Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
mrmichaelt wrote: April 14th, 2019, 8:23 pm
philmorgan81 wrote: April 12th, 2019, 8:08 pm Like the class 99 that exists in the cartoony world of RGB.
I don't know, I felt like that crossed a line even for RGB. I would have preferred something like, "He's just as powerful as Cathulhu!" Stick to Class 1 to 13, y'know?

Yeah, that was one other thing that irked me. Realistically, it probably would've been a Class 5.
mrmichaelt wrote: April 14th, 2019, 8:23 pm
philmorgan81 wrote: April 12th, 2019, 8:08 pm LOL! I think it is going to be really fun to see this crop deal with this kind of entity by themselves. By that I mean an entity that isn't just some Ghost, but a Demon.
Yeah, it's cool to see them settle into the routine of going out on calls and busting ghosts then having to deal with a Class 7 every so often.
philmorgan81 wrote: April 12th, 2019, 8:08 pmI hope I am just reading too much into this, but with the cult being devestated at the fact that the host of their deity is female. Is sexisim going to be a running joke in the ATC world?
Interesting query. Since ATC did lean more towards the modern era and current issues, I think it comes part and parcel. But to be honest, I didn't even think of a sexism component but that's a fair interpretation. I thought they were just following the lore to the "T" and it specified a male vessel.
philmorgan81 wrote: April 12th, 2019, 8:08 pm Like the class 99 that exists in the cartoony world of RGB.
I don't know, I felt like that crossed a line even for RGB. I would have preferred something like, "He's just as powerful as Cathulhu!" Stick to Class 1 to 13, y'know?
philmorgan81 wrote: April 12th, 2019, 8:08 pmstart throwing some serious threats that would really challenge the characters.
They had a serious enough threat with Kruger in the ATC mini-series, imo.
Very excellent point all around there. You are right the Class 99 definately pushed it and I would have much preferred it if they had gone your Cathulu line. I would rather they say an entity is unclassifiable than stick a rediculously high number to it. ;)

Oh yeah Kruger was an excellent threat as a matter of fact he was Absolutly perfect. I may have to read that 5 parter again. I think I would have loved for the GBs to be stuck and to have stayed stuck in their own personal nightmares and then each faced their fears. I know they in essence did that, but I remember them being stuck in their nightmares, but then in the next issue they are regrouping at the coffee shop. Again I may have to read it again. You are right though those five issues did have that element of dread that makes the situation have some weight to it. I also loved the Abby Possesion in the that event. It really had an Extreme Ghostbusters Ghostmakers Vibe to it. You know where the danger sneaks it's way into HQ, I love those stories. ;)

I am sure that once I read the whole book I am sure I will be begging for more adventures set in ATC's world. That just seems to be the way these stories have worked for me. :):):)
GHOSTBUSTERS 35TH ANNIVERSARY ANSWER THE CALL

In Loco Parentis
This Post Contains Spoilers
Easter Eggs so far
mrmichaelt wrote: April 17th, 2019, 5:33 pm GHOSTBUSTERS 35TH ANNIVERSARY ANSWER THE CALL

In Loco Parentis
mrmichaelt liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: April 18th, 2019, 12:03 am First 3 pages from EGB issue.

https://is5-ssl.mzstatic.com/image/thum ... 0x200w.jpg
https://is4-ssl.mzstatic.com/image/thum ... 0x200w.jpg
https://is2-ssl.mzstatic.com/image/thum ... 0x200w.jpg
The third page is the one we pretty much already saw before it was fully colored.
Here we go; our final preview of the GB 35th Anniversary oneshots now featuring the EGBs:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... _tn__=HH-R

Honestly, even though I see them more as a 'played for laughs' kind of thing; the bickering was kinda fun. ^_^

And I notice a Syren poster in the background.
Last edited by *NormalGamer* on April 19th, 2019, 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I think it is pretty cool to see the romantic tension between KYLIE and Eduardo being picked up where it left off. Hard to believe that we haven’t seen that relationship explored since the series ended 22 years ago. ;)

I am so hoping for more EGB stories after this one. Believe me when they originally came out I was not fond of them, but after a few episodes aired mostly after the episode Sonic Youth the show really started to grow on me. I am so glad I stuck with the series or I would have missed out on Back in the Saddle. :):):)
*NormalGamer* liked this
philmorgan81 wrote: April 19th, 2019, 12:38 pm I think it is pretty cool to see the romantic tension between KYLIE and Eduardo being picked up where it left off. Hard to believe that we haven’t seen that relationship explored since the series ended 22 years ago. ;)
As I said, the romantic tension, while fun, is, to me, more of a 'played for laughs' kind of thing; they're mostly a BROTP for me. ^_^
philmorgan81 wrote: April 19th, 2019, 12:38 pm I am so hoping for more EGB stories after this one. Believe me when they originally came out I was not fond of them, but after a few episodes aired mostly after the episode Sonic Youth the show really started to grow on me. I am so glad I stuck with the series or I would have missed out on Back in the Saddle. :):):)
@ *referring to bold*

You mean the episode when Roland :roland: got hypotized by Syren's music? Ah, that was another memorable episode.

And yeah same here; definitely would love to see more stories of the EGB's in the future with some serious solo character development for all four EGB's(mostly for Roland) in addition to more well developed platonic relationships with each of the four of them.

What would be even great, though, is to see those Fil Barlow character rejects get a chance to shine (especially if they're fully developed as original characters), too, for more future story ideas. ^_^
Last edited by *NormalGamer* on April 19th, 2019, 5:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aw yeah. This is the one I've been excited for the most since announcement.

[quote]What would be great, though, is to see those Fil Barlow character rejects get a chance to shine (especially if they're fully developed as original characters), too, for more future story ideas.[/quote]

(The quoting ain't workin' so that's why it looks like that)
Oh I see what ya mean! Given how Tom Waltz and Jim Beard liked the Charlie post, at least I hope she'll have a cameo. Minora's cameo isn't in the ATC one-shot tho, so I might not be accurate on Charlie's potential cameo.
*NormalGamer* liked this
*NormalGamer* wrote: April 19th, 2019, 1:00 pm
philmorgan81 wrote: April 19th, 2019, 12:38 pm I think it is pretty cool to see the romantic tension between KYLIE and Eduardo being picked up where it left off. Hard to believe that we haven’t seen that relationship explored since the series ended 22 years ago. ;)
As I said, the romantic tension, while fun, is, to me, more of a 'played for laughs' kind of thing; they're mostly a BROTP for me. ^_^
philmorgan81 wrote: April 19th, 2019, 12:38 pm I am so hoping for more EGB stories after this one. Believe me when they originally came out I was not fond of them, but after a few episodes aired mostly after the episode Sonic Youth the show really started to grow on me. I am so glad I stuck with the series or I would have missed out on Back in the Saddle. :):):)
@ *referring to bold*

You mean the episode when Roland :roland: got hypotized by Syren's music? Ah, that was another memorable episode.

And yeah same here; definitely would love to see more stories of the EGB's in the future with some serious solo character development for all four EGB's in addition to more well developed platonic relationships with each of the four of them.

What would be even great, though, is to see those Fil Barlow character rejects get a chance to shine (especially if they're fully developed as original characters), too, for more future story ideas. ^_^
Yup that’s the one. Not only is the Banshee and Siren story awesome, but it is the first episode I saw since the pilot where Egon strapped on a pack to help contain the spirits released during the containment breach. That scene just gives me goosebumps. ;)

Oh yeah I would love to see some of those concepts come to life. I even think it would be cool to see some elements of the original EGB concept come to light. Say IDW puts out more EGB comics. What if they did an Arc where Egon somehow disappears into the Netherworld leaving the EGBs with just Janine as a mentor. That opens the door for newer characters to come in to help the EGBs pick up the slack as they try to uncover the mystery of what happened to Egon. All the while Egon is in the Netherworld doing everything he can to survive. I am thinking in the vein of the beginning of Volume 2 of the Prime IDW comic only stretched out a full 20 issues. They can even have Egon seeing that there is some kind of war going on between Demons and Ghosts. I think that was part of the original concept for the show. I think something like that would be fun though. :):):)
*NormalGamer* liked this
philmorgan81 wrote: April 19th, 2019, 3:53 pm Oh yeah I would love to see some of those concepts come to life. I even think it would be cool to see some elements of the original EGB concept come to light. Say IDW puts out more EGB comics. What if they did an Arc where Egon somehow disappears into the Netherworld leaving the EGBs with just Janine as a mentor. That opens the door for newer characters to come in to help the EGBs pick up the slack as they try to uncover the mystery of what happened to Egon. All the while Egon is in the Netherworld doing everything he can to survive. I am thinking in the vein of the beginning of Volume 2 of the Prime IDW comic only stretched out a full 20 issues. They can even have Egon seeing that there is some kind of war going on between Demons and Ghosts. I think that was part of the original concept for the show. I think something like that would be fun though. :):):)
Ideas like these is what I really want to see more of; it would really flesh out what could've been in the 1997 show. ^_^
philmorgan81 liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: April 19th, 2019, 6:14 pm Tom Waltz posted a WIP from TF/GB of Starscream and the GBs.
https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/1119296997129764864

Tom also posted an unlettered page from the EGB comic but if you want to be surprised when you read the comic, don't click.
https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/1119407775308587008
*NormalGamer* liked this
philmorgan81 wrote: April 19th, 2019, 10:21 pm
mrmichaelt wrote: April 19th, 2019, 11:50 pm
philmorgan81 wrote: April 19th, 2019, 10:21 pm
*NormalGamer* liked this
philmorgan81 wrote: April 20th, 2019, 12:03 am
Got so distracted this week, Fritz beat me to posting about the Transformers/Ghostbusters #2 logline being posted on Diamond. :P Set for July 17.
https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/MAY190579
"GHOSTS OF CYBERTRON" Part 2! Okay. So. It seems as though there are giant robots who can disguise themselves as vehicles out there in the universe, and, as it happens, one of them as taken the place of Ecto-1. When the Ghostbusters discover this replacement, they naturally have a lot of questions-and this time, even the boys in gray might not believe the answers!
Wow... so are they really setting a version of Transformers in the Prime dimension instead of a parallel dimension?! I figured Ectotron and Starscream hit some sort of wormhole while traveling through space and crossed dimensions. Either way, Egon is not going to like this, lol. Aliens exist but they are transforming. robots
*NormalGamer* liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: April 20th, 2019, 12:11 am
philmorgan81 wrote: April 20th, 2019, 12:03 am
Be neat if
Okay... the EGB book (I almost called it an episode) is definitely my favorite of the series.

Captured the tone and cadence of the show perfectly. Really landed its dialogue. And it felt appropriately paced -- like it didn't end before it had to just to wrap things up. It really felt like season 2 of the show.

Great job Beard, Dallas, Lattie and Delgado!
mrmichaelt liked this
Ohmigod, this was cool! Writing was on-point, art looked good, and was aware of Kylie and Eduardo's relationship. My only complaint is...
Other than that, this kicked ghost butt in the best form of extremeness.
*NormalGamer* liked this
GHOSTBUSTERS 35TH ANNIVERSARY EXTREME GHOSTBUSTERS

Talking to the Animals
Easter eggs so far
I really enjoyed this issue. It loved how the EGBs grew through the course of their tv series and when they showed up in Get Real and Crossing Over it appeared that they had continued to grow even though we hadn't seen them since 1997. Now seeing the EGBs back in their time and back in their element, this was a nice issue that felt just like an episode of the show. That seems to be the consensus with both the RGB and EGB issues. Hats off great job. The way it ended just really left me excited at the prospect of seeing these characters explored again. Weather in their own series or the next big event, but I get the feeling IDW is not finished with EGB.
philmorgan81 wrote: April 24th, 2019, 9:54 pm The way it ended just really left me excited at the prospect of seeing these characters explored again. Weather in their own series or the next big event, but I get the feeling IDW is not finished with EGB.
Indeed, they're not; even Keith Dallas and Jim Beard (two of the writers of the EGB one-shot) are thinking about it, too, which makes me so excited about the future possibilities of brand new EGB stories to be told. ^_^
mrmichaelt, Christof liked this
Loved nearly everything about this one-shot. The writing was great, Egon and Janine's almost-relationship wasn't ignored, Ed and Kylie got to shine, as did the smarts Ed gets to break out and the ghostly threat was well-handled, both in the story and as part of the story. Tim Lattie's art outside of cover images is very meeeehhhh though.
mrmichaelt liked this
I really liked Kylie's design. Her mouth in the ongoing always sits weird with me, and her features are rounded to make her more child-like.

This version of her is more angular -- much more dramatic, cutting and bold. It works for this... *cough* extreme... iteration of the character.

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Good morning everyone! I have a local toy collect[…]