Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
Wiggyof9 wrote: June 28th, 2019, 1:16 am Everyone collects different things. Thats why there are different types if collectibles. Saying one collection is better or worse is silly.

I prefer action figures because I like to pose then. Statues can offer better detail, but action figures offer the option of changing poses and adding personality to a display.

Yes, we have seen the bodies of the DST stuff many times now. However, DST at least made 4 different bodies and used those for the same characters. There are difference between the 4 main GB figures, unlike what Mattel did.

As for variants, it all depends on what you want. Some change out their displays. For example, I will have the gray suit GBs with santa hats out during the holidays, but for now they sit in a box. I display the marshmallow mess figures on my NECA street scene as if they just finished with Gozer. If we ever get an in scale ecto 1 they will be displayed near it. The RGB figures are currently in front of the firehouse, where the gray suits will be come november. Its all relative.

I have a lot of variants, but all that does is give me display options. So for the 800 or so dollars spent over the last few 3 or 4 years, I have many different displays that I can switch out. If I spent roughly the same on the new RGB statues, I have just one display option. However, statues are generally accepted by most adults as being appropriate to display. Action figures are still seen as just toys.
Absolutely spot on 100%. Very well-put and that's why I tried to explain my situation and why I made my choices. But we're essentially discussing the merits of two different markets. Or apples and oranges as someone else said.

I'm absolutely not trying to bash action-figure collectors, the community or even DST (well, a little), I'm just in the market for higher quality statues more than amassing a larger collection of action figures, so I want the community to embrace them so we have more products in future ... but this is the DST thread, so I'll stop Walter Peck-ing up the place and let people enjoy their DST discussion.
By AlTheRelic
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: June 27th, 2019, 4:10 am
ccv66 wrote: June 27th, 2019, 4:00 am No one's been perfect with the GB license, DST has some home runs and misses. None should be judged till you see them in person. Even though the Chronicles are better, they all seem a little off. Even the $400 Hollywood collectables aren't quite right. Oddly enough I'm not interested in the original 4, but I would pay $150 for a 10" boogyman, Samhain or peoplebusters statues
I’d certainly buy some ghosts:

Sam Hain
Sandman
Mooglie (Walking down the street pose)
Drool
Janine with overalls and pack (Mr. Sandman)
The Deadly Three / Giant Imp

No chance of that last one but they would look so cool - some of the best designed ghosts in the series.
Drool...Omg!...An obscure character I always added on my RGB ghost dream list. Plus being a born & raised New Yorker that resides in Pennsylvania where this particular episode took place in adds to the charm for me too.
By AlTheRelic
Wiggyof9 wrote: June 28th, 2019, 1:16 am Everyone collects different things. Thats why there are different types if collectibles. Saying one collection is better or worse is silly.

I prefer action figures because I like to pose then. Statues can offer better detail, but action figures offer the option of changing poses and adding personality to a display.

Yes, we have seen the bodies of the DST stuff many times now. However, DST at least made 4 different bodies and used those for the same characters. There are difference between the 4 main GB figures, unlike what Mattel did.

As for variants, it all depends on what you want. Some change out their displays. For example, I will have the gray suit GBs with santa hats out during the holidays, but for now they sit in a box. I display the marshmallow mess figures on my NECA street scene as if they just finished with Gozer. If we ever get an in scale ecto 1 they will be displayed near it. The RGB figures are currently in front of the firehouse, where the gray suits will be come november. Its all relative.

I have a lot of variants, but all that does is give me display options. So for the 800 or so dollars spent over the last few 3 or 4 years, I have many different displays that I can switch out. If I spent roughly the same on the new RGB statues, I have just one display option. However, statues are generally accepted by most adults as being appropriate to display. Action figures are still seen as just toys.
I agree with essentially everything you said Brother but couldn't give a slimer's green slimey as* about what most adults generally accept as being appropriate to display. They can worry about their own lives & let us collectors worry about our lives.
By AlTheRelic
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: June 28th, 2019, 1:22 am

Absolutely spot on 100%. Very well-put and that's why I tried to explain my situation and why I made my choices. But we're essentially discussing the merits of two different markets. Or apples and oranges as someone else said.

I'm absolutely not trying to bash action-figure collectors, the community or even DST (well, a little), I'm just in the market for higher quality statues more than amassing a larger collection of action figures, so I want the community to embrace them so we have more products in future ... but this is the DST thread, so I'll stop Walter Peck-ing up the place and let people enjoy their DST discussion.
I appreciate your quality over quantity approach as a collector. I myself will eventually have to condense my own collection.
By ccv66
What kinda a Christmas tree are you? There's the store display /city hall Xmas tree then there's the Hodge podge family tree with generations of collected and hand made ornaments. City hall tree is visually appealing and elegant, but only takes you 30 seconds to see everything. The family tree is a hot mess but you can look at it all night and still find something new. Id rather be interesting than elegant. I have mass collection overflowing on the roof top scene and even after months I enjoy looking at it. Its Easy to crap on DST. Articulation doesn't make it bad it's more of a preference. Like sushi, either love it or hate it. If you don't like it doesn't make it bad across the board. The dioramas need to brought into play too, I'd prefer having both of them over the Chronicles or blitzway figures. Because of them we got Janosz, Oscar and Janine and may never get those again. They did reuse alot of the molds, but most of those were sdcc or toysrus exclusives and didn't force you to buy to complete the diorama, so I'll give DST a break on that. Now slimer is garbage, and the '84 head sculpts are meh. ( Only gb2 Ray and Winton are good) I know Each figure quality isn't consistent, but Vigo, slime blower Vigo, cab driver, library ghost are outstanding must haves. The RGB packs are excellent the RGB head sculpts are good. Egons neck is whats off and makes it look funky. Definitely could have done better with Ray and his head is too small. Without the success of the DST RGB figures may have not gotten the chronicle statues. Anyways, point being there are things DST could have done better, but they did bring us some gems at affordable prices

Any DST SDCC predictions? I'm assuming they're done in 2020 so no new molds, I'd bet we get a court room and GB2 khaki box sets.
Kingpin liked this
By Stanz35
The new seemingly limited release packs they are putting out now look impressive. The Spectral Busters pack is the stuff of dreams. I have all GBII and RGB figures, Ive been so impressed with their stuff
By wpugh24
I am a bit confused about the Spectral DST release. Is it just a SDCC release or will it be a GameStop exclusive as well?
I was under impression they will be shown and sold at SDCC but thereafter will be at GameSTOP
By Wiggyof9
wpugh24 wrote:I am a bit confused about the Spectral DST release. Is it just a SDCC release or will it be a GameStop exclusive as well?
I was under impression they will be shown and sold at SDCC but thereafter will be at GameSTOP
It seems to be a shared exclusive, but no specifics have been posted that I am aware of.
By Doctor Venkman
Wiggyof9 wrote: July 1st, 2019, 12:08 pm
wpugh24 wrote:I am a bit confused about the Spectral DST release. Is it just a SDCC release or will it be a GameStop exclusive as well?
It seems to be a shared exclusive, but no specifics have been posted that I am aware of.
This is accurate. That's all the info we have right now.

Although... MORE BIG NEWS!

https://ghostbustersnews.com/2019/07/01 ... sgD20axY3o

DST confirms they're working on an Ecto-1!
By ccv66
I know both box sets will be sold at SDCC, but used to seeing a surprise announcement at the show, for a fall release. Even if it's just a a paper mock up. Would have liked to see DST continue the RGB line, but that seems unlikely now.

Edit: ecto 1 would be cool to show off, but I'm assuming it would be 1/18 scale, same as thier Delorean
By wpugh24
I really would want the ECTO-1 from DST to be part of there RGB line more than anything. We really haven't seen much of the like in terms of scale for potential figures that I know of since the EGB and RGB cartoons. We need a RGB ECTO 1 PLEASE!!! :cool:
By Wiggyof9
I think I agree. That would be neat and different than what us already out there. I currently have ecto 1 models so Ill take anything at a decent price.
wpugh24 liked this
By Dr.D
I'd say if you're expecting the Ecto 1 to be in scale to their figure...brace yourselves for disappointment. Whether ya'll wanna accept it or not, doing a scale vehicle of that size would be risky with a huge property like Batman. Making an Ecto in scale to figures in 1/12 scale would be enormous. Gotta think about how much these things cost to produce, which ain't cheap.

My guess would be 1/18 scale Ecto with lights and sounds maybe. Just guessing based on available facts and some conjecture.
By wpugh24
as long as its RGB I don't care what scale its in
maybe the scale of the original line would be a great idea in a similar fashion to Kenner
one can hope
I'd be interested to see the DST Ecto, but again it raises an interesting point about saturation and price point for collectors. So... there have been tons of Ecto-1 models over the years, but recently there are 3x on or heading to market.

Playmobil Ecto 1 & 1A. This is very much on the cheap toy end of the spectrum, and looks as such with inaccuracies and simplifications. Mass-produced and non-metallic. But for the price, it's excellent, particularly the 1A which is under-represented.

On the other end of the spectrum there's Eagle Moss' Ecto-1 subscription model. This is a large, high-spec, intricate, fully metallic build that looks incredibly accurate. Although the first two issues are cheap, it quickly ramps up to costing around $45-50 a month, and will total over $1,000 to complete. Maybe $1500. Obviously you get the magazine and the joy of building it yourself, and the cost is spread over 2-3 years... I really want to subscribe to this but after purchasing the Chronicle figures I think it would spell divorce.

And finally, DST are releasing a new Ecto which will likely fall somewhere between the two, higher detail and price than Playmobil, but likely with sloppy production issues that characterise all DST figures. That's the trade-off.

For any collector, Eagle Moss is the way to go... and I would argue it's worth forgoing the other two "toy" options. But... I can't pump 5-10% of my annual salary into a model Ecto... I don't imagine many of us can.

UPDATE: There are lots of complaints about Eagle Moss' handling of the Delorean model they did, in terms of not sending out parts and charging customers for a dozen or so issues out of the blue. So perhaps the real smart move is just buy the Hot Wheels Elite 1/18. It's smaller, but a fraction of the cost.
Last edited by Chicken, He Clucked on July 6th, 2019, 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
By ccv66
I have DST Delorean, I like it, it's pretty good for the price point. Its a step up from Playmobil but not a huge jump. Something nice but you can still let kids play with it . Definitely a saturated ecto market. Not sure I'd make one right now, wait for GB2020 . . You forgot blitzways ecto.
Just watched the Ghostbusters News review of this set yesterday, and I was really impressed with the detail DST put into all of the figures, the Terror Dog even comes with an alternate set of horns if you are an out of the box collector and want to display the action figures. A few things that Jason did point out in his You Tube video was, each Spectral Ghostbuster has a unique Marshmallow mess pattern on their uniform, the Marshmallow painted sections glow in the dark as do the faces, the No Ghost logo is omitted (due to it not appearing in some animation frames of "Citizen Ghost", other times it is covered in marshmallow goop or not colored in) and both The Proton Packs and Ghost Traps are covered in Marshmallow too (despite not appearing this way in the episode, this was an artistic choice by DST). Additionally Jason did reiterate that this set with be sold at Gamestop after San Diego Comic Con ends.
Kingpin liked this
By mbd
Leolao wrote: July 17th, 2019, 12:22 pm More RGB figures (ghosts) and hopefully Extreme Ghostbusters.

Yes also my wish in both cases

As for an accurate prediction though.....

Hehehehe..........
By Wiggyof9
That was an easy buy for me. Im pitting shelves all over the place just to find places to display all the stuff we have gotten and will be getting.
Kingpin liked this
By featofstrength
Pulled the trigger on the Gamestop set this morning. Recently sold a set of Marvel Legends that covered most of it...took the sting out.

Now to wait for my chance to get that GB Optimus Prime from Hasblow.
Pixel Dan posted this video on You Tube where talks with Zach from DST:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaE-ak6 ... Fhw72LcXU8

I am a little disappointed that apart from the Stay Puft bust, no other Ghostbusters products were shown. Still if the Spectral Ghostbusters set from The Real Ghostbusters sells well enough, maybe will we will see more action figures in the near future. I ordered mine from Gamestop today, and I cannot wait for them to arrive.
Last edited by Peter Venkman Jr. on July 21st, 2019, 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Doctor Venkman
Latest Ask DST had the following:
Steve M.
How likely is it that you’d ever produce figures from Extreme Ghostbusters?

DSTChuck: That is not in the plans at this time. We’ve had a great time with the Ghostbusters and we’re going to take a little time to assess what the future of the figure line will be.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]