together.

[edit]
Kind of looks like an ethernet cable with a fabric loom in the on-the-workbench shot.

Last edited by groschopf on December 9th, 2019, 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
back, robbritton, Sav C liked this
By SSJmole
SpaceBallz wrote: December 9th, 2019, 11:15 am Are we doing this? Are we going to start another GB2016 debate/calling out sexists in a GB3 spoilers discussion?
When they are using the new film too still attack? Absolutely because if we don't it leads to stuff as I've mentioned of people literally thinking they have to leave the fandom or get rid of the Ghostbusters stuff ect...

It may be an uncomfortable truth but it is a truth nonetheless.
Kingpin, Sav C liked this
By Scum
I feel like the only thing that should be said about 2016 in comparison to this trailer... it’s everything the true fans ASKED FOR in 2016. A mixed team. You want your daughters to Don proton packs? Well, here’s Phoebe! Oh you want your sons to be ghostbusters? Well, here’s Trevor.

It seemed so simple then, and well, here we are!
SpaceBallz, EddieSpenser, deadderek and 3 others liked this
By Adub794
groschopf wrote: December 9th, 2019, 11:22 am What do we suppose that new greenish-yellow thing on the proton pack is? I can't tell if that's a new supply line or a ratchet strap there to hold the pack together.

Looks like it’s additional wiring in a green wire loom. Can be see frayed in this screen grab
By SpaceBallz
SSJmole wrote: December 9th, 2019, 10:23 am but this seems heatless. It's like Sony just said "we need to make money what popular , ah stranger things cast one of them and set in a similar location and give it a similar tone. What else? Ahhh the mcu is popular give us Ant-Man discovering technology again from a old hero they loved that in Ant-Man one!" And that worries me.
Scum, back, Commander_Jim liked this
By SSJmole
This content received too many dislikes. Click SHOW to view
Adub794 wrote: December 9th, 2019, 11:20 am SSJmole it sounds like you’re putting too much stock in Twitter. Twitter is hot garbage and gives morons a podium to insult.

I deleted Twitter a long time ago. The best places for “fans”- true fans- are fb groups and forums like this one
But it's not just Twitter the baby picture I just showed was (I still love his little Ghostbusters uniform) but as I mentioned just a couple of posts ago a teenage girl in my family Ghostbusters top outside after she saw ATC and got threatened with violence. And they said things like "it's because of women like you and Ghostbusters in ruined" as they threatened her.

That same girl went from being a massive Ghostbusters fan to refusing to have anything of it in her room or even watch any of them now.

And that's heartbreaking it really truly is.
tylergfoster, Kingpin, Sav C liked this
By tylergfoster
deadderek wrote: December 9th, 2019, 11:02 am This movie is truly Jason giving it back to the fans. We're in for one hell of a movie next year. $$$$$$$
We'll see. But I wouldn't bet on it.

Scum wrote: December 9th, 2019, 11:23 am I feel like the only thing that should be said about 2016 in comparison to this trailer... it’s everything the true fans ASKED FOR in 2016. A mixed team. You want your daughters to Don proton packs? Well, here’s Phoebe! Oh you want your sons to be ghostbusters? Well, here’s Trevor.

It seemed so simple then, and well, here we are!
"True fan" BS again. Fans aren't a monolith. For every fan who you say wanted that there were others who didn't.

It's really as simple as not assuming what you want is what others want. When I talk about what I want, I know and say that I don't think everyone's gonna agree with me. It's not that hard!
Last edited by tylergfoster on December 9th, 2019, 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
SSJmole, Kingpin liked this
By Alphagaia
SpaceBallz wrote: December 9th, 2019, 11:15 am Are we doing this? Are we going to start another GB2016 debate/calling out sexists in a GB3 spoilers discussion?
I warned you not to say stuff like that. Sigh and here we are again...

Let both sides stop this stupid bickering. It's in the past.
2GunsRacing liked this
By Adub794
SSJmole wrote: December 9th, 2019, 11:26 am
Adub794 wrote: December 9th, 2019, 11:20 am SSJmole it sounds like you’re putting too much stock in Twitter. Twitter is hot garbage and gives morons a podium to insult.

I deleted Twitter a long time ago. The best places for “fans”- true fans- are fb groups and forums like this one
But it's not just Twitter the baby picture I just showed was (I still love his little Ghostbusters uniform) but as I mentioned just a couple of posts ago a teenage girl in my family Ghostbusters top outside after she saw ATC and got threatened with violence. And they said things like "it's because of women like you and Ghostbusters in ruined" as they threatened her.

That same girl went from being a massive Ghostbusters fan to refusing to have anything of it in her room or even watch any of them now.

That is heartbreaking and I’m sorry that happened. It must have been really difficult for her. Those clowns shouldn’t be lumped into the gb “fandom”. Using that film to spread anti feminism hate speech is really sad.
Kingpin, Sav C liked this
By deadderek
Let's stay more on topic guys and talk about Afterlife!
Adub794, modern homie, 2GunsRacing and 2 others liked this
By tylergfoster
Adub794 wrote: December 9th, 2019, 11:30 am

That is heartbreaking and I’m sorry that happened. It must have been really difficult for her. Those clowns shouldn’t be lumped into the gb “fandom”. Using that film to spread anti feminism hate speech is really sad.
The only way we can truly combat this kind of thing as fans is to acknowledge that those people are part of this community, but that we reject this kind of behavior. Saying "they're not fans" is another "true fan" argument and a dismissive excuse. All communities have people with bad attitudes or who behave badly, so owning it doesn't make us look different than anyone else, and it gives our rejection more weight because we accept that there's a problem that has to be dealt with.
SSJmole, robbritton, *NormalGamer* and 1 others liked this
By back
groschopf wrote: December 9th, 2019, 10:02 am It's not Slimer -- this thing has more limbs.

And I think we get a glimpse of it in the gasworks:

I think were looking at a Scoleri Brother...
Or this little guy from 'Back in the Saddle'...
Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator
groschopf, Sav C liked this
By SpaceBallz
Ghostbusters has always been about nostalgia for me. About fantasy and pretend and my childhood self running around with his proton pack imagining he's busting some ghosts. So if the new movie wants to pander to that instead of being another goofy SNL comedy, I'm all for it.
By deadderek
So who do we all have as antagonists? I'm thinking the Sheriff. Similar to the EPA and Mayor's Assistant...
Sav C liked this
By SSJmole

Yeah it's why I stopped been in the fandom for a long time. And as the other poster said I'm still not 100% in it as I can't just forget how vile and toxic the fanbase was. And I grew up the Ghostbusters like first was out like 1 or 2 years before I was born and I watch the hell of it on VHS love the real ghostbusters and just kept going and now I see ghostbusters and the negative part is still there.
tylergfoster liked this
By back
Nobody likes my theory on weather its a Scoleri Brother or???
Guess it got lost with other depressing horrible happenings (which I am sympathetic for, but this is a HAPPY time... so smile! :) )
groschopf wrote: December 9th, 2019, 11:38 am Where do we think the family is moving from? Illinois? Washington state?

Looks like an WA plate to me. But then again I am known to be wrong.
By back
deadderek wrote: December 9th, 2019, 11:36 am So who do we all have as antagonists? I'm thinking the Sheriff. Similar to the EPA and Mayor's Assistant...
Im betting its gonna be someone who's already possessed. But, like the Game, we wont know till the end.
deadderek, 2GunsRacing liked this
By Adub794
droidguy1119 wrote: December 9th, 2019, 11:34 am

The only way we can truly combat this kind of thing as fans is to acknowledge that those people are part of this community, but that we reject this kind of behavior. Saying "they're not fans" is another "true fan" argument and a dismissive excuse. All communities have people with bad attitudes or who behave badly, so owning it doesn't make us look different than anyone else, and it gives our rejection more weight because we accept that there's a problem that has to be dealt with.

While I don’t disagree with you, all I was saying that they probably aren’t fans of the film or the franchise in the first place. The woman reboot was just a vehicle for them to push anti feminism hate speech. This type of behavior is an issue in any capacity
Funktion, tylergfoster, back and 1 others liked this
By groschopf
It does look a bit Scoleri Brother... but I think we're seeing something new.

And hopefully the Scoleri Brothers are still locked up in an aging containment unit back in New York that didn't get shut down in the second film (although it DOES get shut down again in the video game, depending on what the film considers canon).
deadderek, 2GunsRacing, tylergfoster and 3 others liked this
By Adub794
skankerzero wrote: December 9th, 2019, 11:53 am God I hope it's not a Scollari brother or any other ghost that we've seen in the past.

Is it too much to ask for all new ideas?
My (far out there) theory on this is that they’ll change that ghost to slimer for the film. But I’ll admit, I’m probably wrong on this one
Sav C liked this
By 2GunsRacing
The wall full of keys, maybe the terror dog is looking for the Locksmith AKA the Keymaster haha
I'm kidding of course, but now I cant wait until the second trailer drops.
I am so dang excited, watched the trailer bunch of times. Just so very happy.

So....who else will be in full gear at the opening? lol
deadderek, groschopf liked this
By back
groschopf wrote: December 9th, 2019, 11:38 am Where do we think the family is moving from? Illinois? Washington state?

My mistake, Illinois it is! GOOD EYE!!
And btw all...
Not sure whats going on with the views though :/
Last edited by back on December 9th, 2019, 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sav C liked this
By XenuPrime
back wrote: December 9th, 2019, 11:35 am
groschopf wrote: December 9th, 2019, 10:02 am It's not Slimer -- this thing has more limbs.

And I think we get a glimpse of it in the gasworks:

I think were looking at a Scoleri Brother...
Or this little guy from 'Back in the Saddle'...
I bet this ghost is something like a guy (probably a bad guy) was killed by steam in that factory. I'm calling him Gaseous Clay.
By SSJmole
Adub794 wrote: December 9th, 2019, 11:45 am
droidguy1119 wrote: December 9th, 2019, 11:34 am The only way we can truly combat this kind of thing as fans is to acknowledge that those people are part of this community, but that we reject this kind of behavior. Saying "they're not fans" is another "true fan" argument and a dismissive excuse. All communities have people with bad attitudes or who behave badly, so owning it doesn't make us look different than anyone else, and it gives our rejection more weight because we accept that there's a problem that has to be dealt with.

While I don’t disagree with you, all I was saying that they probably aren’t fans of the film or the franchise in the first place. The woman reboot was just a vehicle for them to push anti feminism hate speech. This type of behavior is an issue in any capacity
They probably were.

Hell this thread look how nan thumbs down are given to saying it's wrong and they shouldn't have treated a girl in my family that way.
Thumbs down like they disagree with it wrong.

All it did was shine a spotlight on it
tylergfoster, Kingpin, Sav C liked this
By Ectojeff88
I’ve watched this about 10+ times and I’m still going back to look at everything. It was a 50/50 shot if any originals would appear, and I’m confident they will- in the next trailer around March/April I expect.

We may even see a still photo before the next trailer with a proper big announcement like Ernie hinted at in the summer.

I actually never considered GB a comedy for most of my life. I think of it as a disaster movie with heroes so smart who can crack jokes in the midst of danger.

None of the previous GB trailers really amped up the comedy aspect. You can’t do that much without giving it all away.

There’s still so much of this movie behind trap doors. The Venkman voiceover I was not expecting, what a great surprise! I love the Terror Dog shot too! That’s gonna be an audience jump scare moment for sure! With new digital animation to make creature movement smoother this could be one of those really scary bits Dan talked about!

As a first trailer this is getting the buzz started and I love it! Let’s all band together as the GB team members we are and make sure this does well so we can have more. Remember, kids grow up, so we could have some or all of these characters return again and again, with even more characters added to the team in future films. It’s all hanging in delicate balance. Let’s tip the scale in our favor for the fandom!
Adub794, Kingpin liked this

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]