Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By Kingpin
Wiggyof9 wrote: August 5th, 2019, 3:53 pm So that's all folks. At least they squeezed out the citizen ghost pack.
Not quite, seeing as they are at least considering it... But it doesn't bode well.

A pity, but it's been a good run, much better and much more than what MattyCollector offered, despite the fewer ghosts.
By Glenn Frederick
Could it be the new movie coming out being the reason the line is being put on hold?

The fact that they're "going to take a little time to assess what the future of the figure line will be" makes me believe they're gearing up for possible figures for the new movie but I don't know if Diamond Select has the rights to the new Movie.

Has Diamond Select ever stated that they have the rights to produce a line from the 2020 film?
By Wiggyof9
Imo, if they were just waiting on the movie they would still be making some RGB figures until then.

DST and other companies tend not to out right say a line is canceled unless they lose the license.
By ShiftyHenry
Glenn Frederick wrote:Could it be the new movie coming out being the reason the line is being put on hold?

The fact that they're "going to take a little time to assess what the future of the figure line will be" makes me believe they're gearing up for possible figures for the new movie but I don't know if Diamond Select has the rights to the new Movie.

Has Diamond Select ever stated that they have the rights to produce a line from the 2020 film?
I was able to visit DST a couple weeks ago at SDCC. I asked about the future of the line and the guy said “we’re in negotiations” I asked if it was for GB20 and the guy just smirked and repeated himself. My best guess is that they are waiting to see *what* the movie will be before making any decision regarding going all in on GB20, or proceeding with RGB in 2020.

Also, No one said the line is done for this year yet and that’s all I’m going to say. :-D
Kingpin liked this
By Matt Campbell
Honestly not a fan of the NYCC Stay Puft’s facial expression
By UserNameChris
Diamond Select in a nutshell: so great and yet they always add that little something that ruins it.

Their stuff always looked good to me but I could never get past the weird upper torso thing. It makes every figure look obese and just...off.
ccv66 liked this
By ccv66
Stay Puft looking pretty ugly.. Definitely milking it, but not going to be mad about them putting extra Ghostbusters stuff out. Kinda surprised they're not milking a court room pack too, seems like they have plenty of molded suits to choose from and slap together
By Alex Newborn
Matt Campbell wrote: September 17th, 2019, 6:42 pm Honestly not a fan of the NYCC Stay Puft’s facial expression

I posted a video about the Scared Stay-Puft announcement; someone commented that he had 'bike-saddle mouth' and now I can't see it any other way.

Alex
By Matt Campbell
I seen your video Alex, definitely like the figure you have better. And yes now that they mention it, the NYCC figure does look like it has a bike saddle mouth.
By Peter Venkman Jr.
@cccv66, I am guessing the reason why DST skipped doing the Ghostbusters in their courtroom attire from Ghostbusters II is due to the fact that had issues securing the license for ghost from GB2 apart from Vigo. Other wise, I am sure that we would have seen action figures based on that scene produced. I feel that if the license for the ghosts from GB2 was not an issue, we would have gotten the Ghostbusters in their courtroom attire.
ccv66 liked this
By ccv66
I think if they got the rights to the ghost from Ghostbusters 2 we'd probably wouldn't have gotton the real Ghostbusters in the diorama set. It just seemed like the last possible cash grab before the license runs out.. I prefer having the real Ghostbusters, but getting Tully and the three Ghostbusters in suits with a judge and scoleri Brothers would been cool too.
By Jonobiwan
Has anyone received their RGB figures with the yellow hose detached from the wand?

Curious as to what people have done to re-attach them?
Have you simply just glued it or stuck something inside the hose/tube to re-attach?

I must be one of the unlucky ones, both my Winston and Egon have detached hoses! :(

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, just had a look through the thread and couldn’t find an answer.
By Kingpin
I don't believe any of my RGB figures have suffered this, but a number of my movie ones have. Something I'm going to try do is install a pin where the hose has snapped off, and try glue the hose onto the pin by sliding it onto it.
By Jonobiwan
Kingpin wrote:I don't believe any of my RGB figures have suffered this, but a number of my movie ones have. Something I'm going to try do is install a pin where the hose has snapped off, and try glue the hose onto the pin by sliding it onto it.
I was thinking of doing something similar actually. I just wondered if anyone had done it successfully.
Maybe using the wire from a pipe cleaner would work, then it would still be bendy.
Thanks for the reply Kingpin! 👍🏻
Kingpin liked this
By Alex Newborn

I finally found someone selling their SDCC blue Terror Dog, and at a great price!

Been wanting to do this ever since the set was announced. I always like to get two of any Terror Dog collectible (where feasible).

Alex
By Kingpin
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

The big giveaway whether the Vigo figure is the Toys-R-Us edition, or the full diorama version, is if it has a carboard corner panel:
Diorama

Toys-R-Us
ccv66 liked this
By slaysghosts
UserNameChris wrote: September 17th, 2019, 10:46 pm Diamond Select in a nutshell: so great and yet they always add that little something that ruins it.

Their stuff always looked good to me but I could never get past the weird upper torso thing. It makes every figure look obese and just...off.
With you, passed on everything but the GBII sign, sold off Vigo, couldn't help but try out DST figures for the RGB........Not impressed, upper torso looks terrible.
Excited to see what Hasbro does, if anything, w/ RGB. Maybe in scale w/ my Matty collection too.
By Kingpin
mbd wrote: October 14th, 2019, 9:44 am Any tips for carefully removing the the packs from the RGB figures
In a word? Don't.

I mean, you might be able to gently pop off a head or an arm, but the packs on the DST are not easy to remove, I managed to break the strap on one of the movie figures trying to disconnect the strap assembly. If you don't need to remove them, it might be best to leave them as-is.

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]