By GBDRE760
Hey guys, I am currently in the middle of a new build. I wanted to go ahead and make the leap away from my spirit pack and build a full scale pack. Below is a picture of where I am at so far. The spirit pack is on the left and the new pack is on the right. Nothing is glued down or truly put together yet, I just kinda stacked things to get a look at how things where coming out. These are the Tgoacher files. My gun mount is on the printer right now as I type this.
Not really digging how he completely closed the cyclotron, I will be drilling out some BIG holes in the bottom plate of it so the light kit can go directly up through it. Anyone who plans to build a pack and use the GBFans proton gun light kit..... DO NOT print his proton gun unless you know how to take some chunks out of it and remix it before you print or else you will NOT have room for the GBFans proton gun lightboard. His version of the proton gun works best if you are an Arduino guy or you use the Jupitor Electronics kits which really aren't bad to me :-D .....

I am REALLY hoping that this fits the GBFans motherboard. Anyways.... I have my proton gun completely printed. I plan to use the real clippard valve, heatsink, knobs, etc. I don't plan to add a functioning barrel extension. I know a lot of people these days build packs without it and the spirit pack didn't even attempt to simulate it. As I understand, the extension is pretty much a brass bar that is bent and going behind the trigger box and straight to the other side of the proton gun where it has what many thought was a small metal knob but it is really like a fastener of some type for the other end of the brass bar.
Does anyone have any idea as to how to start to make one? I just want that part for the looks, I am not worried about it functioning. Thanks guys.
I was actually curious about that myself, as I’ve recently bought Benofkent’s 84% thrower to replace the one on my Spirit pack.

I once heard someone suggest taking clipping a piece off a wire coat hanger and using that as a stand-in for a lever, but I honestly don’t know how well that’d work since I have yet to try it.
GBDRE760 liked this
CosmoBubba wrote: July 19th, 2019, 8:34 am I was actually curious about that myself, as I’ve recently bought Benofkent’s 84% thrower to replace the one on my Spirit pack.

I once heard someone suggest taking clipping a piece off a wire coat hanger and using that as a stand-in for a lever, but I honestly don’t know how well that’d work since I have yet to try it.
I wonder if something like this would help do the job.
https://www.hobbylobby.com/Crafts-Hobbi ... ds/p/34681
GBDRE760 wrote: August 18th, 2019, 11:01 pm
Tommorris22 wrote: August 4th, 2019, 9:34 pm I made the lever from 1/8” aluminum rod from
Home Depot and ordered some shaft collars on eBay on the cheap.
...<images>
I like this. I think I am going to give that a shot

I've made my lever from the wire hook of an old wooden coar hanger, actually; it looks pretty close to the original (that 1/8” aluminum rod looks a bit too thick imho) pretty sturdy plus at basically not cost at all, since it was actually scrap :)

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]