Hiya folks :-) Haven't posted in a long long time....but I've always dug the creations I've seen out there that are showcased on this thread. Wanted to share to this topic a few vehicles from the N.E. Oklahoma team, The Real Oklahoma Ghostbusters

Their vehicle titles have affectionately been dubbed, the Ecto 1E, Ecto S1, and the Ecto 4. They've been incredibly fun, and quite the hit.

:-)

:-)
VonDoom liked this
Boomerjinks wrote:Replicas of replicas... that's the level of creativity this group has come to.
] It's been there for a while after all didn't Ecto Magnums start with Chace's or someone's and just kept growing as a popular ecto conversion car from there?
So I wanted an option question. I am going to get my dad's AMC Gremlin, and I was going to fix it up, but part of me wonders if I should, or could make it to an ecto, a temporary rack and magnets for special occasions?

I guess I'm asking, does anyone think this would work?

for reference...
Rooney the Waster liked this
Boomerjinks wrote:
zeta otaku wrote: like photobucket.
Gaaaah no. That site is so choked these days.

Imgur. Imgur is the way to go.

then the code is [img]url[/img]
Sorry... it just popped in there. Yeah, imgur is better ;)
djsparky wrote:So I wanted an option question. I am going to get my dad's AMC Gremlin, and I was going to fix it up, but part of me wonders if I should, or could make it to an ecto, a temporary rack and magnets for special occasions?

I guess I'm asking, does anyone think this would work?

for reference...
Yes! I would love to see this Ecto-fied!
Since my last attempt at an Ecto conversion seemed popular (My London taxi) and has since fallen victim to a rather severe case of rust, I thought I'd share my latest Ecto project....

Based on a Volvo V50, both the lights and siren work (although the wiring is a temporary set-up made from what I salvaged from the taxi. The siren placement will probably only temporary (until I get the rest of the roofrack built), as it has a tendency to "bump" when driving over 60...

In addition to being the franchise Ecto, this is also my daily driver, which has caused a bit of a stir in the office, even though I've resisted the urge to pull into the car park with the siren on. Primarily because the CEO would probably be rather un-impressed.

MonaLS, zeta otaku liked this
By 33rdparanormal
Boomerjinks wrote:I really don't like suburbans that have been turned into Ectos, how do you guys feel about them? Aside from the fanboyish "it makes sense for real ghostbusters" argument. What do you think about the aesthetics? Could it be because we haven't seen many suburbans or large SUVs converted cleanly?
I just bought a Suburban yesterday with the sole intention of building an Ecto with it. So, I felt like I would answer your question. First off, like you said, in a "real world" environment, it makes sense. Yes, a panel van makes just as much sense, but I find the Suburban to be more appealing to the eyes. But, I have real world experience in dealing with Suburbans as work vehicles as well. The storage capacity of them are amazing and one of the reasons they are so widely used as battalion chief vehicles in the fire service. Where I work, the coroner also has a Suburban. The rear bench is removed, the middle bench is folded down on the drivers side, and a cot catch and bull horns are installed and a cot put in the back in much the same way as an ambulance or a hearse. So building a rack for the packs or actually using a cot is a very easy thing to do. I also find the 1980's Chevy square body very aesthetically pleasing. Not so much a fan of the 90's or newer body styles, but the 80's are sharp in my opinion.

You also made a comment in an earlier post that Streethawk lightbars were goofy looking (or something to that effect). Yeah. We had a Deuce and a Half at the fire department I used to work for that had a Streethawk on it. It looked too tall and goofy even on that massive truck. I have no idea what Federal Signal was thinking when they released that piece of crap.
Last edited by 33rdparanormal on November 24th, 2017, 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Braz
Earlier this year, my 4-year-old got hooked on Ghostbusters. So back in May, I had the idea of having some magnet GB logos made to put on my car when I would take him to the school's Halloween party. Obviously, it escalated quickly to something that would look more like the Ecto-1. Unfortunately, I did not take some pictures of the car alone before I dismantled everything, but you can get an idea of how it turned out, by these pics taken at the school's Trunk or Treat.

Some facts:
- The car wasn't totally set up when I took the pics. I still had to connect the blue hoses on the left side, the control box on the top right side of the car and put on the ECTO-1 license plates.
- I designed the roof rack to look like the original, but adapted to my car and needs.
- The music you hear on the videos is coming from a sound system I installed on top of the roof rack.

VIDEOS (Don't know if there's a way to embed videos here. I tried, but it didn't work):
https://youtu.be/zR8eHhYAro4
https://youtu.be/lV73RXQN_6E

Noremon liked this

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]