I truely hope AJ really gets all the additional stuff to sell at the shop, so I can get a good version of the game and not the one that misses out on the best things.
But there's still a lot of time until that day and if I start saving right now I could probably get more extras than I planned on.
I have put up the Glow in the Dark Slimer, along with copies of the game here:

http://www.gbfans.com/shop/ghostbusters-the-board-game/

I will have all of the exclusive and add-on parts available at a later date when more information is available.
Somehow I missed seeing the primered version of the gbs were only $2 more.. can this be added after my initial pledge?

[EDIT] I'm looking at the page now, and I see only an additional $10 for the 4 original busters in primer as an add on with no rookie... where did they make that change?

I'm kind of disappointed that in the last 10-15,000, that they didn't add any additional stretch unlockables, but after seeing cathulhu and his minions added, we popped for the paranormal set, plus added the amount for the gitd spectal gb add on.

BTW. this is our first kickstarter.. when do we actually tell them we want that for the additional funding?
Hey Garee!

The funding portion is over, so you can't add anything to your order. Whatever amount you pledged is what you have to buy with. AJ should have some if not all of the Add Ons in the Shop if you want any that you missed.

The "Primed for Painting" figures came in two lots. First were the 4 Original Busters offered for an additional $10.00, 2nd were the IDW Comic Squad consisting of ; Janine, Kylie, Ron Alexander, Melanie Ortiz and the Rookie which needed an extra $12.00 pledge.

Once you pledged, you should have started to receive emails from Kickstarter updating you on the project. They should send you one saying," Choose....Choose and Perish!"
I haven't gotten that yet... I'll keep an eye out for it now though. if they were 42 extra, I'd snag them, but for $12 or so, I can pass. I can easily just repaint the original figures that come with the set.
Skyknight wrote:Oh, and this Version of the game will be the same as the Paranormal pledge? Or without any extras for now?
That's the basic board game.

No extras, but those will be available at a later date.

Slimer is sold out.
Too bad. I thought since you had the Slimers you had the Retailers package, so you'd get the stretch goals, too because it says it gets six base games + GITD Slimer and all stretch goals for all six games.

Will they go for $20, too? Because I just calculated, then I'd have to pay $220 for the same things I could've gotten for $80 if I had a credit card!
I won't do that! In this case I'd rather not get the game at all!
Skyknight wrote:Too bad. I thought since you had the Slimers you had the Retailers package, so you'd get the stretch goals, too because it says it gets six base games + GITD Slimer and all stretch goals for all six games.
The retailer pledge included "All Applicable Stretch Goals," as the image you posted says. Most of the stretch goals unlocked freebies for the paranormal and mass hysteria pledges. The stretch goals that applied to the retailer pledge were things like Stay Puft being upgraded to 100mm, the upgraded Ecto-1 mini, etc. There weren't that many that were "applicable" to retailers.

But, as AJ said, many of the stretch goals that were unlocked were eventually made available as add ons, which he'll be selling separately.
SAMIAM liked this
Skyknight wrote:Will they go for $20, too? Because I just calculated, then I'd have to pay $220 for the same things I could've gotten for $80 if I had a credit card!
I won't do that! In this case I'd rather not get the game at all!
They will be added at a later date.

I will not comment on price because I don't have that information right now.

I paid around $290 per complete set of everything...
That sounds about right, but I won't need everything.
I don't need imposible mode ghosts or additional packages of the standard ghosts!
I want just the stuff that would have been in the "Paranormal" version and the Spectral Ghostbusters, maybe(just maybe) also the taxi drivers.
And I think that you can understand that I just don't want to pay double of the price for that!
All the paranormal add-ons will be available separately.

It is possible the stretch goal items will also be available separately, but that ultimately depends on how they are packaged.

I feel like I'm a broken record at this point, but no information about that stuff is available, so I have nothing more to say other than things will be coming. I'm not Crptozoic, so it is unreasonable to expect me to give these things away.

It should be no surprise that the cheapest way to get these items would have been to have pledged to the Kickstarter.
I would have pledged on Kickstarter if they had accepted Paypal!

It may be a surprise for some people, but not everybody does have a credit card.

In Germany you only need one if you travel much or are a big businessman that trades with many countries. Everything else you can just do with your regular bank card, so most ppl here don't have a CC!

I know it's not your fault, but it just feels like I'm being punished for not having a credit card.

I just want to have a chance to get what everyone else got and not pay double or tripple for it!
Also don't want to get recast (or 3D printed) copies of the figures on ebay that don't support the makers of the game!

I'm sorry to bother you like that, but I just want to make clear where I come from!
You did have your chance.. in the last 30 days, you could have gotten a credit just to use for this purchase. You however chose not to.

AJ will not be the only retailer to carry these, however because hey will be very limited, you can easily exoect the prices to be much higher than what they were on the kickstarter. That's why people pledge money in advance.

(And yeah, I would have loved to use paypal myself as well.)
Gareee wrote:You did have your chance.. in the last 30 days, you could have gotten a credit just to use for this purchase. You however chose not to.
What makes you think, I didn't try? They simply declined my request!

I had only 11 days to try to get one anyway.
Had to wait until the beginning of the month to see if I had enough money on my account to buy one. I didn't try to pledge before March 2nd because I knew I didn't have enough last month and it was only then I realised that they don't accept paypal. Then I asked everyone I know if they can help me but no one had a card. Then I tried to get one, but they went "Nope" on me. By that time it was already to late to try to get one from a different company as they need at least 5 days to check on everything.
You just have to live and learn then. When we purchased our first home here, we found out we couldn't get the loan, because we had no debit record or credit cards. (We had paid out debt completely, and didn't want to have them.)

We had to get credit cards in order to build a credit/debt trail so they could use that for the loan.

The whole point of kickstarter's unlockable items is to entice you to back the item with a better value than what the final product's retail prices would be. You could always just buy the game itelf once its released, and pick up the items you treasure most one at a time, and that will also give you the time to save up for them.
Ironically, I got a loan for my house 15 years ago(without a credit card) and the reason I can't get a credit card is that I'm still in debt of paying it back!
So the joke's on me, right?

I truely wanted this game, but not at "no matter what cost" conditions. The price has to be still reasonable! If it's double or more than the initial $80 for the same content, I will pass on it!
I'm not sure what extras you are trying to get, but you do understand that only a few of the extras were actually included in the $80 price.. right?

The add-ons cost an additional $200 ON TOP of the $80 game. And that's at a special bundle price, the individual items cost more.

The highest level with all the things was something like $320..
ecto1matt wrote:I hope a better company comes along and brings a better and more affordable game with better artwork.
Yeesh.

It's unlikely that another company is going to bring another table-top board/role play game based on Ghostbusters any time soon. If you want one, this is what you'll have to buy.

It's a game based on a licenced property, being produced in a relatively niche market. I'm not sure it could've been much cheaper.

As for the artwork, it's by a popular community artist and allowed the game to be a reality... something that would've been much less likely if they'd aimed for the likenesses of the actors.
Sorry but board games are not a niche market. If Jay & Silent Bob can get something like a Monopoly version than Ghostbusters can. There are so many kinds of games the Ghostbusters name can be attached to and be fair for everyone to afford. They could even do a game like the old Real Ghostbusters board game from Milton Bradley that was 3D if I can remember right.

I don't know but If the Stargate SG1 board game could use real artwork than they could here as well. It shouldn't even cost them that much to get any GB photos or artwork no differently than magazines or entertainment shows do.
ecto1matt wrote:Sorry but board games are not a niche market. If Jay & Silent Bob can get something like a Monopoly version than Ghostbusters can. There are so many kinds of games the Ghostbusters name can be attached to and be fair for everyone to afford. They could even do a game like the old Real Ghostbusters board game from Milton Bradley that was 3D if I can remember right.

I don't know but If the Stargate SG1 board game could use real artwork than they could here as well. It shouldn't even cost them that much to get any GB photos or artwork no differently than magazines or entertainment shows do.
A game like this is designed for a niche market (role playing types), whereas a themed Monopoly game is going to appeal to a wider audience.
Almost Everyone knows Monopoly and the rules are going to be alot easier to understand than this Ghostbusters game.
Also for the record I have not seen the Cryptozologic "Walking Dead" boardgame anywhere except Barnes and Noble and Comic Book shops.
The Themed Monopoly games (just using this as a reference) I have seen in retail stores everywhere. As Far as using the likeness of the actors I would imagine that by using the comic book artists the game will have quite a variation instead of just stock images from the Movies, the creators of this game obviously wanted something special for this game, and the artwork looks amazing.
I think what they did on Kickstarter was completely fair, you didn't have to throw the wad of cash at it until this week so it's was just a matter of saving a little here and there for it.
AJ Quick wrote:I'm not sure what extras you are trying to get, but you do understand that only a few of the extras were actually included in the $80 price.. right?

The add-ons cost an additional $200 ON TOP of the $80 game. And that's at a special bundle price, the individual items cost more.

The highest level with all the things was something like $320..
Okay I'm gonna make a list what I want and the $80 Kickstarter version had:

The new Team+ Rookie
Cathulhu
Pack of five Spawn of Cathulhu
Zuul, Gozer, Vinz and the Grey Lady
Boogieman, Sam Hain, Shandor and Peck
Pack of five Fearsome Flushes
1x100mm Boogaloo

I organized them by what would most likely be sold together as a pack.
Some of those things were exclusive to the basegame and the ones that were also available as add ons were going around $12-15. A shop has to make some cash so $20 would be the absolute minimum you'd have to take for every one of these packs(given the fact that Slimer was sold at $20, each of the two 100mm bosses would likely go for more).
So I'd have to buy a base game without extras for $80 and you see there are 7 packs of $20-25 that would be $140-175 on top of that to get just the stuff that was included with Kickstarter wich brings me to $220-255 just for the stuff that was in the $80 Kickstarter package.
And god help me, if I want additional add ons like the Spectral Busters and the Taxi Drivers, because that'll be another $40-50!
So that would be between $260-305 for the $80 Kickstarter version + 2 add ons. And that's when I think it's becoming unreasonable!
I'm sorry but if you are assuming everything will be $20, you are going to be wrong.

The Glow in the Dark Slimer was only available to retailers, so it was much rarer. Judging from how quickly it sold out, $20 was almost too low.

The Stretch Goals will be more common and will sell for around $5 each. The add-ons will be around $20-$25 each, because they typically include a bunch of figures or additional game elements. (Some of the smaller add-ons will be cheaper).

Again this is all mute because I have not yet decided to put those items up because I do not have the information I need at this time. Saying the price is too high, before I even know what I'm going to sell things for is kind of... :sigh:

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]