Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
Bumblebee was easily the best of the live-action films, thanks to the greater influence by the classic cartoon, and it rebooting the previous Bayformer movies out of existance. It's not 100% perfect, but it was a major step in the right direction.
Kingpin wrote: June 4th, 2019, 6:16 pmBumblebee was easily the best of the live-action films, thanks to the greater influence by the classic cartoon, and it rebooting the previous Bayformer movies out of existance. It's not 100% perfect, but it was a major step in the right direction.
@ *referring to bold*

The influence really shows when watching the beginning of the film; the action really oozes TF1984 and it's very nostalgic to the core.
I guess the next big reveal for TF/GB should be the full #3 regular cover anytime now...

Dan also mentioned to me the other day he's just starting work on #4 and should finish in early July then onto #5.
Kingpin wrote: June 4th, 2019, 6:16 pmBumblebee was easily the best of the live-action films, thanks to the greater influence by the classic cartoon, and it rebooting the previous Bayformer movies out of existance. It's not 100% perfect, but it was a major step in the right direction.
Sure, the scenes on Cybertron were flippin' amazing and they made the main human character likeable and brought something new to the table, but the rest is the same thing over again. But that's me, to each their own.
mrmichaelt wrote: June 10th, 2019, 5:35 pm Burnham confirmed he pitched a GB/Beetlejuice crossover.
https://twitter.com/erikburnham/status/ ... 2076088321

And some lucky bastards that went to Fan Fest got TF/GB #1.
https://twitter.com/erikburnham/status/ ... 5765757953
Beetlejuice? That sounds very fun. Another childhood classic I enjoyed and should make for an interesting story. ^_^
mrmichaelt liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: June 11th, 2019, 12:59 amAnd it's a variant cover? Well, that's going for hundreds on ebay then since I imagine 90% of people are going to scalp them... >_<
That's really cool, I was excited and quite pleased to see it in my Swag Bag, and while I knew I was getting it early I didn't realize it was an exclusive variant cover.
Christof wrote: June 11th, 2019, 9:13 amThat's really cool, I was excited and quite pleased to see it in my Swag Bag, and while I knew I was getting it early I didn't realize it was an exclusive variant cover.
Yeah, I just about to ask but I didn't see a price on the cover. So it was part of a swag bag. And this swag bag cost how much?
I didn't know much about Transformers when this crossover was announced, but I've been trying to educate myself before it begins. I won't win any trivia contest, but I think I'll get the references and enjoy it a lot more now.

I'm way behind on the past comics, still with a lot of reading to do. I'm skipping around a bit, choosing issues that seem to be more self-contained. I read the four one shots released in the 35th anniversary series, and found the prime team's story to the best. I was disappointed to find that RGB's was possibly the weakest. :sigh:

I've been revisiting the first volume recently, and stopped on a line from Peter in The Man Who Holds the Hands of Death. Was his comment to Egon about dead old ladies from Long Island throwing tantrums at him meant to be a reference to his fight with the old woman in The Other Side? I know that series has kind of been swept underneath the rug, but it was the image that popped into my head when he said it.
RiverofMassHysteria wrote: June 15th, 2019, 1:08 am I've been revisiting the first volume recently, and stopped on a line from Peter in The Man Who Holds the Hands of Death. Was his comment to Egon about dead old ladies from Long Island throwing tantrums at him meant to be a reference to his fight with the old woman in The Other Side? I know that series has kind of been swept underneath the rug, but it was the image that popped into my head when he said it.
Nah, he was just making light of the ghost they just trapped. Since they were in a care home on Long Island. Likely a coincidence. The Other Side has never been directly referenced. The furthest back in the IDW comics they've referenced is Displaced Aggression with Koza'Rai and Rachel.
Here's Spook Central's preview for TF/GB #1.

EDIT: And the logline for TF/GB #4 out September 18.
https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUL190692
The Ghostbusters and their Autobot allies search the greater New York City area for the missing ghost of Starscream-and discover something much worse has been drawn to Earth. Can our heroes overcome this evil ectoplasmic entity before it utterly annihilates everything in order to achieve its ends?
Milne cover
https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUL190693
*NormalGamer* liked this
Well that was short and sweet! As a Transformers novice, beyond watching the cartoons as a kid, am I right in thinking
This Post Contains Spoilers
TRANSFORMERS/GHOSTBUSTERS #1

Main story
Easter eggs so far
robbritton wrote:Well that was short and sweet! As a Transformers novice, beyond watching the cartoons as a kid, am I right in thinking
It would appear so.
Last edited by mrmichaelt on June 27th, 2019, 4:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
mrmichaelt wrote: June 26th, 2019, 10:38 pm TRANSFORMERS/GHOSTBUSTERS #1

Main story
Easter eggs so far
robbritton wrote:Well that was short and sweet! As a Transformers novice, beyond watching the cartoons as a kid, am I right in thinking
It would appear so.
mrmichaelt liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: June 27th, 2019, 6:47 am On Ghostheads United, yesterday, Tom Waltz responded to the trend of crossover series with "look for an announcement soon about a non-crossover series..."
https://ghostbusters.fandom.com/wiki/Fi ... 262019.jpg
“Spanky’s Spirit Shenanigans” accidentally sounds hilarious. In all seriousness, I hope this announcement means Ongoing Volume 4. (International was 3)
Ghostytheghost wrote: June 27th, 2019, 7:09 am
mrmichaelt wrote: June 27th, 2019, 6:47 am On Ghostheads United, yesterday, Tom Waltz responded to the trend of crossover series with "look for an announcement soon about a non-crossover series..."
https://ghostbusters.fandom.com/wiki/Fi ... 262019.jpg
“Spanky’s Spirit Shenanigans” accidentally sounds hilarious. In all seriousness, I hope this announcement means Ongoing Volume 4. (International was 3)
@ *referring to bold*

If we're lucky; whatever comes after TF/GB, I await to see the GB lore expanded upon, once more. ^_^
mrmichaelt liked this
*NormalGamer* wrote: June 27th, 2019, 11:33 am
Ghostytheghost wrote: June 27th, 2019, 7:09 am
@ *referring to bold*

If we're lucky; whatever comes after TF/GB, I await to see the GB lore expanded upon, once more. ^_^
I am 100% with you Normalgamer. I have to say again we are living in some amazing times right now. I honestly thought that the 2009 video game was going to be as good as it got and it was amazing. Then IDW started putting out their one shots and the Ongoing comic came out and the rest is history. The comics have really kept my appetite for GB stories sated and I am so thrilled that it is not really showing any signs of slowing down. I am greatful to ATC for bringing in some new fans and fueling the fire of wanting to see more GB stories and heck if not for ATC there would be no point to GB 101 which I just adored and of course Crossing Over. With this new movie coming out God only knows what will follow. I feel like I am 8 years old again and there is just no feeling like it. LOL! :):):)
Erik weighed in on Gozer's Destructor Form rule. So basically, yes, Gozer is locked into one Destructor Form per dimension but once Gozer successfully destroys the intended planet and leaves, should he return to that same dimension but another planet, a new form is chosen.
https://twitter.com/erikburnham/status/ ... 1917477888

Also found one more easter egg

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]