ecto1matt wrote:Sorry but board games are not a niche market.
Ghostbusters board games are.
I don't know but If the Stargate SG1 board game could use real artwork than they could here as well.
The likeness rights of a collection of TV series actors stand a good chance of being significantly smaller than the likeness rights of motion picture actors... throw Bill Murray's legendary contrariness into things, it made more financial and practical sense to go with caricatures... plus cowboybill's point that using digital art rather than photos allows for greater flexibility.
Peter Venkman Jr. liked this
AJ Quick wrote:The Stretch Goals will be more common and will sell for around $5 each.
Okay, just let's assume you're right and each stretch goal goes for $5. That'll be $5 for every single member of the new team and an extra $5 for the Rookie since they were separate goals. Makes $25 for the first line in my list alone.

The same goes for the bad guys. If each of them goes for $5 and there's Zuul,Gozer, Vinz, Grey Lady, Sam Hain, Boogieman, Shandor and Peck that means there's 8 x $5. That's $40

Now we assume generously that the minnions of Cathulhu und the toilets go for $5 a pack because they're also available as add-ons and not as limited. That's another $10.

I don't believe the big guy himself will go for $5 because he's... well, big. Let's pretend he and the big Boogaloo go for $10 each or if we're generous $15 for both!

Makes all in all $90 on top of the $80 for the base game. Still more than double, even when I doubt that you'd earn any win out of this!
I'm done responding to you.

No reason for me to discuss this any further because I still do not have any information on it.

Thanks for the irrelevant speculation.

You almost make me feel like I shouldn't bother offering any of it at all.
CaptCyan wrote:Once you pledged, you should have started to receive emails from Kickstarter updating you on the project. They should send you one saying," Choose....Choose and Perish!"
When did you pledge? I have a feeling they're sending this email in chronological order (I'll probably be near last to get that email).
They will send out the backer surveys according to level you pledged. Base Game, Mass Hysteria, Retailers.. etc. They probably have only done one of the levels so far as the surveys take some time to setup. Don't be alarmed if you don't get the survey for a week or two after the project has been funded.
I messaged them about the survey for our spectral busters add on, and hey said they were overwhelmed by the response, and they asked that we just be patient awaiting the survey to select our add ons, which assured us, and sounded reasonable.
JayTigran liked this
I will apologize for myself and say sorry. I wasn't expecting $20 but I was looking at the other games from Film & TV they make and they are around $30-$50 so it made me wonder why they had to make this for much over $120 or especially the $200.

Again I hope no one was not thinking I was trying to start anything.
mrmichaelt wrote:
CaptCyan wrote:Once you pledged, you should have started to receive emails from Kickstarter updating you on the project. They should send you one saying," Choose....Choose and Perish!"
When did you pledge? I have a feeling they're sending this email in chronological order (I'll probably be near last to get that email).
Hey mrmich!

I pledged when the total amount hit the $666,666 mark.

Like yourself and everyone else who pledged, I have not gotten an email asking which Add-Ons I wish to get.

Sorry if I caused any consternation. Calling it the "Choose...Choose and Perish!" email was just me using a quote from the Movie, although now I will be disappointed if they don't use it when they do notify us.
Troy wrote:I pledged for the Mass Hysteria package and added shipping with the initial pledge. Didn't add anything, didn't change anything. Looks like my card was charged - so I'm guessing all is good? Probably no need for a survey and all that?
The survey comes after the charge, sometimes weeks later and is independent of the payment.

It is necessary so they have your shipping address and also a note of what you paid for.
AJ Quick wrote: The survey comes after the charge, sometimes weeks later and is independent of the payment.

It is necessary so they have your shipping address and also a note of what you paid for.
Ah ha, copy that. Thanks, AJ. That was what I was unclear about... they really got the messaging out about add-ons and calculating changes out there, but didn't tell us schlubs who were content with our first purchase what to do.
For those saying that they couldn't pledge due to not having a credit card.

I live in the UK and I used my normal bank card. (In the UK we call a bank card a "Debit card.")

All that matters is that your card has the VISA or Mastercard symbols on it.

I've noticed that American websites tend to call all cards "credit cards". Are bank cards/debit cards not a thing in the states?
Peter Venkman Jr. liked this
your evil twin wrote:For those saying that they couldn't pledge due to not having a credit card.

I live in the UK and I used my normal bank card. (In the UK we call a bank card a "Debit card.")

I've noticed that American websites tend to call all cards "credit cards". Are bank cards/debit cards not a thing in the states?

Mine is a debit card too. Just as good as a credit card but no bill later.
your evil twin wrote:For those saying that they couldn't pledge due to not having a credit card.

No, we have both types. Plus, there's, I think, a desire to have Paypal as a payment option because it adds an extra layer of security rather than directly using your ATM/Debit card.
JayTigran wrote:ok; they all look AMAZING!
Agreed! I have little experience in these board game, though, but it looks like great quality figures.
i'm even more happy that Dan's artwork is being used for the models; now if we can just get an animated series in his style ;)
Also agreed. I still get a kick out of the little details. For instance, Shandor's look is a combination of his design for Shandor used in Mass Hysteria!/rejected Idulnas design in the ongoing comic and the second form of Shandor in Ghostbusters: The Video Game, they stylized versions, from which Dan helped design in the first place.
Dan Schoening has been posting model sheets every Friday since about April 17. Great stuff!

On April 17, 2015, Slimer and the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.
https://twitter.com/Dapperpomade/status ... 3183606786
https://twitter.com/Dapperpomade/status ... 9831719936

On April 24, 2015, Gozer and Idulnas.
https://twitter.com/Dapperpomade/status ... 5043992578
https://twitter.com/Dapperpomade/status ... 1752410112

Today, Samhain and the Boogieman. This is just further proof, Dan could totally pull off an animated series or RGB comic book.
https://twitter.com/Dapperpomade/status ... 8747620354
https://twitter.com/Dapperpomade/status ... 3276620800
JayTigran liked this
Latest update about the game:

Upgraded dice (D6) with "No Ghosts" Ghostbusters logo
We were able to work with the factory to create some special dice just for the game! We know Ghostbusters dice are hard to come by these days, so they will be included in the game. The "No Ghosts" logo will be replacing the number 6. I'll be sure to share images when we have them.

All Ghosts and Scenario cards increased in size
We have upgraded all cards from the original 4x3 size to a 4x6 size. With this change, we have also upgraded Tobin's Spirit Guide Box to make sure they will all fit with ease.
JayTigran liked this
New update. Things are going smoothly.
Happy Friday!

Everything has been approved by Sony. This includes artwork, game tiles, sculpts, and the super awesome story that Dan and Erik worked so hard on. All systems go!

So far, we are on track to make our October release date. Mind you, this doesn't take into account what we’d call “Mass Hysteria” events, like transatlantic storms, workers’ strike, port congestion, massive earthquakes, pirates, the plague, dogs and cats living together…you know the drill. We will continue updating you as production progresses. We’re really excited with how things are coming along.

We received some pictures of the tooling process. Take a look!

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]