Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By groschopf
Davideverona wrote: December 8th, 2019, 8:44 am
Se sei italiano: diolamadonna, spero che il mio responsabile non sia ancora tornato dalla trasferta.
No, sono americano. Ho cercato di tradurre poiché i residenti di altri paesi sono abbastanza cortesi da parlare inglese qui.

Naaaaah, I'm an American. I tried my best to translate since residents of other countries are courteous enough to speak English here.

Davideverona, Sav C, Dr.D and 1 others liked this
groschopf wrote: December 8th, 2019, 9:03 am I don't think they would, considering the reception Lady Slimer got in ATC. That was a truly unnecessary character.
Yeah, as someone who liked ATC, I never really saw the point of Lady Slimer. I get the Animal House allusions, but seems like an odd usage of it. At least the Slimer model looked pretty great for a CGI enhanced puppet.
groschopf liked this
By groschopf
Ghostytheghost wrote: December 8th, 2019, 9:20 am Yeah, as someone who liked ATC, I never really saw the point of Lady Slimer. I get the Animal House allusions, but seems like an odd usage of it. At least the Slimer model looked pretty great for a CGI enhanced puppet.
Agreed. And to make clear, I'm not trashing ATC, because there were things I liked -- especially the proton streams. I just felt like Lady Slimer was a throw away gag that didn't work. Slimer himself did look pretty good. I just prefer the rubbery look of him from the first film. Reminds me of the first time I saw pepper ghosts in Disney's Haunted Mansion.
By SpaceBallz
Lady slimer was thrown in as a "haha" as a reaction to the gender controversy around the film, and that's all it was. Just like the scene where they were reading internet comments on their youtube video. And the scene calling Rowan a virgin in his mom's basement. And the scene where they shoot the ghost in his ghost balls.

Btw in regards to practical fx in this film: a guy on reddit did say that Slimer is a person in a suit again just like in the originals.
BatDan liked this
By Alphagaia
SpaceBallz wrote: December 8th, 2019, 12:31 pm Lady slimer was thrown in as a "haha" as a reaction to the gender controversy around the film, and that's all it was. Just like the scene where they were reading internet comments on their youtube video. And the scene calling Rowan a virgin in his mom's basement. And the scene where they shoot the ghost in his ghost balls.

Btw in regards to practical fx in this film: a guy on reddit did say that Slimer is a person in a suit again just like in the originals.
This is all false or hearsay. Don't do this.
twmedford23, Kingpin liked this
pizzarat wrote: December 8th, 2019, 1:01 pm Don't do what? This is a spoilers forum, and almost all the new information so far has been technically "hearsay". Come on.
I think hes referring to the stuff about Feigbusters. Disspite facts and evidence Alpha has always defended the film from day one.
More power to him I say. It stands up for what he likes in a world of haters.
Alphagaia liked this
By pizzarat
Hairy Biker wrote: December 8th, 2019, 1:40 pm
pizzarat wrote: December 8th, 2019, 1:01 pm Don't do what? This is a spoilers forum, and almost all the new information so far has been technically "hearsay". Come on.
I think hes referring to the stuff about Feigbusters. Disspite facts and evidence Alpha has always defended the film from day one.
More power to him I say. It stands up for what he likes in a world of haters.
I'm talking about people relaying information about the new movie. I saw that same Reddit post about Slimer being an actor.
SpaceBallz liked this
By robbritton
groschopf wrote: December 8th, 2019, 11:28 am
Ghostytheghost wrote: December 8th, 2019, 9:20 am Yeah, as someone who liked ATC, I never really saw the point of Lady Slimer. I get the Animal House allusions, but seems like an odd usage of it. At least the Slimer model looked pretty great for a CGI enhanced puppet.
Agreed. And to make clear, I'm not trashing ATC, because there were things I liked -- especially the proton streams. I just felt like Lady Slimer was a throw away gag that didn't work. Slimer himself did look pretty good. I just prefer the rubbery look of him from the first film. Reminds me of the first time I saw pepper ghosts in Disney's Haunted Mansion.
I like that it gave Robin Shelby a reason to be involved, but yeah - even I, as a die hard lover of ATC, concede Lady Slimer was a pointless sight gag too far. Her and Ozzy are the two things I’ll never argue the toss against!
By Kingpin
Davideverona wrote: December 7th, 2019, 2:04 pmhttps://www.instagram.com/p/B5yHu6TA8zD ... 8yje4in10n

Jason has his brand new nametag. Msybe they created some for the new jumpsuits?
pizzarat wrote: December 7th, 2019, 2:18 pm
Maybe it's just filter, but the red looks all wrong.
Unless there's an epilogue scene either set a few years after this movie, or featuring some form of the business reviving (I'm still of the belief the Ghostbusters are once again out of business), we probably won't be seeing any "new" uniforms, maybe a moldy old one with Ecto-1/in the farmhouse, and potentially a couple of grubby, ill-fitting ones if some surviving Ghostbusters actually take part.

As for the nametag, I bet you the lettering colour is fine, and that it's just blown out by the local lighting and any applied filters.
deadderek, back liked this
By deadderek
Sums me up:

I'm watching both Ghostbusters movies ONE LAST TIME.
2GunsRacing, Sav C, Kingpin liked this
By mrmichaelt
groschopf wrote: December 8th, 2019, 8:16 pm Speaking of time management, DG... you mentioned thinking the trailer might drop at 9am EST. Is that what Sony normally does with trailers?
droidguy1119 wrote: December 8th, 2019, 9:35 pm Yup. Poked around a bit and found this Tweet: https://twitter.com/trailertrack/status ... 31520?s=19

That's where I got the info from. Tweeted at 5:31am PST, they said 30 minutes later, so, 6am PST = 9am EST.
Agreed, I was looking around to see when the first Jumanji Next Level got posted in July. Closest I got was the reddit thread which was posted close to 6 am Pacific/9 am Eastern. Less that 6 hours to go.
Last edited by mrmichaelt on December 9th, 2019, 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]