Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
deadderek wrote: August 16th, 2019, 4:04 am I hate when this thread goes off topic...so...much...it...it...it...flames...flames, on the sides of my face, breathing...breathless...heaping breaths... heaping-

So how bout those Mets everyone? What a pitching rotation!

(...that's a thing, right? A pitching rotation? It sounds like something I've heard in movies and TV shows before. I'm not baseball person so hopefully my lack of knowledge didn't ruin the joke)
Sav C liked this
By groschopf
This new iteration of the Ecto-1 is more accurate than the actually prop they used in the film. That car has been inaccurate ever since it was left to rot, had parts pulled off and then got restored with several inaccuracies. This new car, as pointed out, is more faithful to the original look in '84.

They brought back the proper front lightbar bracket, properly painted the equipment rack black and the red and white antennae dome standard white, they have the red-poled tv antennae pointing the right way, the passenger side tube doesn't look green any more, the big red lens has been put back on the rotating light next to the siren and above the front lightbar...

The only noticeable changes to me are the terminus of the blue hoses, a radiological sticker on the tv antennae array, the slightly different proportions of the said array (although it does remind me of the Ectomobile line drawing used in such products as "Ghostbusters Meet the Laser Ghost), the checkered yellow and black tape is missing from the directional dome antennae (which could have just weathered off with time), and the ladder moved to the other side. And we now know why the ladder is on the other side, but it was forgivable before because the suicide doors on the passenger side made sense for simply framing a shot.

Besides all that... it would make sense if modifications would be made to a vehicle in service for a few years. things would change. Parts might get upgraded or swapped out. Additions get tacked on or configurations change for ease of use or even visibility (having a ladder in blocking your rear passenger view would suck).

Personally, I think the prop people did a fantastic job, and I'm very excited about the new functionality the car has with that new rear door equipment.
back wrote: August 16th, 2019, 4:38 am Sigh... I was worried about all this from the 'Get-Go' :sigh:
Being a SERIOUS Ectomobile nerd I cant stand the INACCURACIES!!!!! I mean, What The F***?! What were they thinking? Did they even See the ORIGINAL movie?!
And then this is when I would love to throw around a bunch of Nouns describing the staff working on the flick. But I wont.
I went for a trip up (been working my ass off) last week, just shook my head and left, seriously... That Ecto is just F***ed. SO...
If thats any indication to where this film is headed in this So-Called "Love Letter to the Fans"... its starting to feel more And more like Im going to be paying $14.50 for a kick in the balls minute by minute.
EDIT: And who will notice the Inaccuracies? The Fans... The Audience its Supposed to be for. My 'Open' mind is Closing :roland:
Your open mind is closing over a rusty version of the Ecto 1? Is that really important? "Ooh the left fender is .03 inches thinner than it should be! The movie is ruined now!"

Maybe wait for the story and characters? I know every fan has his or her "thing" that they care about. But try not to get too hung up on any super detailed inaccuracies. It's been 35 years. Can't we just be happy if the movie is good? Or that they are even making this movie? They could've not even had the Ecto 1 at all and gone with some newer style. We should be thankful for that at least, right?

Sometimes this site can remind of that joke in The Simpsons where a nerd character complains at a Comic Convention Q&A about a trivial mistake in Itchy & Scratchy cartoon. "Uh, in episode 39B itchy plays scratchy's ribs like a Xylophone and at one point produces two notes off a single rib bone. Are we suppose to assume that a single strike of the ribs would produce two seperate tones? Does Scratchy have some sort of magical music producing rib cage?"--I'm probably butchering the joke. But that's the gist.

Edit: the actual quote from the Simpsons episode: "Hi. A question for Miss Bellamy. In episode 2F09 when Itchy plays Scratchy's skeleton like a xylophone, he strikes the same rib twice in succession, yet he produces two clearly different tones. I mean, what are we to believe, that this is some sort of a magic xylophone or something? Boy, I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder."
RichRyan1507, RedSpecial, groschopf and 8 others liked this
back wrote: August 16th, 2019, 4:38 am Sigh... I was worried about all this from the 'Get-Go' :sigh:
Being a SERIOUS Ectomobile nerd I cant stand the INACCURACIES!!!!! I mean, What The F***?! What were they thinking? Did they even See the ORIGINAL movie?!
And then this is when I would love to throw around a bunch of Nouns describing the staff working on the flick. But I wont.
I went for a trip up (been working my ass off) last week, just shook my head and left, seriously... That Ecto is just F***ed. SO...
If thats any indication to where this film is headed in this So-Called "Love Letter to the Fans"... its starting to feel more And more like Im going to be paying $14.50 for a kick in the balls minute by minute.
EDIT: And who will notice the Inaccuracies? The Fans... The Audience its Supposed to be for. My 'Open' mind is Closing :roland:
If any cast/crew are reading this forum, I would just like to point out that this guy does NOT speak for all of us. You're all doing a great job :)
RedSpecial, timeware, Alphagaia and 2 others liked this
Yeah back please don't be discouraged by a few inaccuracies. I think it looks pretty good for something that is made to look like the classic car. I sure wouldn't want them to put the real car through the stunts they are putting this one through. I was a bit thrown off by the suicide doors and the ladder being mounted on the opposite side, but like some others have said here. I think it is reasonable to believe that some modifications were made over the years. :):):)
By groschopf
Even the packs, traps, flightsuits and name patches changed between Ghostbusters I and II.

Different ribbon cable, gear box knob, ion arm color and connectors:

Different color side tubes:

Different material:

Different shape and font:

That's stuff that changed in just the span of five years.
By deadderek
According to Ghost Corps we're getting some Jason approved pics REAL soon. :D
Sav C, 2GunsRacing, Wafflerobot and 7 others liked this
RichardLess wrote: August 15th, 2019, 9:21 pmThat old woman still kills me to this day. I've seen Ghostbusters countless times and I still laugh at that old woman's reaction to the terror dog in her apartment hallway like it's the first time I've seen the movie.
Learned the other day that that's the mother of someone I'm friends with on Facebook (for reasons entirely unrelated to Ghostbusters). Out of the blue she posted a story about that scene as trivia in a general tribute to her. Small world.
Davideverona wrote: August 16th, 2019, 1:25 am Calling it now : Carrie Coon, Paul Rudd and Bokeem will be the next team of Ghostbusters.
Personally, I don't think this will assemble a new team, and I don't think adults (newcomers or returning faces) will be doing much busting. Rudd, maybe, since I think the kids are gonna rope him into the action. Maybe mom at a climactic moment. Still, not a traditional "suiting up" kinda thing.
robbritton liked this
droidguy1119 wrote: August 16th, 2019, 1:24 pm
RichardLess wrote: August 15th, 2019, 9:21 pmThat old woman still kills me to this day. I've seen Ghostbusters countless times and I still laugh at that old woman's reaction to the terror dog in her apartment hallway like it's the first time I've seen the movie.
Learned the other day that that's the mother of someone I'm friends with on Facebook (for reasons entirely unrelated to Ghostbusters). Out of the blue she posted a story about that scene as trivia in a general tribute to her. Small world.
Davideverona wrote: August 16th, 2019, 1:25 am Calling it now : Carrie Coon, Paul Rudd and Bokeem will be the next team of Ghostbusters.
Personally, I don't think this will assemble a new team, and I don't think adults (newcomers or returning faces) will be doing much busting. Rudd, maybe, since I think the kids are gonna rope him into the action. Maybe mom at a climactic moment. Still, not a traditional "suiting up" kinda thing.
I won’t be disappointed if you are right. I can totally see where you are coming from there, but if we don’t see at least one traditional suit up sequence weather with the new or old crew would be a disservice to a love letter to fans. Well that could be just me. ;).

I can believe that there won’t be a montage in this movie since it was used in the first 2 movies. It may have a different kind of Ghostbusters film, but it will still be GHOSTBUSTERS. I can’t wait to find out more. :):):)
Last edited by Kingpin on August 16th, 2019, 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed quote code
tylergfoster liked this
By Kingpin
back wrote: August 16th, 2019, 4:38 amIf thats any indication to where this film is headed in this So-Called "Love Letter to the Fans"... its starting to feel more And more like Im going to be paying $14.50 for a kick in the balls minute by minute.
I really don't get this... I don't understand what it is about the new Ecto-1 prop that you're losing faith with.
RichRyan1507, Dr.D, robbritton and 1 others liked this
There's something about the Ecto 1 that just makes it seem like the coolest car ever. I love the fins. The white paint and all that cool gear on the roof. Plus that awesome siren sound? Have we ever gotten the full story on how that sound was created and by who? It's just an iconic thing. All the gear and gizmo's on the roof just made my kid mind go crazy imagining what they could be used for. It's just a beautiful design. And like everything else with the movie..it all could've gone so wrong and been so different.

Think about all the last minute changes GB1 had that would've altered it for the worse. The original swat team look of the GB's? The wands/rods and extend out of their sleeve or however it was suppose to work. The helmets? Then the Ecto 1. Which was suppose to have purple lights and be black. Then there's the script. Having Winston Come into the film at the mid way point works so much better. Or imagine if Gozer came out in a business suit? Or if any of the deleted scenes had been kept in? Each of those decisions saved the movie. Sure it might've been good. But a classic? Iconic? Who knows.
I've always maintained that Ivan Reitman never really got the respect or credit he deserved for making Ghostbusters what it is. Sure, we as the fans know and love him. But the people in Hollywood? Those leaked Sony emails still make me made. The disrespect.
seekandannoy liked this
By robbritton
RichardLess wrote: August 16th, 2019, 7:08 pm Plus that awesome siren sound? Have we ever gotten the full story on how that sound was created and by who? It's just an iconic thing.
This at least I can answer! It’s a leopard!

http://usoproject.blogspot.com/2011/02/ ... h.html?m=1

“I made the “Ectomobile” siren sound from a leopard snarl that was edited, pitched and otherwise processed, all in the analog domain. An Ampex AG-440 recorder, ¼ inch tape, VSO (Variable Speed Operation), a razor blade and an Editall splicing block were the tools.”
groschopf, 2GunsRacing liked this
robbritton wrote: August 17th, 2019, 12:39 am
RichardLess wrote: August 16th, 2019, 7:08 pm Plus that awesome siren sound? Have we ever gotten the full story on how that sound was created and by who? It's just an iconic thing.
This at least I can answer! It’s a leopard!

http://usoproject.blogspot.com/2011/02/ ... h.html?m=1

“I made the “Ectomobile” siren sound from a leopard snarl that was edited, pitched and otherwise processed, all in the analog domain. An Ampex AG-440 recorder, ¼ inch tape, VSO (Variable Speed Operation), a razor blade and an Editall splicing block were the tools.”
So that saying is true after all; Real heroes don't wear capes!!

Thats awesome. Thanks for the link.
robbritton liked this
By deadderek
Wait isn't Ghost Corps themselves who run the official Twitter account for Ghostbusters?

Because the official account sent us a message saying otherwise.
By deadderek
Well let me rephrase. Acccording to the message the official Ghostbusters twitter account said to me:

"We’ll be releasing official images cleared by Jason soon."
Davideverona liked this
Proton Props UK

The pack is built - it looks and sounds grea[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]