For users in: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, & West Virginia.
By Peterson
Yarddawg77 wrote:I'm in east TN in Bristol. Haven't found anyone on this end whom shares my Ghostbusters craze.
I'm not too far away, in Western NC.

Heh, went to a little Con at an old theater on the VA side a few years back (in Jedi garb though, not GB). I'd never been there before, figured I could take a quicker route home than I took going up. ....let's just say that I've never been happier to see the Elizabethton exit when I finally made my way back! :lol:
By epicjuicebox
I'm an up and comer in the Knoxville area. Just putting together my first serious GB costume, and hoping to have lots of opportunities to wear it - especially since I'm pouring so much time and money into it (as I'm sure some of you can relate). My only planned event on the calendar this year is to attend Dragon Con in Atlanta this September. If anyone else in the area is going, let me know. I'd love to meet up!

This is my first post on these boards, but I've been doing a lot of reading. Consider this my first official 'hello, and nice to meet all of you'!
By StarSpengledBanner82
epicjuicebox wrote:I'm an up and comer in the Knoxville area. Just putting together my first serious GB costume, and hoping to have lots of opportunities to wear it - especially since I'm pouring so much time and money into it (as I'm sure some of you can relate). My only planned event on the calendar this year is to attend Dragon Con in Atlanta this September. If anyone else in the area is going, let me know. I'd love to meet up!

This is my first post on these boards, but I've been doing a lot of reading. Consider this my first official 'hello, and nice to meet all of you'!
Hey man I know this is kind of an old post but I just wanted to let you know I'm also a big GB fan from right here in Knoxville as well. I don't actually "cosplay" per se but I DO have that really awesome Venkman jacket with the pads, patches, and proton pack on the back. I get TONS of compliments on it and have had people offer to buy it right off my back in public before! My best buddy is also a big GB fan as well and we always go to whatever con we can and stuff like that and love meeting other fans. My absolute favorite way to enjoy the franchise is the first 2 seasons of the show. I'm a die hard fan of the first two films as well though. I also really love to collect 80's toys. Just wanted to say that it's nice to meet you.
By StarSpengledBanner82
Yarddawg77 wrote:I have now met up with a few guys in Knoxville now and we formed a group. You may have heard of us. Tennessee Ghostbuster: East Division. Look us up on Facebook.
Cool dude. I will check it out.
By epicjuicebox
Yarddawg77 wrote:I have now met up with a few guys in Knoxville now and we formed a group. You may have heard of us. Tennessee Ghostbuster: East Division. Look us up on Facebook.
I know you better as Josh. Heh.

P.S. - Your mom formed a group on Facebook! ;)
Ecto-3A liked this
By Ecto-3A
epicjuicebox wrote:
I know you better as Josh. Heh.

P.S. - Your mom formed a group on Facebook! ;)

Siqqq burnz!!!
By Xandman99
Necro post....sorry in advance

Im from Johnson city would be cool to meet some others in the state who love the series. I really enjoy building props and I love making and tinkering so this fandom is right up my alley.
By Xandman99
Xavierallen wrote:Heyhey, Kingsport here! Just found and liked the smoky mountain Ghostbusters page. Cheers everyone!

Glad to see im not the only person from the Tri-cities here.
Yarddawg77 liked this
By Xavierallen
Conapalooza is at the meadowview in Kingsport this year and there's a supposed chance to be a part of the Guinness book of world records for most ghostbusters cosplayers......we need to do this!!!!!
By wpugh24
hey there! I live in Cookeville myself. Was planning on coming to an event with the TN GB the next time you guys have an event
By StarSpengledBanner82
wpugh24 wrote: July 24th, 2019, 7:57 pm hey there! I live in Cookeville myself. Was planning on coming to an event with the TN GB the next time you guys have an event
Hey I'm not sure if you know about this or not but actually next Friday at the TN Theater in Knoxville they're doing a special showing of the original film and it's only $9 a ticket. I'm going and can't wait to watch it on the big screen again. If you wanted to do a fun road trip that would be a worth while one unless it's showing somewhere in Nashville as well. It's for the 35th Anniversary.
By wpugh24
only $9 a ticket? hmm that sounds interesting
what site do you purchase at? the tn theatre site?
thanks for the heads up
By Yarddawg77
Yes the Smoky Mountain Ghostbusters will be there, ready to believe you!
8/2 - Historic Tennesse Theater on Gay Street. We will be there for the 1984 Ghostbuster showing. Get your tickets, come hang out and enjoy seeing Stay Puft on the big screen!
By StarSpengledBanner82
wpugh24 wrote: July 26th, 2019, 8:28 pm only $9 a ticket? hmm that sounds interesting
what site do you purchase at? the tn theatre site?
thanks for the heads up
When I went to the TN Theater site to look for the movie it lets you begin the purchasing process by ultimately linking you to Ticketmaster. Then when you buy them you can opt to have them in your phone and avoid Will Call and just pull them up when you get there. I'm curious how many people are gonna be there but the theater seats of 1,600 people but surely they won't sell that many seats. It would be cool to see that many fans there though. I can't wait to drive my white MINI Cooper down Gay St with my super cool Ghostbusters magnets on the side of it. Everybody will wish they could be as cool as me. LOL!
By StarSpengledBanner82
Yarddawg77 wrote: July 26th, 2019, 9:19 pm Yes the Smoky Mountain Ghostbusters will be there, ready to believe you!
8/2 - Historic Tennesse Theater on Gay Street. We will be there for the 1984 Ghostbuster showing. Get your tickets, come hang out and enjoy seeing Stay Puft on the big screen!
There aren't any special things planned for the showing are there? Doors open at 7 but I'm assuming that's just so people can go get their seats. When my buddy watched The Birds there he said some dude came out and played the organ for like 20min and then when it was time for the movie a screen lowered and they just watched it and that was it. When I watched the 30th Anniversary show they didn't do anything special at that theater either but it would be cool if they had some merch or something.
Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he do[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]