By Matt Campbell
Definately jealous!
By dyfea
69428scj wrote: October 3rd, 2015, 3:11 pm Tonight is my favorite night of the year, I get to drive around town with my lights and sirens on, and bust some ghosts!

omg that vid was YOU? ive watched this like 50 times by now lmao
By RealGhostbusterJay
That's gotta be a thrill with the cops behind too and all the lights and siren on. Love to do that someday.
By 69428scj
RealGhostbusterJay wrote: April 25th, 2020, 5:55 am That's gotta be a thrill with the cops behind too and all the lights and siren on. Love to do that someday.
I mean, it's just fun driving around with the lights on period. Here are my latest two videos I've posted. Check em out!

JWils23 liked this
By Kingpin
Yikes.

It won't surprise me if by 2040, most of the owners of any the surviving 1959 Cadillac stock (Ectos included) will be considering taking the Afterlife approach and replacing the stock engines entirely.
dyfea liked this
By 69428scj
It's certainly possible. A conversion from carburetion to EFI will solve the issue I had that day. I may convert it over, but we'll see. I'm not sure I'd even drop an LS engine in the car, now...if I ever got another one, then maybe.
By dyfea
believe me i like the old 390s, and i cant speak for everyone, but i personally will definitly be LS swapping my 62. id rather have an engine with easily modifiable 300hp, easy to maintain, and easy to replace when it DOES break. 50s engines in 50 years will be insanely hard to buy parts for, but LS engines are in every single v8 GM vehicle since 1997 other than some oddball caddys, so they arent goin anywhere soon!!! if you dont care about originality, i cant think of a reason not to swap if youre starting with a really rough ecto!
Kingpin liked this
By Kingpin
dyfea wrote: May 16th, 2020, 4:44 pmif you dont care about originality, i cant think of a reason not to swap if youre starting with a really rough ecto!

Agreed. I respect those folks who wish to preserve the original engine, gutting a vintage assembly would feel like vandalism... That being said though, even the great ocean liners have overhauls, and the day will come where the uncomfortable decision has to be made as to whether the car becomes a stationary museum piece, or if she gets to spend another 50 years on the roads and at events.
By 69428scj
A modern engine and transmission would greatly reduce running costs, that's for sure! Right now, I'm at around minimum $50 in operating costs ANY TIME I take out my car. An LS with a 4L80E would probably reduce that by 40%.
Kingpin liked this
By ccv66
I literally have had 70 year old tractors sitting in a field for years, start better than that. You got spark or carburetor issues. I'd spend a weekend morning pull the spark plugs, see what they look like, do a compression test while your there. Could be a cheap fix. LS swaps are pretty slick on some cars, but I own a '59 mm, don't care what you do to it, its always going be a boat. Being a Ford guy, hurts me to say, hard to beat a Chevy small block. Id do a cheap stock crate motor. You're more parade float than Corvette
By Kingpin
ccv66 wrote: May 17th, 2020, 2:23 amYou're more parade float than Corvette
Oh man, is that true... I've heard more than a few stories about how difficult '59 Cadillacs are to maneuver. :)
ccv66 liked this
By 69428scj
It's no more difficult than driving any other 21' long vehicle. It's just hard to stop and take corners...otherwise it floats, and steers, effortlessly.
By ccv66
IDK, I drive a longer heavier F-650 for work, own lifted diesel truck. It's probably the worst Cornering out of the bunch. Blind spots are pretty bad. Think all the Ecto scenes in the movie they sped up the film . . . Now brakes is where I'd spend the money
By 69428scj
I own an F-350 dually long bed, I can drive that truck with exceptionally more confidence around a corner than the Ecto. The bias ply tires GREATLY contribute to ride quality and handing abilities. Some of the driving scenes are sped up yes. The initial coming out of the firehouse scene, without a doubt. You can see how far the 1A lists while taking the corners, so I don't think they sped up that footage.
ccv66, AJ Quick liked this
By JWils23
Wow, my stomach dropped when I saw these pictures! I can’t imagine how frustrating that must have been to open and see
69428scj liked this
By Matt Campbell
Whoa, bummer!
69428scj liked this
By 69428scj
JWils23 wrote: June 22nd, 2020, 10:16 pm Wow, my stomach dropped when I saw these pictures! I can’t imagine how frustrating that must have been to open and see
I didn't even need to open the box to hear the jingle jangle of broken glass... :'(

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]