This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
By Logan Cade
I just finished my Vinz Clortho/Keymaster Helmet. Been collecting parts for a while now. After scouring numerous photos and the movie, I decided 20 gauge wire was the way to go. Used Black, Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Purple, Orange, Brown, White and Gray. I used white split loom over white plastic standoffs for the insulators. #6-32 bolts, 1" to 1.5" for the insulators and 3/4" for the resistors and finished it off with a 20 pin connector from a computer power supply.
It was a lot of fun to build and a lot more work than I thought. There's plenty of room for personal interpretation and it was kinda fun to think like the original guys who made this on figuring out what should go where!
You can check out more pics of the build here: http://www.tacticaltoolsusa.com/ghostbu ... terhelmet/

Last edited by Logan Cade on July 14th, 2019, 5:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Hammer
Logan Cade wrote:I just finished my Vinz Clortho/Keymaster Helmet. Been collecting parts for a while now. After scouring numerous photos and the movie, I decided 20 gauge wire was the way to go. Used Black, Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Purple, Orange, Brown, White and Gray. I used white split loom over white plastic standoffs for the insulators. #6-32 bolts, 1" to 1.5" for the insulators and 3/4" for the resistors and finished it off with a 20 pin connector from a computer power supply.
It was a lot of fun to build and a lot more work than I thought. There's plenty of room for personal interpretation and it was kinda fun to think like the original guys who made this on figuring out what should go where!
You can check out more pics of the build here: http://www.tacticaltoolsusa.com/ghostbu ... terhelmet/

This looks amazing!
Outstanding work! Thank you for sharing what you used I love the split loom idea to beef up the stand offs I have be trying to think of the best means to make those since the ceramic ones are impossible to find and as far as I know no one has posted good measurements to 3d model and print yet of the originals.
By Logan Cade
Thanks for the comments, Guys!
After searching science and surplus stores, bead stores and all the craft outlets, white 1/4"split loom is what I had to settle on. Wish I could of found white 1/4" split-less loom, but no luck.
The chin strap was tough, took years. I ended up having to buy an old vintage Pro-Tec Hockey helmet just to get the strap!
If you happen to find one, you have to lengthen it by sewing on 1/2" white elastic strapping.
By onlyalad19
That looks amazing! I have also been collecting parts for some time and that damn chin strap is ridiculously hard to find. If you happen to come into possession of another chin strap, please let me know. Also, what was the size of the white loom and styrene tubing/rods you used? I'm going to be using your build for reference, so any info you can spare is appreciated.
By Logan Cade
Both the plastic tubes and the split loom are 1/4". Here's a pic of some of the items.
You can see more on the website link I left in the first post.

By Logan Cade
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

I went with stranded 20 gauge wire. The colors I used are once again all listed in my first post.
This guy on Ebay sells an assortment of different colored wires. Just tell him what you need.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/11-HIGH-TEMP-AU ... SwvgdW3Yw7
By Sethward
INCREDIBLE job on your helmet! Where do you find the resistor type pieces that have the electrical connectors on them and those that are horizontal? Thank you!
By Logan Cade
The Black Dale RH-50 Resistors were found here on the GBFans forum or their shop and the Gold CAL-RMC250 25w power resistors were found on Ebay.
The vertical pieces which look like ceramic insulators are just bolts with white plastic standoffs on them covered with white split loom held in place with the nuts and washers.
If you look close at the pictures in the website link in the first post you'll get what I'm saying.
By Far451
Great work on the Helmet. You were the inspiration behind the one I just finished. I used your wire supplier, and a lot of your very meticulous wire layout work from your photos. That likely saved me weeks of frame by frame going blind looking at the film.

I 3D printed the insulators and resistors, and managed to "create" the chin strap. I was outbid on Ebay for the vintage pro-tec strap - it went for over $70! Cheap leather from Tandy, and some leather glue did the trick. About $25

Here is the link to the build: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3072202

Thanks again, great job!
onlyalad19 liked this
By Logan Cade
Hey Far451,

Great job on the helmet and 3D printing the insulators was a fantastic idea! I bet others could use those, you should offer them.
By tophatne1
This helmet is great! Your work and photos helped a ton with making one for myself.
The foam head display looks really good with it as well. Where did you get it?
By Logan Cade
Actually, it’s a resin bust of Emperor Palpatine that I got off Ebay a while back. I started doing some basic shading on it but just haven’t found the time to finish it.
By pseadynamo
Great job on the EEG helmet! I am collecting the supplies and have everything except the chin strap (may go with a generic one) and long interface computer cable bundle ( I can probably make it with a molex connector like yours). Thank you so much for the detail pics those will help enormously I was putting this off for months due to no real idea where all the anchor points were...
By Logan Cade
Drill, grind or cut the heads of the rivets off from the outside and push the rivet through.

By guardianmonkey
Great build! And helping to inspire my own ...

I am now trying to put together a Louis Tully/Keymaster costume for Halloween and am starting to build the helmet. I've got most of the pieces on order but came across an odd thing when shopping for the wires today. I was on the hunt for multiple colors of 20 gauge wire that could work as the various coils and such on the helmet. While at one of my local hobby suppliers, the attendant told I would need *solid core wire* in order for the coils (in particular) to hold their shape. Of course, they only carried solid core in white!

I tried another hobby store and they didn't have what I was looking for. They sent me to hardware stores (like Lowes and Home Depot) but all of their options were far too thick.

So! The question is do I really need the solid core in order to accomplish what I am after? Or are there some other 20 gauge-ish options that would work just as well?
By Logan Cade
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

I used stranded core for all my wiring and and it holds the coil shape just fine. Obviously solid core would hold a shape better but it's not necessary. Not all the wiring is made into coils and you're going to want some flexibility overall in the wiring.

Here's an ebay link where I purchased my wiring.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/11-HIGH-TEMP-A ... SwvgdW3Yw7
By Far451
Logan Cade wrote: August 29th, 2018, 5:03 pm Hey Far451,

Great job on the helmet and 3D printing the insulators was a fantastic idea! I bet others could use those, you should offer them.
I finally did! https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/8828710 ... e_active_1

I also made the tutorial and file available:

I guess you inspired me. :)
files are here:https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4616229
Last edited by Kingpin on October 8th, 2020, 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added YouTube code
Theoderic liked this
By Logan Cade
Outstanding! That's going to be a big help for a lot of people! :crunch:
Far451 liked this

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]