By danimal
introducing myself... my middle son is an awesome Down Syndrome kid with a super fascination in everything Ghostbusters, which is great way to relive my own childhood as being one of my all time favorites along with him and the family. Since he will not legally be allowed to drive the streets I figured I'd better make him a cool car to drive him around myself for as long as I can. After two years of searching I found a hearse/combo car within an attainable amount, and am sourcing the parts I need to not only convert the body, but also all the gear to go on/in it.
I'd love any assistance I can get on finding and acquiring super hard items... if any one has any extra/secondary parts they are willing to sell, like blue lightbar pieces, siren, gurney, etc. etc. please let me know. I don't mind piecing together everything and will gladly recondition items. Thanks folks! Can't wait to get this thing rolling...
By BRD 527
Nice Wheels! That car totaly screams pre-ecto 1 :love:
By BRD 527
Just noticed today this car has been listed on ebay :sigh:
By danimal
Yep, I have another Hearse project acquired closer to the correct year for the Ecto build, so this one is up for grabs. I was wrestling with changing up such a complete car towards Ecto and another avenue I was looking at when I got this guy came to fruition. If the person who gets this decides to continue the Ecto route with me I will catalog it here though.
By danimal
I've been accumulating various ecto parts towards the build... I am just fine with finding close enough stuff, but when I do come across very close stuff I am ecstatic as any of us get I'm sure.

Managed to grab this passenger mirror recently.
Last edited by danimal on October 6th, 2019, 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kingpin, BRD 527 liked this
By danimal
Got some recycled tanks from fire department use local to me outta Baltimore... Kinda like the idea better than tracking down a6 tanks.

These guys sell their gear on eBay too, so I can provide a link if anyone is interested.
Ecto-1 fan, back, BRD 527 liked this
By danimal
thanks Doc!

So my next part of the build involves the Propello Ray and the Siren in a combo maneuver. As a Propello Ray has been even harder to find than the car itself this year for me, I adjusted my searches for similar solutions. I was going to go the route another member here had done with a DIY, but in my search for parts I came across a Federal Siren that had a Ray attached to the front, so I snatched it up.
Once here I took the Ray off the front of it, and the back half of the C6B remains as the correct configuration for the roof siren as well.
I will mount the Ray into a 7" light bucket to complete it in the next stage hopefully. For now here it is, taken apart, and the Ray working on its own.

The working Propello Ray part of it... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A6ssC9y7FQ
Ecto-1 fan, Kingpin liked this
By TurboTrey03
Hey man! I saw in another thread you're in Bmore! I'm on the Eastern Shore and I used to live in Canton for a couple of years. How is your build coming along?
By danimal
Hey Trey, yep right near BWI airport... Sorry to all this thread is so far behind, I've been updating in the Ecto FB groups mostly the past year. A lot has changed with the base car, as in the first 61 was sold, I then got a 59 Superior, but then sold that too, because I picked up a 61 Miller Meteor.
Here it is in action...
https://youtu.be/UZ8nPGvgL9M
By danimal
I also got quite a bit of the correct Afterlife gear together for the interior...

Got correct gauges and A-6 tanks together along with some other rack stuff figured out, and sourced a close for now gurney to make the pack rack.

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

Patch 1.8.0/DLC 5 added two more -Bitter Cold: […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]