Hi Guys,

Newbie here. I'm from London and thinking of spending next Halloween in the U.S. I really want to go to a party as a Ghostbuster and am looking to buy a Spirit Halloween Pack and add a couple of mods (Alice Frame, Ribbon Cable etc.)

My main concern is I don't know how wise it is to check your luggage in with a pack, as I am sure there is potential for it to be mistaken as something sinister, with all the wires and what have you.

Have any of you guys had any experience with this? I am fully expecting the simple solution to be the best one "Just don't risk it"

Thanks guys!
I had this same issue when going to California and I just decided to leave most of my stuff home but if you do bring anything make sure to download pictures with descriptions of everything and have it in your Check-in bag.

If they're suspicious and check your bag there will at least be something for them to know it's a prop.
I highly recommend putting "Prop Replica" on something so they will at least know it's not dangerous!
Last edited by Glenn Frederick on August 23rd, 2019, 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yep, done this a lot when hauling several bins of Star Wars costumes and blasters. Especially since most of the blasters are based on actual firearms - Sterling SMG, AR-15, StG44, etc. Plastic, but scary looking.

Grab several pictures from the movie and paste into a document, add "Plastic Movie Prop Replicas" in fairly large type. Print and tape to the inside lid.
NotSabbat liked this
When I immigrated to California from the UK bringing my scratch built was a must. Got myself a big ol' box, put the old girl in with plenty of packing, and just checked it in as oversized luggage.

On the other side at LAX they abrely batted an eye-lid. One agent stopped and asked what was in the box, and I just blurted out 'Proton Pack'. He looked entirely flummoxed and just waved me on though. :P

Definitely be prepared to explain that it's a move prop replica though, and be prepared for them to want to take a look. When checking in be sure to explain what it is and have them label it however they deem appropriate. If there's electronics REMOVE THE BATTERY. Seriously, that one could get you in trouble.

Other than that, the only issue I had was it coming onto the conveyor with the other luggage, rolling down the ramp thud after thud. I was sure it'd be in pieces but that think was build like brick German outhouse.... New one is much lighter.

Oh and yeah, if it's a heavy one be prepared to pay through the nose!

I ended up grabbing one of the 84 wands just t[…]

Matty PKE Question...URGENT

Depending on the price, it might be worth snatchin[…]

I have a full sized spirit pack, and I have the gh[…]

If you need any clarification at all, PM me or […]