Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By JurorNo.2
Doctor Venkman wrote: Like, this documentary has been SO LONG in the process, and then the Kickstarter, and they're still not done... It has just lost a lot of steam for me.
Well yeah, it takes a long time when you don't have Hollywood funding your movie.
Sav C liked this
By castewar
Doctor Venkman wrote:Obviously I will get it when it comes out, and I'm sure it will be amazing. I'm just saying that, at this time, my excitement for this has really tapered off over the 5 or so years it's been in development.
8+. He's been working on this for nearly a decade. So, I'm more impressed by his ability to remain excited for it than you're inability.

From what I've heard, we'll be getting big news at the MCM Comic Con, which I'm assuming is that they've finally sorted out a non-Kickstarter distribution option.
By Doctor Venkman
JurorNo.2 wrote:
Doctor Venkman wrote: Like, this documentary has been SO LONG in the process, and then the Kickstarter, and they're still not done... It has just lost a lot of steam for me.
Well yeah, it takes a long time when you don't have Hollywood funding your movie.
Obviously.
castewar wrote:
Doctor Venkman wrote:Obviously I will get it when it comes out, and I'm sure it will be amazing. I'm just saying that, at this time, my excitement for this has really tapered off over the 5 or so years it's been in development.
8+. He's been working on this for nearly a decade. So, I'm more impressed by his ability to remain excited for it than you're inability.

From what I've heard, we'll be getting big news at the MCM Comic Con, which I'm assuming is that they've finally sorted out a non-Kickstarter distribution option.
Alright take it easy, lol.

I honestly lost count of how long it's been. I'm not criticizing their dedication to the project. It's certainly impressive, noteworthy, and respectable.

I was simply making an observation, not putting down the project in any way. If anything, I was moreso noting that I'm disappointed that my excitement level has tapered off so much for such a great project, simply because it has taken so long.
Sav C, Alphagaia liked this
By RichardLess
I'm most interested in Part 2. How many times do we need to hear the same "making of" stories for GB1? With GB2 we don't have much to go on. No DVD/blu commentary. Just some nuggets of info here and there. The development of part 2 is fascinating. The lack of behind the scenes content hopefully will mean Part 2 has some knew stuff to share.
Sav C liked this
By Sav C
I never get tired of hearing the stories about how the first movie was made, but I agree that the part about GBII is the real draw, for sure. It should be great!
By pferreira1983
RichardLess wrote:I'm most interested in Part 2. How many times do we need to hear the same "making of" stories for GB1? With GB2 we don't have much to go on. No DVD/blu commentary. Just some nuggets of info here and there. The development of part 2 is fascinating. The lack of behind the scenes content hopefully will mean Part 2 has some knew stuff to share.
No comprehensive retrospective documentary has been made yet for the first movie so am happy for both.
Sav C liked this
By RichardLess
pferreira1983 wrote:
RichardLess wrote:I'm most interested in Part 2. How many times do we need to hear the same "making of" stories for GB1? With GB2 we don't have much to go on. No DVD/blu commentary. Just some nuggets of info here and there. The development of part 2 is fascinating. The lack of behind the scenes content hopefully will mean Part 2 has some knew stuff to share.
No comprehensive retrospective documentary has been made yet for the first movie so am happy for both.
Just listen to the DVD commentary or read the many "making of" articles. GB 2 is a far more exciting/dramatic story. The development of GB1 has to be the easiest most painless greenlit story in the history of Hollywood. It's pretty funny. Here's the LITERAL break down.

Ivan Reitman meets with Columbia exec Frank Price
Reitman: Hey Frank, I've got this story called Ghostbusters by Danny Aykroyd.
Price: How much will it cost?(snorts line of cocaine)
Reitman: ummm 30 million should cover it
Price: So long as you get it into theatres for summer '84, deal!(snorts another line of cocaine)
Reitman: sweet!
By Sav C
Yeah, but when Ghostbusters was green lit they only had a treatment. Maybe the green lighting was easy, but they only had eleven months to make the movie from writing the screenplay to distributing it in theaters. I'm sure it was a race against the clock, yet the movie manages to shine in every department! Not to diminish at all from GBII, it's just that both movies really have fascinating production stories!
By mrmichaelt
There's always something new to learn about, even with the first movie. We still only know slivers about the Ghost Smashers script and the first two collaborations Aykroyd-Ramis scripts for example. Considering the Cleanin' team has so much footage, there's a strong chance we'll hear something new. But yeah, early development on GB2 is still kind of a mystery.
mrmichaelt wrote:Almost done with Part 1. Derek Osborn has been working on it as archive material producer, motion graphics editor and co-editor.
I know that guy on the TMNT Technodrome forum. Small world. :-D
New update: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13 ... ts/1906756

The Buenos were able to meet up with Ernie Hudson, Dan Aykroyd, and the Ghostbusters fans attending Collectormania in Birmingham and a Crystal Head Vodka event at Covent Garden.

Part 1 only has 30 minutes of the edit left to add motion graphics to.
Don't know runtime but so far Part 1 will be over 2 hours long and they are nearing picture lock.
After that, some final tweaks, then it's sent it off to J-Mi & Midi-D Productions for the musical polish.
JurorNo.2, Sav C, robbritton liked this
I can't wait for this. The stuff I'm most looking forward to is all the unseen Bill Forsche GB2 behind the scenes footage. He's sitting on a goldmine. I'm just curious though. This documentary has been in various stages of production for, what? 10 years? If not more. I remember that very first teaser from waaaay back in the day. Is all that footage still getting used? Cause it sounds like the filmmakers interviewed the cast & crew various time over the last 10 years. Man..what a marathon independent filmmaking is. You really gotta love what you do. Think about it. Spending 10 years of your life on a project that you aren't even sure was ever going to see the light of day. Takes dedication, blood, some sweat, lots of tears and a pinch of luck.

I'm crossing my fingers, and streams, that this will be the definitive GB documentary. Can't wait!
Sav C liked this
d_osborn wrote:Well let me brighten your day a bit-- CUTT is coming along great! I can't speak on a release date, but the doc itself is looking really, REALLY cool. I seriously can't wait for fans to lay eyes on this thing. :-)
It's still two separate films though isn't it? Will the cartoon series be part of GB II do you think they'll be left out?
By mrmichaelt
d_osborn wrote:Hey man! Yep, two separate documentaries, one per movie. Strictly just the movies, nothing on the cartoon.
I thought it would have gotten a mention in the GB II section. Eh, no biggie.

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]