Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By SpaceBallz
I like blue. About time hostess realizes theres more colors in the slime spectrum than just green.
By robbritton
Corey91 wrote: October 16th, 2019, 3:52 pm
Also with the V sign being a big thing within your young pop stars around 1989.
You mean...the peace sign?
Well yeah, but I thought leaving it ambiguous covered all bases! Like maybe he’s flicking the V’s at someone behind him too! :D
By Kingpin
Muwarrior21 wrote: October 16th, 2019, 1:29 pm really hoping for continuity here and a simple 3 fingers up no ghost logo!!!!!!!!
If the production is smart and goes about it creatively, they'd steer clear of the three-finger fan logo.
deadderek, groschopf, robbritton and 2 others liked this
By Coover5
Kingpin wrote: October 17th, 2019, 1:33 am
Muwarrior21 wrote: October 16th, 2019, 1:29 pm really hoping for continuity here and a simple 3 fingers up no ghost logo!!!!!!!!
If the production is smart and goes about it creatively, they'd steer clear of the three-finger fan logo.
Imagine if Jason not only went with three fingers up but specifically used the steelbook design. :sigh:
By groschopf
I wouldn't be opposed to a three logo for marketing, but using it in a diegetic manner inside the film would be stupid. Keep it simple and go with the classic.

If anything, maybe we'll see an updated version of the primary logo. Brace yourselves for some minimalism.
SpaceBallz liked this
By JonXCTrack
If shooting has wrapped, then we're not far off from a trailer and publicity stills.

I would imagine that we'll get something in December. The new Jumanji (another Sony film) is released in December. Maybe we get a trailer with that movie.

I just hope the trailer doesn't give too much away. Maybe a clip of the kids going into the barn and seeing the old equipment and then pulling the tarp off of the Ecto-1. They ask their mom, "What is all this stuff?" Then she tells them about their grandfather and how he was a Ghostbuster. We get some flashback images as she tells her kids about the events of 1984 and 1989. Something simple like that anyway.
By mrmichaelt
groschopf wrote: October 17th, 2019, 8:12 am I wouldn't be opposed to a three logo for marketing, but using it in a diegetic manner inside the film would be stupid. Keep it simple and go with the classic.

If anything, maybe we'll see an updated version of the primary logo. Brace yourselves for some minimalism.
As long as it's not Mooglie with a white beard holding himself up with a cane.
Dr.D wrote: October 17th, 2019, 10:57 am According to Mr. Steelberg...today is the last day of shooting.

Day 68 of 62
Do IG stories have links? I can't seem to find it for some reason.
groschopf wrote: October 17th, 2019, 8:12 am I wouldn't be opposed to a three logo for marketing, but using it in a diegetic manner inside the film would be stupid. Keep it simple and go with the classic.

Yeah I've always thought it was kind of weird that they had the 2 on their uniforms in the second film. I know it was probably just for marketing but the business itself is just "Ghostbusters" and not "Ghostbusters 2" so it's just kinda odd they made that choice. I would think it was even more weird if there was a 3 on the uniforms in this movie.
groschopf liked this
By deadderek
What if I told you we're not getting "new" uniforms in the movie at all?

2GunsRacing, SpaceBallz, back and 1 others liked this
By deadderek
mrmichaelt wrote: October 17th, 2019, 8:05 pm Bruce Brownstein posted filming has wrapped.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B3vehSxAnvV/
mrmichaelt, groschopf liked this
By SpaceBallz
I dont think we'll be getting new uniforms nor patches. We might see one all dusty in a box or something but theres nothing so far that tells me the GB business is still going.
Kingpin liked this
By deadderek
SpaceBallz wrote: October 18th, 2019, 1:34 am Paul Rudd was on Jimmy Kimmel, Kimmel tried to get GB3 info out of him but Rudd didn't budge lol.
Did he play the Mac & Me clip?
groschopf liked this
By robbritton
StarSpengledBanner82 wrote: October 17th, 2019, 6:04 pm

Yeah I've always thought it was kind of weird that they had the 2 on their uniforms in the second film. I know it was probably just for marketing but the business itself is just "Ghostbusters" and not "Ghostbusters 2" so it's just kinda odd they made that choice. I would think it was even more weird if there was a 3 on the uniforms in this movie.
I said this before, but the peace sign was big in 1989. It's a "we're back and down with the kids, honest" gag as much as it is a "two". It's just that time has diluted memories of the former so subsequent generations see it as confusing.

I guess the modern equivalent would be if the new no-ghost logo was flossing while holding up three fingers! (I'm 41, cut me some slack if we're beyond flossing now! :D )
groschopf, Sav C, Wafflerobot and 1 others liked this

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]