Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By Morfeusoneiros
Weird moment on Norwegian children's tv today. First the main character tried to catch a ghost with a net, with Muse playing in the background.
ImageImage He shouted out: "this won't work" and ducked out of the screen.
Then a remix of the GB Theme started, he came back in a jumpsuit and out came the Proton stream. Image
He sucked the ghost closer (why does so many think that's what the proton pack does?) and ended up sucking the ghosts sheet off of it. Image Catchphrase: "I'm a naked ghost".

My kids loved it and since it's my birthday they thought I made it happen, haha [emoji23] [emoji317]

No no-ghost logo, but with the Theme and stream it clearly is a Ghostbusters referance.
By xxbrankxx
In a episode of TMNT, the new TMNT team up with the 80's TMNT. Near the end of the episode when both sets of TMNT are battling, one says "Well that wasn't such a chore now was it?" You can see the episode on Nickelodeon's website - S4 E10 Trans-Dimensional Turtles.
By pyhasanon
Archer Season 6 Episodes 3 - a dark cloud rolled over, and Archer says "should we call the Ghostbusters?"
By Rinji79
Alright this is far from new, but does anyone remember Daffy Duck's Quackbusters? It was a lot of old Looney Tunes episodes put together to tell about how Daffy got a whole lot of money and used it to fight ghosts.

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but its the first thing that came to mind.

Then there's Ghost Harassers from Gravity Falls. There wasn't much on them in the episodes but I just loved the name.
By Travis Burrell
Not sure if someone already mentioned it...

In the last episode of "How I Met Your Mother", right before the LAST AND GREATEST HIGH FIVE EVER scene Barney says.."See you on the other side Ray" then Ted responds.."Nice working with you Dr. Venkman" lol. Then they give a massive high five.

I laughed.
By Rinji79
Travis Burrell wrote:Not sure if someone already mentioned it...

In the last episode of "How I Met Your Mother", right before the LAST AND GREATEST HIGH FIVE EVER scene Barney says.."See you on the other side Ray" then Ted responds.."Nice working with you Dr. Venkman" lol. Then they give a massive high five.

I laughed.
There was also an episode where Marshall was looking for a job. A white ambulance drove by, and he looked up and saw that he was standing in front of THE firehouse. Then Ernie Hudson came up to him, and asked to borrow his phone. Marshall took it as a sign to be a Ghostbuster, but even Ernie Hudson said it was a bad idea. Good stuff! :whatever:
By Doctor Venkman
So the Philadelphia Flyers are about to take on the Washington Capitals in the first round of the NHL playoffs. A couple things here...

- The Flyers have a rookie, named Shayne Gostisbehere. Most often, he is referred to as Ghost, or Ghost Bear, and occasionally as Ghostbuster.

- The Capitals, who have come up short a lot in the playoffs, had this written about them today, with the cover photo:
https://twitter.com/BenRaby31/status/720618107056873472
By Alex Newborn
The second season of the Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is available on Netflix.

To recap for those just joining us, there were GB references in Season 1 to a Winston Zeddemore High being the worst school in New York, and Kimmy went on a date to the Tavern on the Green, calling it 'the Ghostbusters restaurant'. When the guy who had a crush on her saw her there with another man, he slid down the glass window just like Louis Tully.

Currently binge-watching Season 2, I saw an episode earlier where Kimmy and her love interest are whisking tablecloths off of silverware-laden tables in a hotel ballroom. I expected a 'flowers are still standing' reference, but none came.

Then, out of the blue, in episode 9, Kimmy tells her roommate Titus that he must move his Barbie dolls out of the shower so she can bathe, saying her needs are as important as his.

To this, the perpetually self-absorbed Titus laughs and remarks "Women ARE funny. Take that, original Ghostbusters!"

Alex

~~~

PS

Harris Yulin just popped up in the season finale of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. He was the judge in GB2.
By Sav C
Hi everyone,

The No-Ghosts logo appears twice in "Mad Spoofs the '80s." It's a compilation of '80s articles by the magazine.
The logo first appears in "Words and Phrases that Left the English Language during the 80s": "...original screenplay..." and it shows the logo altered to have the ghost aged with a cane on a poster that's reads Ghostbusters XXVI. Mind you that this would've been written right after II came out, so they probably were expecting many more installments (making it even more ironic that this compilation release is coinciding with the first installment since II, even though it's a reboot.)

It appears on the back cover, also altered.
Just got done reading the Ducktales and Darkwing Duck crossover, and the creators seem to have been inspired by Ghostbusters 2. The villains are using what is more or less "mood-slime" A substance fueled by evil energy and affects the personality of whoever come sin contact with it. And can be neutralized by good vibes or become worse by bad vibes.
By Alex Newborn
Alex Newborn wrote:Yesterday I was logging in to AOL and it gave me some intermediate screen asking me to add more info to my account. I had already clicked "Maybe Later" to get to my Mailbox when a detail caught my eye. I tried to hit PrintScreen but it was too late, the page was already changing.

I've now tried to log out and log back in over twenty times but I've never seen the screen again.

It had two people on the right, one was a woman wearing a toboggan cap.

At the bottom, it asked you for a website and had in parentheses something like "Example: yourname@website.com"

Above that, the very last part that caught my eye... it asked for a phone number and said "Example: 555-2368".

Now, that number is not exclusive to Ghostbusters, it could have been a fan's reference to any number of TV shows or movies, but the fact that it was being seen by ME with just a fleeting glance, it felt pretty significant.

If any AOL users are on here, see if you can capture an image of that screen for me next time you see it.

Alex
I finally grabbed one.

And even that "this is important!" eye-grabber brings to mind a line of Venkman's in the courtroom in GB2.

Alex
Sav C liked this
By Alex Newborn
Certainly not new, it's almost as old as possible-- the pic is from 1984 or 1985-- but this felt like the most germane topic to post it in nonetheless...

I visited a site with "20 Behind-the-Scenes Photos That Prove Practical Effects Will Always Be Better" ( http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/165673 ... ys-better/ )
and found this pic.

According to the URL of the pic, it's from the 1985 movie The Stuff, which... full disclosure... I had never heard of until a couple years ago, and have still never seen.

I just liked the idea that special effects wizards were wearing GB shirts while making other movies.

Alex

PS
Apologies if we've already discussed this before. It feels familiar, but when I did a search for "The Stuff" here, the words themselves are so generic that I get a ton of non-related hits.
By ecto1matt
Cool. There is a picture of Stephen King with a GB shirt online somewhere.

I have heard of it and remember the VHS cover in the store for The Stuff. I seen a few pieces of it but not much that I actually remember. Also if you search The Stuff 1985 and you can get the best results.
By Chace
Alex Newborn wrote:Certainly not new, it's almost as old as possible-- the pic is from 1984 or 1985-- but this felt like the most germane topic to post it in nonetheless...

I visited a site with "20 Behind-the-Scenes Photos That Prove Practical Effects Will Always Be Better" ( http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/165673 ... ys-better/ )
and found this pic.

According to the URL of the pic, it's from the 1985 movie The Stuff, which... full disclosure... I had never heard of until a couple years ago, and have still never seen.

I just liked the idea that special effects wizards were wearing GB shirts while making other movies.

Alex

PS
Apologies if we've already discussed this before. It feels familiar, but when I did a search for "The Stuff" here, the words themselves are so generic that I get a ton of non-related hits.
THE STUFF is a GREAT little B movie..and to add some gb relation to that pic...the animatronic is for a character in the film known as Chocolate Chip Charlie, who is played by the great Garrett Morris, who of course was on SNL with Bill and Dan!
By ghoulishfright
I was just watching Class of Nuke 'Em High Part II: Subhumanoid Meltdown (1991), and I spotted a Kenner slime blower in the set dressing:

By Sav C
All three movies are mentioned in the newest installment of Planet Tad in Mad Magazine:
This Post Contains Spoilers
By pferreira1983
Sav C wrote:
This Post Contains Spoilers
Who would dispute Ghostbusters II isn't an American classic? :lol:
Sav C liked this
By JurorNo.2
SpaceBallz wrote:"Answer The Call" had a lot of GB references
It does???!!! :shock:
Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he […]

Hasbro Ghostbusters