Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By JonXCTrack
groschopf wrote:I didn't see the definitive date post, so that's a miss on my part. Still, given the timeline, it doesn't change much.
ShiftyHenry wrote: November 13th, 2019, 1:22 pm I am nearly certain that 7/18-7/19 predates the mine stuff by a lot.
We know photos had leaked online by August 1st. At most, the Reddit "leas" appeared a week and a half before. But it's also possible that whoever "leaked" that version of the story saw something earlier than everyone else.

It's entirely possible that we just missed it -- like when a clear photo of an extra in the Ecto blaster chair was attached to a local Canadian newspaper article that went undiscovered here for a month.

And my other points still stand -- no specifics that you couldn't glean from leaked images, and nothing involving later leaks -- Rudd's jobs, other characters, hell, the now obvious car chase.

It's rumor until confirmed.
A lack of specific information doesn't preclude the reddit post from being real. A film treatment doesn't always get terribly specific. Or perhaps the poster skimmed the actual script and included what he/she could remember.
pizzarat liked this
By ShiftyHenry
droidguy1119 wrote: November 13th, 2019, 2:42 pm Can someone repost this specific theory? Was it the one about people being charged with ghostly energy but the kids figure out how to reverse it?
Here it is...
This Post Contains Spoilers
Scum liked this
By mrmichaelt
Corey91 wrote: November 13th, 2019, 2:05 pm A little update on my possible set visit. They are loading out this week from the loading docks and they are shooting "on location" here in LA. It is weird that they wrapped last month but are now starting more shooting in LA, maybe it doesn't include any of the key players?

I did find it interesting that they said "on location" as the only location in LA that came to mind was firehouse 23...
Likely the start of reshoots.

They used LA a lot besides the firehouse in the 1st movie, they filmed the deleted Fort Detmerring scene interiors on Stage 12 at The Burbank Studios, Dana and Louis' apartments, the apartment hallway, the Biltmore Hotel for the Sedgewick elevator and the Sedgewick corridor, of course John DeCuir's million dollar Temple of Gozer set on Stage 16, and the Los Angeles Public Library for the downstairs stacks scenes.

Or in the second movie, the First Avenue digging, the courthouse interiors, Gracie Mansion was done in Beverly Hills, Oscar on the ledge and Van Horne River of Slime scenes were filmed on Stage 16 at Burbank Studios, and Mink coat scene was filmed outside Biltmore Hotel. I think Armand's was LA, too.

For ATC, they did a day and a half I think at St. Vincent Court in downtown LA to do more equipment testing scenes.

So in theory, it could be interiors and/or exteriors. But since there's probably a smaller chance they'd do exteriors since it'd be harder to replicate Oklahoma in LA, I'd guess some of the interior scenes. Maybe rebuild a set interior from Calgary and redo or add some scenes that take place inside - like the school, the house, farmhouse, or cave, etc.
pizzarat liked this
By JonXCTrack
mrmichaelt wrote:
Corey91 wrote: November 13th, 2019, 2:05 pm A little update on my possible set visit. They are loading out this week from the loading docks and they are shooting "on location" here in LA. It is weird that they wrapped last month but are now starting more shooting in LA, maybe it doesn't include any of the key players?

I did find it interesting that they said "on location" as the only location in LA that came to mind was firehouse 23...
Likely the start of reshoots.

They used LA a lot besides the firehouse in the 1st movie, they filmed the deleted Fort Detmerring scene interiors on Stage 12 at The Burbank Studios, Dana and Louis' apartments, the apartment hallway, the Biltmore Hotel for the Sedgewick elevator and the Sedgewick corridor, of course John DeCuir's million dollar Temple of Gozer set on Stage 16, and the Los Angeles Public Library for the downstairs stacks scenes.

Or in the second movie, the First Avenue digging, the courthouse interiors, Gracie Mansion was done in Beverly Hills, Oscar on the ledge and Van Horne River of Slime scenes were filmed on Stage 16 at Burbank Studios, and Mink coat scene was filmed outside Biltmore Hotel. I think Armand's was LA, too.

For ATC, they did a day and a half I think at St. Vincent Court in downtown LA to do more equipment testing scenes.

So in theory, it could be interiors and/or exteriors. But since there's probably a smaller chance they'd do exteriors since it'd be harder to replicate Oklahoma in LA, I'd guess some of the interior scenes. Maybe rebuild a set interior from Calgary and redo or add some scenes that take place inside - like the school, the house, farmhouse, or cave, etc.
If any part of the film takes place in NYC, or anywhere else for that matter, the current shoots in LA may be for setting the scene with exterior shots.
By Hairy Biker
ShiftyHenry wrote: November 13th, 2019, 3:42 pm
droidguy1119 wrote: November 13th, 2019, 2:42 pm Can someone repost this specific theory? Was it the one about people being charged with ghostly energy but the kids figure out how to reverse it?
Here it is...

Not going to lie, I'm really ok if this turns out accurate. It's pretty much the GBIII I pictured.
SpaceBallz liked this
Having read that rumored leak again, I’d be happy if that turned out to be what we get, or close to it. At the very least it has lots of OGB involvement.

LA shoots could be new GB offices, not just locations we’ve already seen previously in the first 2 movies.
Dr.D, pizzarat liked this
By MajorGravy
groschopf wrote: November 13th, 2019, 10:55 am Speaking of Ecto-1...

Spotted and shared via Jon Dei Goon in the Facebook Ghostbusters Franchises Worldwide page:

"Cinema near my place just set this up!!"

He's over in Malaysia.

(edit: no word yet one whether or not this display is to promote the new film or Sony in general. It's certainly a familiar angle we're seeing the car from for the purposes of the 2020 film, but we'll see what this is all about)
Oh hey, that's me! I highly doubt this setup was in conjunction with the film. It's part of a large setup with other Sony properties. I did manage to ask the people who were doing the prep on how long it was being worked on for, and they said the proposal reached them around August.

I'll be grabbing more pics when I visit the cinema again soon!
groschopf, Kingpin liked this
By SpaceBallz
Hairy Biker wrote: November 13th, 2019, 7:33 pm Jason Reitman is working in something with Adam Savage.

Ghostbusters/ Mythbusters crossover confirmed!
Did you see Savage's pack and suit? Its abysmal considering his attention to detail.

https://youtu.be/SLMVkgkfX8U
By tylergfoster
Here it is...
Pretty obvious reason not to buy this:

Where are Logan Kim and Celeste O'Connor? Two objectively major roles that merit zero mention in the plot?
groschopf, Kingpin liked this
By Hairy Biker
droidguy1119 wrote: November 13th, 2019, 10:09 pm
Here it is...

Where are Logan Kim and Celeste O'Connor? Two objectively major roles that merit zero mention in the plot?

Are they that major though? We've seen diddly dick to indicate anything more then a small roles. Rudd, Wolfhard, Coons and Grace were constantly seen.

I'm not saying they aren't, just devils advocate here, Milty.
Corey91 liked this
By Theoderic
Hairy Biker wrote: November 13th, 2019, 8:45 pm
SpaceBallz wrote: November 13th, 2019, 8:39 pm

Did you see Savage's pack and suit? Its abysmal considering his attention to detail.

https://youtu.be/SLMVkgkfX8U
He's currently doing a whole new rebuild.

Seriously? I mean.... SERIOUSLY??? NOOOoooooooOOooooo.... - damn, i loved the idea of havin' my pack actually better than Adam's :wink:
2GunsRacing liked this
By tylergfoster
Hairy Biker wrote: November 13th, 2019, 11:21 pm
droidguy1119 wrote: November 13th, 2019, 10:09 pm

Are they that major though? We've seen diddly dick to indicate anything more then a small roles. Rudd, Wolfhard, Coons and Grace were constantly seen.

It seemed like they were on set throughout the entirety of filming based on their Instagrams, no?

Also, I think groschopf mentioned: no mention of a car chase/driving sequence either. Not even a reference!
robbritton liked this
By BatDan
lozbloke wrote: November 14th, 2019, 7:51 am Also no reference in the reddit post of Rudd's character as a seismologist, as mentioned by Ivan
Yeah the set up is Paul Rudd is called into the town to inspect the strange earthquakes the town has been having and picks up a gig as a summer school teacher. All we get in the reddit is “hes a science geek”
tylergfoster, groschopf liked this
By Scum
You guys really think the “plot leak” would go into crazy detail about each character and every scene? Seems more like a rough outline more than a complete plot leak, no?
Corey91 liked this
By timeware
MajorGravy wrote: November 13th, 2019, 6:28 pm Oh hey, that's me! I highly doubt this setup was in conjunction with the film. It's part of a large setup with other Sony properties. I did manage to ask the people who were doing the prep on how long it was being worked on for, and they said the proposal reached them around August.

I'll be grabbing more pics when I visit the cinema again soon!
I hope this is a set up for the new film. What an awesome standee that would make for theatres. That would drum up a lot of interest alone. Especially if they add the theme song and make the sirens work. If Ghostcorps chose to do this they could have add a qr code to the display that would automaticly upload the pics to their website.
Last edited by Kingpin on November 14th, 2019, 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed quoted text
What if one of the angles of the theme of forgiveness is something like this:

In the original film we learn that the apartment building was built by Ivo Shandor who did rituals on the roof to bring in Gozer, but was seemingly unsuccessful. Perhaps in doing such rituals, he an his followers were able to get the door open a smidge, but not enough for Gozer to fully enter our world.
What if the Ghostbusters entrapping and containing all these ghosts into one central location was part of some prophecy or perhaps just concentrated the energy in a way that Shandor and his designs and rituals just couldn't on their own.
Perhaps between GBII and the new film we learn that Egon and or Ray, with further research, had concluded that perhaps THEY were responsible totally for the entire Gozer crossover. Not being positive on that, one of the two or both, does more on hands research leading them to the town of Summerville where they discover the mining company and an entire town obviously influenced by Shandor and the cult of Gozer. Something happens to Egon in the interim. Ray (maybe others) blame themselves or they blame Ray. I dont know, could go any way. But what if those two points is what the forgiveness is all about?
deadderek, Scum liked this
By pizzarat
acherongraves wrote: November 14th, 2019, 8:37 am What if one of the angles of the theme of forgiveness is something like this:

In the original film we learn that the apartment building was built by Ivo Shandor who did rituals on the roof to bring in Gozer, but was seemingly unsuccessful. Perhaps in doing such rituals, he an his followers were able to get the door open a smidge, but not enough for Gozer to fully enter our world.
What if the Ghostbusters entrapping and containing all these ghosts into one central location was part of some prophecy or perhaps just concentrated the energy in a way that Shandor and his designs and rituals just couldn't on their own.
Perhaps between GBII and the new film we learn that Egon and or Ray, with further research, had concluded that perhaps THEY were responsible totally for the entire Gozer crossover. Not being positive on that, one of the two or both, does more on hands research leading them to the town of Summerville where they discover the mining company and an entire town obviously influenced by Shandor and the cult of Gozer. Something happens to Egon in the interim. Ray (maybe others) blame themselves or they blame Ray. I dont know, could go any way. But what if those two points is what the forgiveness is all about?
I'm excited for any canon information on what happened after GB II.
acherongraves, Corey91 liked this
By tylergfoster
Scum wrote: November 14th, 2019, 7:57 am You guys really think the “plot leak” would go into crazy detail about each character and every scene? Seems more like a rough outline more than a complete plot leak, no?
No, I'm saying the two actors in question seem to be fairly relevant based on how long they were on set, but are not mentioned at all and thus would have to serve no functional purpose. Also, if I had heard a plot synopsis or read a script and there was a car chase, I'd definitely note it as it's a new thing for Ghostbusters.
By JonXCTrack
droidguy1119 wrote:
Scum wrote: November 14th, 2019, 7:57 am You guys really think the “plot leak” would go into crazy detail about each character and every scene? Seems more like a rough outline more than a complete plot leak, no?
No, I'm saying the two actors in question seem to be fairly relevant based on how long they were on set, but are not mentioned at all and thus would have to serve no functional purpose. Also, if I had heard a plot synopsis or read a script and there was a car chase, I'd definitely note it as it's a new thing for Ghostbusters.
How often were they on set, filming scenes, though? We honestly have no idea. All we have is Logan Kim's IG account which doesn't give us all that much. Celeste O'Connor has posted even less.
droidguy1119 wrote:
Hairy Biker wrote: November 13th, 2019, 11:21 pm Are they that major though? We've seen diddly dick to indicate anything more then a small roles. Rudd, Wolfhard, Coons and Grace were constantly seen.

It seemed like they were on set throughout the entirety of filming based on their Instagrams, no?

Also, I think groschopf mentioned: no mention of a car chase/driving sequence either. Not even a reference!
That's not true. The Reddit post specifically states that the Ecto-1 and the equipment is modified to make it easier to chase down smaller ghosts.
Corey91, Scum liked this
By groschopf
JonXCTrack wrote: November 14th, 2019, 10:18 am
droidguy1119 wrote:It seemed like they were on set throughout the entirety of filming based on their Instagrams, no?

That's not true. The Reddit post specifically states that the Ecto-1 and the equipment is modified to make it easier to chase down smaller ghosts.

It IS true. Permit me to bore the tits off of everyone by explaining why.

Modifying equipment to chase down smaller ghosts isn't the same actually tearing through the town on a chase, in which property is damaged and it appears they come up against the sheriff. That sounds like a major scene and an opportunity to set up an antagonist in the local law enforcement, who we know has been cast. No mention of that. It sounds similar, but it's not the same. If that person actually had insider knowledge, they would have mentioned a CAR CHASE, not making it easier to chase ghosts.

They reference the Ecto-1 in the "leak", but that's been a safe bet since the teaser trailer last year. You know... the one where someone is obviously tinkering with the equipment in the barn? Not hard to build a talking point around that.

Furthermore, the "leaked" bit keeps calling new people by their acting names, not character names -- "Coon's character," "Grace," "Wolfhard," etc -- but doesn't tell us what they're called in the story. That's a huge tell. So to is the final line of that "leak": "She and Wolfhard's character do something to officially close the portal." Sounds informative until you examine how meaningless that "do something" part is.

Why go to the trouble of violating an NDA and share all of that other information if it can't also tell us stuff only the filmmakers would know? Because they're non-verifiable claims at this point. It sounds plausible based on what we know.

They're claims that can be created based on speculation, knowledge of the franchise and leaked photos, and lack anything specific that can be verified once we know more about the final film. That person obviously didn't know something as fundamental as a first name of a new character.

Skip the "it was an overview"rejoinder argument, because that thing was six paragraphs trying very hard to be specific in non-specific ways. I'm not buying it, and everyone should be skeptical of until something more concrete backs it up. Stop working backward from a conclusion.
robbritton, Kingpin, tylergfoster and 2 others liked this

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]