Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By Dr.D
Had a very pleasant thought.

What if, and I know that is a big IF, they are really, really confident in what they're making. Ivan is always so open about how making the original they KNEW they were onto something really special. Maybe they're getting the same kinda "we got something good here" vibes and so they don't feel like they need to tease anything.

A man can dream.
Dr.D wrote:Had a very pleasant thought.

What if, and I know that is a big IF, they are really, really confident in what they're making. Ivan is always so open about how making the original they KNEW they were onto something really special. Maybe they're getting the same kinda "we got something good here" vibes and so they don't feel like they need to tease anything.

A man can dream.
Well that is pretty much my feeling on it. Now that filming has wrapped and now they are starting post production stuff, they could be cutting the best trailer together to get everyone pumped. When it will drop is anyone's guess. :):):)
By deadderek
Davideverona wrote:We should get some official pics soon!!!
Back in August that's what my team was told! :P
Davideverona liked this
By Coover5
I remember buying the Ghostbusters 15th anniversary DVD release like it was yesterday. Crazy to think that's been 20 years. Even crazier to think as we sit here waiting for Ghostbusters 3 we'll have official photos then a trailer then a release then the 15th anniversary edition then the 35th anniversary return to theaters. The waiting is painful but I hope I don't miss a minute of it. Sometimes it feels like all this is moving too fast. Wasn't it yesterday I was a kid in a store checking out the Real Ghostbusters toys?
By philmorgan81
Coover5 wrote: October 13th, 2019, 11:51 pm I remember buying the Ghostbusters 15th anniversary DVD release like it was yesterday. Crazy to think that's been 20 years. Even crazier to think as we sit here waiting for Ghostbusters 3 we'll have official photos then a trailer then a release then the 15th anniversary edition then the 35th anniversary return to theaters. The waiting is painful but I hope I don't miss a minute of it. Sometimes it feels like all this is moving too fast. Wasn't it yesterday I was a kid in a store checking out the Real Ghostbusters toys?
Alphagaia is right. With Hasbro acquiring the Toy rights we all could be re living those memories come next year. :):):)
By deadderek
Coover5 wrote: waiting is painful but I hope I don't miss a minute of it. Sometimes it feels like all this is moving too fast.
Too fast? 31 years between Ghostbusters movies isn't enough for you?

:P
Sav C liked this
By Kingpin
An account of preview footage being exhibited at the Brand Licensing Europe event at the start of October popped up a week or so ago, but I can't speak for the veracity as I wasn't in attendance. I haven't seen any supporting accounts that back up what was posted by SpaceBallz on the 3rd, but it doesn't discredit it either.
deadderek, SpaceBallz liked this
By Davideverona
Well, it wasn't Murray starpower that blocked Sony on greenlighting the previous Ghostbusters 3 iteration, it was Murray veto.

Sad to say, people nowadays aren't flocking to the theatre to see Bill Murray.

Now Sony is free from all the vetos, so they could easily have greenlighted the movie without Bill.
By deadderek
My guess would be the script has a small role for Bill that if needed could be cut entirely with a throwaway line of dialogue.
Davideverona liked this
I wish obsessive Finn Wolfhard fans would stop tagging every picture ever taken of him, GB related or not, with #gb20. It’s getting in the way of me obsessively looking for new information about the movie.
Corey91 liked this
deadderek wrote:
Davideverona wrote:We should get some official pics soon!!!
Imagine how the team waiting for "Cleaning up the town" feel.
RichRyan1507 liked this
By Kingpin
By deadderek
Dr._P_Venkman wrote:
deadderek wrote:
Imagine how the team waiting for "Cleaning up the town" feel.
The official Ghostbusters twitter account told my group back in August we'd get official images "soon."

Since then I've learned it's not run by Eric at Ghost Corps which was surprising tbh, and that he didn't know for sure who sent the message. :/

Hopefully we'll get a nice surprise for Halloween! Even just a nice teaser poster!

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]