Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By groschopf
A promo, eh? Well, it's possible. Just seems like a lot of trouble to go through be that exacting when the general public won't know the difference. Find a location that looks similar, drop some electronic props and a sign in it and call it a day.

For reference, here's what a company like Coke did to recreate the firehouse interior in 1989. You can see sorta lockers in one shot, but not faithfully replicated ones. to the right of that, you can see fireman's axes on the wall. A fake firepole anchorded by a decorative base. Green stripes on the walls and random electronic props. A general impression of the firehouse, not an exacting duplicate:

I work with major brands all the time for retail displays, and I have to tell you -- things constantly get dumbed down in the name of budgets. The people at the top want to get paid, not flash around a lot of cash to appeal to most hardcore of fans. The level of exactness here is unusual, especially since it refers to a 35 year old film. It's not impossible, and that's what the new information is pointing toward. Slimer being in the shot does support that hypothesis. But it's still unusual if correct.
Sav C, SpaceBallz, Kingpin and 2 others liked this
By Alphagaia
timeware wrote: November 7th, 2019, 4:56 pm I like docs theory the best. What if one of the Kids just falls asleep in class dreaming that he's a grown up Ghostbuster about to go out on the job? Kind of like the dream sequence from sidekicks?
You do know what dream sequences normally contain in a GBmovie, right?
groschopf, Sav C, SpaceBallz and 1 others liked this
By JonXCTrack
I was just listening to the Gregg Hill Show on 93.7 in Boston, MA on my drive in to work. They interviewed Dan Aykroyd. At the end of the interview Aykroyd was asked if he still hangs out with Bill Murray. Aykroyd said he was just on set with "the Murricane" this fall filming the new Ghostbusters. I realize we had the interview that Murray did for that event in Italy that stated that Murray was going to be in the new movie, but it was nice to get this confirmation.

https://omny.fm/shows/the-greg-hill-sho ... cussing-hi
Alphagaia, RichRyan1507, lozbloke and 5 others liked this
By JonXCTrack
Davideverona wrote:What is the time mark where he speaks about GB20?
I missed the first part of the interview on the way in - around the 20 minute mark he confirms that He, Hudson, Murray, Weaver, and Potts all return.
They also ask him about digital recreation of James Dean, and he brings up the de-aging of Pesci and De Niro for The Irishman. He seems neutral. Hard to tell if he might be holding back a bit because it might happen in this, or if his passiveness suggests there won't be any.

Segment starts at 22:48. For the record, he does actually mention that Murray is returning by name (but he forgets Ernie!): "Murray, Sigourney, Annie Potts."
droidguy1119 wrote: November 8th, 2019, 8:40 am They also ask him about digital recreation of James Dean, and he brings up the de-aging of Pesci and De Niro for The Irishman. He seems neutral. Hard to tell if he might be holding back a bit because it might happen in this, or if his passiveness suggests there won't be any.

Segment starts at 22:48. For the record, he does actually mention that Murray is returning by name (but he forgets Ernie!): "Murray, Sigourney, Annie Potts."
It almost seems like he still wishes that Eddie Murphy did the movie. He always forgets Ernie and talks about how Eddie was supposed to have that role haha.
By deadderek
I agree that the amount of detail in that set is way too detailed if it's for some kind of promo.
groschopf, SpaceBallz liked this
By Kingpin
groschopf wrote: November 8th, 2019, 6:01 am A promo, eh? Well, it's possible. Just seems like a lot of trouble to go through be that exacting when the general public won't know the difference. Find a location that looks similar, drop some electronic props and a sign in it and call it a day.
deadderek wrote: November 8th, 2019, 8:58 am I agree that the amount of detail in that set is way too detailed if it's for some kind of promo.
I agree, which is why I'm skeptical about the poster's sudden assurance it's a promo because it's just a lot of unnecessary effort for a quick 3-4 minute promo: why go with Venkman's office* at all? Why go to the effort to get not one, but two actual historic photographs of LA23, both of which appeared in Ghostbusters, to dress the set? Why bother with matching the chairs, the mini desk lamp, the tripod?

*If we work on the basis that this is a promo, and not something that'll appear in the new film, why not pick something that actually does appear in the new movie? Like the barn? The diner? the farm house?

I mean, just Devil's advocate Miltie: the original poster might be spreading misinformation to cover leaking something he shouldn't. But again, time will tell.
groschopf, robbritton, moviemaker29 and 1 others liked this
By Corey91
So I may be getting an answer to this soon. I work on the lowest totem pole of the industry here in LA. I sometimes get to do set visits which is the absolute best part of my job. I figured being able to visit Ghosbusters 2020 would be impossible since they shot in Canada. After seeing that post yesterday, I have been hounding my boss to see if I can somehow get on that set. He called someone he knew at Sony who didn't really know anything, though he did mention how goofy the name "Rust City" is "Where do they come up with this stuff?" is what he said lol anyway... I went through imdb and listed off the Rigging Gaffers, Best Boys, Grips, and others until he noticed any names. The lighting programmer is a big fan of our products and has used them on countless sets such as the Marvel films and whatnot so he contacted him and we are currently waiting to hear back.

I of course will let you all know what I find out - normally I don't think they would use the same crew, but it seems like there was a mix of Canadian crew as well as LA crew that Jason has worked with on past films so I think few would also be on the LA set.

If this is not a promo and they are shooting and I am able to get on set, I might break down and cry haha

Here's hoping that post/picture is true!!!
Last edited by Corey91 on November 8th, 2019, 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr.D, RichRyan1507, Kingpin and 1 others liked this
By JonXCTrack
Corey91 wrote:So I may be getting an answer to this soon. I work on the lowest totem pull of the industry here in LA. I sometimes get to do set visits which is the absolute best part of my job. I figured being able to visit Ghosbusters 2020 would be impossible since they shot in Canada. After seeing that post yesterday, I have been hounding my boss to see if I can somehow get on that set. He called someone he knew at Sony who didn't really know anything, though he did mention how goofy the name "Rust City" is "Where do they come up with this stuff?" is what he said lol anyway... I went through imdb and listed off the Rigging Gaffers, Best Boys, Grips, and others until he noticed any names. The lighting programmer is a big fan of our products and has used them on countless sets such as the Marvel films and whatnot so he contacted him and we are currently waiting to hear back.

I of course will let you all know what I find out - normally I don't think they would use the same crew, but it seems like there was a mix of Canadian crew as well as LA crew that Jason has worked with on past films so I think few would also be on the LA set.

If this is not a promo and they are shooting and I am able to get on set, I might break down and cry haha

Here's hoping that post/picture is true!!!
Awesome. Hopefully they don't make you sign an NDA.
By Corey91
Awesome. Hopefully they don't make you sign an NDA.

I had to sign a blanket one when I got hired but I never had to during any set visits. When I was on set for Legion season 2, they even let me wander around aimlessly and take pictures (which I was told after I already snuck numerous ones!). I am not going to get my hopes up but if they are shooting in town and I get to go, it might be the highlight of my life as sad as that sounds! lmao
By Kingpin
Hope you get to live out a bit of the dream and get to visit Venkman's office. :)

And a fresh doozie of a thought sprang to mind: The movie? A promotion?

What if it's both?

A set primarily built for the movie, but being loaned for a tie-in promotion, like they did with the set of the Mercado and Papa John's* pizza?

*Pronounced "douchebag".
deadderek, robbritton, Dr.D liked this
Dr.D wrote: November 8th, 2019, 3:58 pm All I keep coming back to in my head is that this entire process has felt like getting on a roller coaster. Now that they wrapped it feels like we are reaching the top of the coaster and at any moment we are gonna feel that momentum just before the drop.

Exhilarating. This is an exciting time.
Indeed. It's just a matter of time now until we get a teaser; either between now and leading up to 2020. ^_^
I saw a picture on the Ghostbusters Incorporated Worldwide Facebook page of Annie on The Talk with bright red Janine hair and black round glasses reminiscent of the ones she wore in GB2. Did anyone happen to catch the interview and if so did she say anything about the movie?
deadderek liked this
By janeb984
Michael Scott wrote: November 8th, 2019, 6:22 pm I saw a picture on the Ghostbusters Incorporated Worldwide Facebook page of Annie on The Talk with bright red Janine hair and black round glasses reminiscent of the ones she wore in GB2. Did anyone happen to catch the interview and if so did she say anything about the movie?
I saw it! It was unfortunately only about Young Sheldon with a brief Disney mention. I am interested in the hair change too. She went grey a couple years ago, saying she gave up dying it because at her age, she wasn't fooling anyone. But something seems to have changed her mind! Lol
Last edited by Kingpin on November 9th, 2019, 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed quoted text
By mrmichaelt
Here's what Aykroyd said on Greg Hill if you're short on time and can't listen

-22:00-22:40
Jason Reitman wrote a beautiful hearfelt script that takes the real DNA from the first two movies and transfers that directly to the, uh, third -- next generation. Hands off the legacy to the new generation of stars and players and actors and, uh, characters and, uh, we've shot our parts. Myself, Murray, Sigourney, and, um, Annie Potts and it was really exciting working with this new idea, new take on the story which, uh, Jason who is really incredible and fine filmmaker came up with so I'm pretty excited.

-22:58-23:14
A great story, a great setting. It's gonna be scary. Thought provoking. It's gonna be very heartfelt. Um, it'll--you'll feel it if you have loved ones you miss and you've lost and want to get back with. It's gonna be evocative.

-24:33-24:37
And of course in this we will recognize him [Harold] in this film in some way. However small.
Scum, SpaceBallz, robbritton liked this
On fb, the radio show has generated another round of posts about Egon being related to the Grace/Wolfhard/Coon family. Thought about it some more, and here's what I just posted over there:

Everyone seems extremely confident that the Grace/Wolfhard/Coon family will be related to Egon, but I remain extremely skeptical. Jason said at Fan Fest that the family doesn't yet know their connection to the events of the 1984 movie, which throws a big wrench into any interpretation that connects them directly to Egon.

• Carrie Coon is 38 years old, which even with leeway would make her too old to be Egon's daughter and too young to be Egon's wife.
• In the picture Jason posted on Day One, she has blonde hair, while Grace and Wolfhard have more Egon-like darker hair. However, this introduces other complications connecting them to Egon.
Possibility 1) The children were adopted after Egon vanished. This is very hard to believe for various reasons. Why didn't someone closer to Egon adopt them? Why would the family history be a secret? How could it even be kept secret from a kid who would be as old as Wolfhard would have to be, minimum, when it happened (if he and his sister are still related, it can only be as long as the age gap between them)?
2) There was a theory about sperm donation. This is the most likely option. However, do sperm donors usually provide enough from one donor to have multiple kids? If this scenario is true then only one of them can be a blood relative unless you can request a second donation from the same donor.

My belief is that it's all a misdirect. Ray will be the one trying to contact Egon, and it will simply dovetail with Wolfhard and Grace wanting to talk to their father.
timeware liked this
By timeware
Coons being married to Egon is unlikely but not farfetched. Ever go for a drive during summer time? How many 60year Olds do you see driving classic cars with young attractive women riding with them? Look at Hugh Hefner before he passed. Hell Egon could have been hiding out under another name for all we know.
Another point didn't Missy marry the villain from Bill and Ted 2? Another repeated point I made earlier was look at the wives of Americas politicians. Again coon's being married to Egon is unlikely but could be possible.
Scum liked this
By timeware
"Stranger things" have happened. In Hollywood real life age, height, weight doesn't really mean anything. Coons could be playing an older woman in her mid to late forties. We don't know how old Egon was before he passed. They could go with Ramis age in real life, we don't even know if Egon is actually dead at all. Were just assuming he is.
deadderek liked this
By philmorgan81
droidguy1119 wrote: November 8th, 2019, 9:26 pm On fb, the radio show has generated another round of posts about Egon being related to the Grace/Wolfhard/Coon family. Thought about it some more, and here's what I just posted over there:

Everyone seems extremely confident that the Grace/Wolfhard/Coon family will be related to Egon, but I remain extremely skeptical. Jason said at Fan Fest that the family doesn't yet know their connection to the events of the 1984 movie, which throws a big wrench into any interpretation that connects them directly to Egon.

• Carrie Coon is 38 years old, which even with leeway would make her too old to be Egon's daughter and too young to be Egon's wife.
• In the picture Jason posted on Day One, she has blonde hair, while Grace and Wolfhard have more Egon-like darker hair. However, this introduces other complications connecting them to Egon.
Possibility 1) The children were adopted after Egon vanished. This is very hard to believe for various reasons. Why didn't someone closer to Egon adopt them? Why would the family history be a secret? How could it even be kept secret from a kid who would be as old as Wolfhard would have to be, minimum, when it happened (if he and his sister are still related, it can only be as long as the age gap between them)?
2) There was a theory about sperm donation. This is the most likely option. However, do sperm donors usually provide enough from one donor to have multiple kids? If this scenario is true then only one of them can be a blood relative unless you can request a second donation from the same donor.

My belief is that it's all a misdirect. Ray will be the one trying to contact Egon, and it will simply dovetail with Wolfhard and Grace wanting to talk to their father.
Well this may not be a popular theory and I think it may have been mentioned, but I don't think it is out of the question for Coon to be Egon's daughter. What if Egon sewed his wild oats way before he ever met Peter and Ray at Columbia University. This is a child that Egon was completely unaware of. Depending on the kind of story they are trying to tell. Hard to the make the call with what we have seen, but say something tragic and unexpected happened to Egon and this event somehow caused a rift among the remaining OGs so they haven't stayed in contact with each other. It could be possible that whatever happened it would be reasonable to believe that weather Egon passed or vanished one way or another he has been gone long enough for his estate to seek Coon out as the only living relative he had. ;)

I am curious about the forgiveness theme. I am sure that the family is going through a lot of things with their lives changing due to the divorce and moving to this new town. These could be hard adjustments for that whole family. So there is a chance that the events will bring the family closer together while at the same time the theme of forgiveness extends to what remains of the original crew reconciling over a tragic loss and working with this family to stop another end of the world event. Sounds pretty awesome to me. Can't wait for the full trailer to give us more clues to go on. :):):)
By timeware
Outside of Real Ghostbusters we don't know a lot about Egon's history. Egon having met someone before Janine could explain why he devoted so much of his life to studying the paranormal if that relationship ended in tragedy. Developing the pke meter could have been his early attempts of contact.
By Davideverona
you'll feel it if you have loved ones you miss and you've lost and want to get back with

I lost my grandfather two years ago and still I need him like oxygen. It will be a nice way to honor him. He always had a good laugh seeing me in full GB attire.
deadderek, Kingpin liked this
By robbritton
I still can’t shake the nagging suspicion that McKenna Grace’s character somehow is Egon! That’d be a connection no one in the family or the GBs would suspect until revealed!
twmedford23 liked this
More than anything, I suppose, why is it important to people that this family is related to Egon if the film's gonna pay tribute to Ramis either way and the old guys are gonna be in it either way? People don't just seem to be speculating based on the look of those characters, they actually seem to want it. It's not egregiously hacky but it is a route that something like Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull took, and I suppose it seems like a very neutral idea to me at best, excitement-wise.

It's a little similar to Ghostbusters (2016) and the sentiment expressed by a huge number of fans that they would have been fine with everything else if Murray, Aykroyd, and Hudson had been playing their original characters passing the torch to the new cast. That's weird -- so it could be the same movie, but this one connection somehow validates the whole enterprise?

At the time, my two biggest reasons for opposing that were: I think it's better to say that these new characters were doing something themselves without it being handed to them or a familial destiny, and that it seemed better for 2016 to be unconnected because it provided more flexibility as to what happened next. I still think the first point is true, and since 2016 wasn't a financial success, not linking it to the original timeline made Ghostbusters 2020 possible.
By Timo
timeware wrote: November 8th, 2019, 11:52 pm Outside of Real Ghostbusters we don't know a lot about Egon's history. Egon having met someone before Janine could explain why he devoted so much of his life to studying the paranormal if that relationship ended in tragedy. Developing the pke meter could have been his early attempts of contact.
This was from five years ago in the mass hysteria arc. Of corse it has nothing to do with the new film, but still fun.

Scum liked this

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]