Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By robbritton
I'd imagine Dan and probably Ernie will be in there for a "chewie, we're home" moment, as mentioned above. The direct sequel thing is important to Sony.

As for Bill, I wouldn’t be surprised if they hold him back for trailer 2 at least. They know there's column inches in announcing him specifically, so.
EddieSpenser, Sav C liked this
By deadderek
So for those like myself who prefer a high resolution version of the new poster, here ya go:

https://i.ibb.co/Vpq6dz0/9xx19q0pj4341.jpg

I am absolutely getting it printed out as a poster now!
Wafflerobot, Sav C, back liked this
This is probably a very obvious assumption, but I think after the first minute or so of the trailer establishing the new cast as well as the setting and tone of the film, we'll probably see them rummage through some of Ghostbusters old gear (packs, traps, PKE meter etc), with a scene not too dissimilar to this moment in Jurassic World: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mznBkaqGL7k

I would love a "Chewie we're home scene" but I think that if any of the original cast have any presence in the first trailer, it'll be a voice over at the tail end of it. Such as Ray stantz saying a single line that we won't understand the context off until we see the final movie.

Honestly though, I'd be happy with anything they do. Because even though all we've seen are 4 stills from the movie and that awesome poster, I'm getting some good vibes from it all and not just as a Ghostbuster fan.
deadderek, Kingpin, back liked this
By Coover5
Michael Scott wrote: October 8th, 2019, 10:26 pm I did some research today finding out the approximate amount of time that each character was in the first two movies. I’ll explain why below, but here are the stats, give or take a minute.

GB 105 minutes
Peter 74 minutes
Ray 57
Egon 56
Winston 33
Dana 24 (not counting terror dog form)
Louis 17 (ditto)
Walter 9
Janine 8
Gozer/Stay Puft 8
Slimer 3
Lenny 3

GB2 108 minutes
Peter 59 minutes
Ray 58
Egon 57
Dana 39
Winston 36
Oscar 24
Louis 14
Janosz 13
Janine 7
Vigo 7 (not counting static painting time)
Jack H 5
Lenny 3

So what’s the point of this exercise? Some of us have been expressing our wishes for how long certain characters will be on screen, and debating major roles vs minor parts vs cameos.

Let’s say Venkman is only in this movie as long as Janine was in each movie for example, 7-8 minutes. Would that feel like a significant role even though he’s not carrying the film (which we know he won’t be)? Would you be bummed if it wasn’t at least 14-16 minutes like Louis had? What if it’s only a scene or two equivalent to the Mayor scenes, about 3-4 minutes?

I’m expecting the new family and Paul Rudd to take the roles that eat up an hour of screen time each, but that leaves plenty on the table for Ray, Winston, and Peter to have significant screen time.

I guess my goal is to set expectations that 10-20 minutes in the new movie for an original character isn’t as insignificant as it might sound at first when we compare that to the supporting characters of the first two films.
There's also high demand for the equipment to return. By any chance did you also chart how frequently the trap, pack, pke meter or goggles appear?
Wafflerobot liked this
By Kingpin
back wrote: December 7th, 2019, 9:52 am If anyone wants to clock on what film this Trap is from....
Well, based on what we've seen so far there's a real effort to make the Ghostbusters-specific props look how the props appeared for the first film (which I stress does not mean that Ghostbusters II has suddenly been erased from film canon).
Most notably with the Ecto-1, they've gone for her GB1/1984 appearance. The chair-mounted Proton Pack's thrower is styled after the Super Hero Pack (and one of those leaked production photos showed some of the prop team holding the Super Hero), and the Trap prop is clearly designed to resemble the visual cues present on the first general of Hero Trap props, most notably with the prop featured in the Sedgewick ballroom... Note the black knob on the plate to the right of the resistor, and only two socket head button screws, positioned diagonally from each other:

And one of the Traps from Ghostbusters II (note the silver knob):

It even looks like they've done a bit of extra homework and incorporated some details from this prop into their replica:

A detail I'd be curious to see if they've replicated, are the roughtly 45° chamfers on the aluminium side plates, a detail that which is often missed in prop replicas.
back, Sav C liked this
By back
Kingpin wrote: December 7th, 2019, 10:43 am
back wrote: December 7th, 2019, 9:52 am If anyone wants to clock on what film this Trap is from....
Well, based on what we've seen so far there's a real effort to make the Ghostbusters-specific props look how the props appeared for the first film (which I stress does not mean that Ghostbusters II has suddenly been erased from film canon).
Most notably with the Ecto-1, they've gone for her GB1/1984 appearance. The chair-mounted Proton Pack's thrower is styled after the Super Hero Pack (and one of those leaked production photos showed some of the prop team holding the Super Hero), and the Trap prop is clearly designed to resemble the visual cues present on the first general of Hero Trap props, most notably with the prop featured in the Sedgewick ballroom... Note the black knob on the plate to the right of the resistor, and only two socket head button screws, positioned diagonally from each other:

And one of the Traps from Ghostbusters II (note the silver knob):

It even looks like they've done a bit of extra homework and incorporated some details from this prop into their replica:

A detail I'd be curious to see if they've replicated, are the roughtly 45° chamfers on the aluminium side plates, a detail that which is often missed in prop replicas.
Thank You, Ben! :D
First time I noticed This Red Electrical tape before too....
Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator
Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator
EDIT:
Trap Rudd is holding... the cord is RG59 cable co-axle and the GB1 traps cord is the split loom us prop-builders all know and love.
By pizzarat
I seem to remember seeing a sheet of parchment paper with GB dates that Jason posted. Supposedly . It had 1919, 1920, 1984, 1989, 1991, and 2020 written on it. Does anyone else remember that, or was it some fan thing?
By SpaceBallz
I just figured each trap was a little different since the guys build them in their garage with whatever parts were available.
pizzarat, deadderek liked this
By groschopf
About Winston's Zorro-looking business card... think it's possible that the film hews toward the IDW series continuity, in which Winston gets his law degree?

Perhaps Winston has his own law firm. I can imagine a big city lawyer being useful to spring some kids from jail in a cult town after tearing through the streets on a high-speed pursuit. And he's got experience being wrongfully jailed (twice) on the eve of an epic battle.

Last edited by groschopf on December 7th, 2019, 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpaceBallz liked this
By Sav C
Dr.D wrote:Show of hands...who thinks they'll tear up by the end of those two minutes and twenty eight seconds?
Niagara Falls right here, lol.

Can't wait for this trailer! I'm gonna buy the poster from Walmart--it looks so cool. The trap looks great!
This Post Contains Spoilers
droidguy1119 wrote: December 7th, 2019, 8:13 pm
Hairy Biker wrote: December 7th, 2019, 7:25 pm When they say the trailer drops Monday, what timezone?
Coz if its Monday America that makes it anywhere from Monday night to Tuesday arvo for me.
Early Monday. I think maybe someone said Sony usually pushes live at 9am EST?
EST would be California?
By Coover5
I remember people saying they were taking off work so they could be home to order the Matty PKE meter. Anyone taking off work for the trailer? Personally, I've taken a whole bottle of caffeine pills and super glued a computer monitor to my face so I wouldn't miss it.
back liked this
By deadderek
Not ONCE has it been said GB 2 is being ignored. Calm down people.

My guess would be in the morning which epuld be nice of them. Personally I will be waiting with multiple tabs ready to go for when it goes live. Then of course pouring over frame by frame for clues.

As far as a poster goes I can't wait until an official one comes out, but in the meantime got a local print shop to make me one!

Exciting times people...exciting times.
Kingpin liked this
By deadderek
groschopf wrote: December 7th, 2019, 5:00 pm About Winston's Zorro-looking business card... think it's possible that the film hews toward the IDW series continuity, in which Winston gets his law degree?

Perhaps Winston has his own law firm. I can imagine a big city lawyer being useful to spring some kids from jail in a cult town after tearing through the streets on a high-speed pursuit. And he's got experience being wrongfully jailed (twice) on the eve of an epic battle.

Where was it confirmed to be Winston's biz card?
By groschopf
deadderek wrote: December 7th, 2019, 9:59 pm Where was it confirmed to be Winston's biz card?
It wasn't. If anything, that's likely a letterhead. I just called it a business card in passing since the general theory going around is that it's a logo somehow attached to Winston.

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Good morning everyone! I have a local toy collect[…]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]