Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By groschopf
I thought that was awesome. It started out as a generic teen film and segued into something much more interesting. Nice use of Venkman's piano riff and cover of Elmer Bernstein's "call it luck" film score.

A lot of it felt familiar because we are, of course, hanging out on the spoilers board. But that doesn't bother me.

I'm excited!
dr.paul, Kingpin, Sav C liked this
the trailer was about what I thought it was going to be.

Looks like all the leaks are true which is kinda .......... meh

I can't believe we didn't get at least a blip of a hard cut of the OG's , shoot even ray or something opening a door and saying come in youre family or something.

My gut feeling says we get about 10 mins of screen time with the OG's which is a huge mistake.

This is going to be stranger things with proton packs but hopefully it will be a fun novelty but im not expecting greatness. Studios dont really care anymore with all these cash grabs!
Wafflerobot wrote: December 9th, 2019, 7:32 am I'm not sure if we should make a thread to break down the trailer or just do it here? I've been looking through it a little. When Paul Rudd says "There hasn't been a Ghost sighting in 30 years..." you see some weird blob like creature moving around:

and then later it seems that is the same thing they are chasing in the Ecto-1:

Doesn't quite look like Slimer, but I can't really tell. He seems more Blue then green to me
It looks like Nunzio Scoleri!
Wafflerobot, pizzarat, back and 1 others liked this
By Coover5
I never liked the idea of an EGB movie but this movie has that vibe and I'm loving it. I think that's what shocks me most about the trailer. I didn't expect to be that excited about these characters.
Kingpin liked this
By Lowberg
That's definitely the onion head.
My theory is that Spengler wanted to keep him (maybe for experiments) so he stored him in that ghost trap and hid it under the floorboards so no-one would find him. Hence why the trap was glowing when Paul Rudd was holding it. (Why else would he leave proton packs in the basement but intentionally hide a trap). I found it interesting that the proton pack had no bumper, he must have been in the middle of some modifications :)
Sav C liked this
metallijosh wrote: December 9th, 2019, 7:38 am
Wafflerobot wrote: December 9th, 2019, 7:32 am I'm not sure if we should make a thread to break down the trailer or just do it here? I've been looking through it a little. When Paul Rudd says "There hasn't been a Ghost sighting in 30 years..." you see some weird blob like creature moving around:

Doesn't quite look like Slimer, but I can't really tell. He seems more Blue then green to me
It looks like Nunzio Scoleri!
ha you're right! that would be pretty cool if that's the first ghost they see.

other stuff:

^Symmetrical book stacking. Just like the Philadelphia mass turbulence of 1947.
Last edited by Wafflerobot on December 9th, 2019, 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sav C liked this
By McCrea
Muwarrior21 wrote: December 9th, 2019, 7:37 am the trailer was about what I thought it was going to be.

Looks like all the leaks are true which is kinda .......... meh

I can't believe we didn't get at least a blip of a hard cut of the OG's , shoot even ray or something opening a door and saying come in youre family or something.

My gut feeling says we get about 10 mins of screen time with the OG's which is a huge mistake.

This is going to be stranger things with proton packs but hopefully it will be a fun novelty but im not expecting greatness. Studios dont really care anymore with all these cash grabs!
I think that the leak was basically the trailer.... So much stuff we haven't seen yet
By deadderek
A huge dump of high quality screencaps:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/mighostbust ... 9468931899
back, Sav C liked this
By Gozerhead

It is Slimer, I bet. This is a trailer, and none of anything is 100% done, likely. I can think of several Jurassic World examples where things changed in VFX from the trailer. They are just keeping it close to the vest.
Sav C liked this
By Scum
I have absolutely nothing of value to add to this thread other than the fact that my phone is defiantly gonna do before I leave work. I’ve watched this trailer at least 10 times already.
By back
Well, they aint chasing slimer... Enjoy my Low quality screen caps for those of you who Dont want to toast your data plans lol
I conceded I lost the classroom bet (two pages ago in an hour!) but I definitely do not think this is going to align with the leaks. Grace's character clearly finds that stuff in a secret part of the house that she uses a fire pole to get down to -- pretty sure the leak said it was just sitting in the attic.

I believe the leaked plot (by the way, again, didn't we determine it was a guess deleted from the comments of a speculation post and reposted as a "leak"?) also said Coon fills Grace in on the grandfather, which we know from the Vanity Fair article is not the case. The trailer confirms the Ghostbusters were a thing from 30 years ago and not a national, current operation.

And I still don't think it's "show and tell," which is again a very specific thing I don't think kids Grace's age are still doing. I'm guessing they're trying to turn it in as a science project or something.
Kingpin, Sav C liked this

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

EDIT: Accidentally left out a chunk in chapter one[…]