By robpenfold
Alan Hawkins wrote:I'm 6'1 and 250lbs and wear a 50R. I would like to find a 52L but when I do they are way out of my price range.

My inseam is 34, the 50R is short, I stuff my pants legs into my boots so no biggie there. Other than that, I can get my belly into it.

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks Alan. That helps tremendously. I will post some pictures of my full get-up once I get a new suit.
By robpenfold
Alan Hawkins wrote:I'm 6'1 and 250lbs and wear a 50R. I would like to find a 52L but when I do they are way out of my price range.

My inseam is 34, the 50R is short, I stuff my pants legs into my boots so no biggie there. Other than that, I can get my belly into it.

Hope this is helpful.
Thanks for the help Alan. I managed to find a nomex 50R brand new on the evilbay for $25 plus shipping. Fits pretty damn good. Little long in the leg but I expected that. I'll post a uniform build thread soon (even though the build is done).
By averykess
I'm trying to find a flight suit that fits without too much modifiction to the suit or my body.

I've tried both the XXLT and the XXXL Tru-Spec. They both fit about the same. By tall, they mean arm and leg length. There is no appreciable difference in the distance between the shoulder and crotch. It is just too short on me. Now, I am overweight (and working on that) but it is still a contortionist act to get the suit on. Anyone have an idea for long-waisted people?

I am 6' with 30" inseam and about 300lbs (but no one ever thinks I weigh that much). I am decently muscular, but I carry a some weight in my gut. I am built like those strong man competitors.
By averykess
averykess wrote:I'm trying to find a flight suit that fits without too much modifiction to the suit or my body.

I've tried both the XXLT and the XXXL Tru-Spec. They both fit about the same. By tall, they mean arm and leg length. There is no appreciable difference in the distance between the shoulder and crotch. It is just too short on me. Now, I am overweight (and working on that) but it is still a contortionist act to get the suit on. Anyone have an idea for long-waisted people?

I am 6' with 30" inseam and about 300lbs (but no one ever thinks I weigh that much). I am decently muscular, but I carry a some weight in my gut. I am built like those strong man competitors.
Ok, I haven't been able to source any other suit that is going to work as good as this, so I have decided to have it altered and add a gusset just like a karate gi. I plan on doing it myself, I have a lot of sewing experience.
By mrtwinkie35
I am about 5'11'' and about 350lbs. (working on my weight). I have a gut too. I am looking for the best suit that would fit my body frame. Can anyone give me some advice as to which direction I should go? Thanks.
By ourobouros2k2
I cannot be more pleased with my tru-spec I just got in. I am a big guy, 6-2, 275 and the 3x might be a little too big. Gonna drop another 20 and see if the 2x will be a better fit. I am pretty happy with it though.

Image[/URL]][/img]
By ValeChronotis
Hey guys!

I have been a member on this beautiful forum for a few months now and this is my first ever post! I'm from the United Kingdom and have finally decided that while I'm at university I will go ahead and start working on my very first Ghostbusters flight-suit. I want to go ahead and make an original flight-suit as I love the original film and have already gone ahead and ordered myself a Nomex CWU-27/P suit from America. I have done all the comparisons from stock photos of the original flight-suits with the one I have bought and have found them remarkably alike (which is fantastic). Could you guys take a look at the photos that's provided by the seller and give me your opinions on the suit? I am rather worried that the green patches may be hard to remove? :sigh:

Thank you!

ImageImage
By Kingpin
ValeChronotis wrote:Hey guys!

I have been a member on this beautiful forum for a few months now and this is my first ever post!
Welcome aboard! Always good to have another fellow Brit here :) Whereabouts are you based?

The green round Velcro patches, like the rectangular on where the nametag will sit, should be fairly easy to remove: mostly a matter of picking away the switching that holds them in place.
By WindDrake
First timer myself, slowly assembling the uniform.

I stand 6'10" - 300lbs, 3XL shirts and a 34" inseam.

Guessing that G&B is going to be the only way to go?
By RealGhostbusterJay
I have a question about fit. I have my measurements for the areas the vendor on E-Bay I'm looking to buy from. This will be a Nomex and he has lots of different options. My chest measurement is 43 3/4 my inseam is 30 and my sleeve is 21.5. Do most prefer the suit to fit a little bigger? like a size up or so? I'm somewhat torn on this and would like to hear some feedback before I buy it. The options he has near my size are:

Chest: Leg Inseam: Sleeve
44L 43-44 32 3/4 24 3/4
44R 43-44 30 3/4 23 1/4
44S 43-44 28 3/4 21 3/4
46L 45-46 32 7/8 24 7/8
46R 45-46 30 7/8 23 3/8
46S 45-46 28 7/8 21 7/8
By PssdffJay
I'd go with a 46. These suits do not stretch so if your chest (filled with as much air as you can) is 44 you'll want some room to breathe. The. You only need to know how tall you are to base the S R L on. How tall are you?
By ValeChronotis
Sorry for the late update. It's been VERY busy at university so I haven't had the chance to work on the suit, but I did get a chance to wear it and I still can't get over how perfect it fits me. As I'm 6'3ish... I got rather worried in thinking that the suit would be too small for me but it was quite the opposite... it just fits me like a glove. Carter's Nomex CWU/27P is definitely the way forward for me.

By erock
Bought a TruSpec Large Regular and it fits well except for the legs that are at least a couple inches too long. They go over my heels. I'm 5'10 and 185lbs.. wondering what size CWU I should look into. Thanks
By erock
I would like to be able to do either really.. even with the TruSpec large regular tucked in they are quite baggy still..
By RealGhostbusterJay
So if I'm 44.5 with air in my lungs would I want a 48L or stay at a 46L? This is Nomex so if anyone has thoughts here please post.
By hutto
I ordered a XL Black Rothco on Amazon to dye. My chest is 43. I'm hard to fit because I lift. I'm 5'8. What are the chances this will fit me?
By pyhasanon
hutto wrote:I ordered a XL Black Rothco on Amazon to dye. My chest is 43. I'm hard to fit because I lift. I'm 5'8. What are the chances this will fit me?
I don't know about Rothco sizes, but my chest is 44 and I'm 5'7", and I fit just fine in a L Tru-Spec, so I think an XL will work just fine with you, considering you lift...
By Masterson
Hi all! I’ve been wanting to make a ghostbusters uniform for years. I have a photo op with Ernie Hudson next month and at least get my basic stuff done before the photo op. I have my name patch and insignia already.
I will order belt and elbow pads this week. If I don’t get the tube and some other smaller things done before the op I’ll be ok.
My main concern is the flight suit obviously. I’ve decided to go Tru Spec, as I live in Atlanta and don’t want to get too hot. (Hoping to have it “decked out” by Dragon Con)
I’m 5’4 174 lbs, more torso than legs. 29 inseam. ANY suggestions or help would be much appreciated!
By Marcus B
Masterson wrote:Hi all! I’ve been wanting to make a ghostbusters uniform for years. I have a photo op with Ernie Hudson next month and at least get my basic stuff done before the photo op. I have my name patch and insignia already.
I will order belt and elbow pads this week. If I don’t get the tube and some other smaller things done before the op I’ll be ok.
My main concern is the flight suit obviously. I’ve decided to go Tru Spec, as I live in Atlanta and don’t want to get too hot. (Hoping to have it “decked out” by Dragon Con)
I’m 5’4 174 lbs, more torso than legs. 29 inseam. ANY suggestions or help would be much appreciated!

Your best bet is to look at the truspec size chart (https://www.truspec.com/images/sizing_chart.jpg) and have someone measure you with a soft tape measure. The movie suits fit somewhat loosely so buying a bit too big won't look wrong and may fit you better, torso-wise.
By Masterson
Marcus B wrote:
Masterson wrote:Hi all! I’ve been wanting to make a ghostbusters uniform for years. I have a photo op with Ernie Hudson next month and at least get my basic stuff done before the photo op. I have my name patch and insignia already.

Your best bet is to look at the truspec size chart (https://www.truspec.com/images/sizing_chart.jpg) and have someone measure you with a soft tape measure. The movie suits fit somewhat loosely so buying a bit too big won't look wrong and may fit you better, torso-wise.
Thank you!
Marcus B liked this
By Marcus B
Masterson wrote: Thank you!
No problem, and good luck! I just bought a Nomex (made by Propper) flight suit. I measured myself like 50 times. I bought one size up, and it fits well but it doesn't have the baggy look of the movie's suits. Though, I always felt like Egon / Rays suit weren't that baggy. Peter's suit is baggy, but he also doesn't tuck his legs into the boots so I feel like he's supposed to look a bit sloppy.
Masterson liked this
By Sailerm
Rox and I went with Walls coveralls. They fit well until I gained about 15 pounds. Lol. Though both were bought at the same time the shade between Rox and mine are significantly different but not that yellow color you guys talk about the Rothco's
By GhostbusterMatt
I was looking for a suit on ebay and came across ones made by a company called Propper. Has anyone gotten their flight suit through them? If so, was it worth the price?

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]