Boomerjinks wrote:Come on guys, surely you've heard of the Fireball Rally.

The scope tubes are confetti cannons, which is pretty awesome.

Have not heard of this rally. The confetti cannons are an awesome idea, major kudos, but the decals.... The decals.... Sorry if these were friends of yours but that pic is kind of a "what to do / what not to do." It exists in opposition to every Ecto building standard I've heard you personally champion over the years.
By Vee
They've got a Delorean Time Machine too.
It's just as bad.

I like a little bit of movie car with my stickers.
TexasBuster wrote:So is that EctoTrk's..Ecto..Truck or is that another one?
Yeah that's my truck. Time to let her go. It's actually on eBay right now through the month of October.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Slap a GB logo on a car and something seems to inevitably go wrong. Boomer's car with a spun bearing, Dono's car being totaled, etc.

This car not only got totaled, the license plate and rear graphics got completely rearranged.
Here's mine at the Skyview Drive-In in Lancaster OH this past weekend. Our favorite movie was the second part of a Halloween triple bill to close the season.

SPJ liked this
That is an amazingly clever photo, Richard. Agh, now I need one.

This is in LA, right? Joe didn't you cut his vinyl, or am I super mixed up?

The RLIGB Ecto is a prime example of how an Ecto is never "done." There is always stuff that breaks and needs replacing, but the process is continuous, and new ideas for additions pop in all the time. "How long did it take to build" is a difficult question for an Ecto owner to answer. You can tell people when you started and say stuff like "but I got those wheels two weeks ago," or you can give the start-to-finish of the majority.

SPJ, Fifthrider liked this
Boomerjinks wrote:That is an amazingly clever photo, Richard. Agh, now I need one.

This is in LA, right? Joe didn't you cut his vinyl, or am I super mixed up?
Yep you are right. That is Darthdono74's new Ecto-HHR that we Ecto'd after the first one was totaled by a red light runner.
SPJ, Fifthrider liked this
By jam at
I am now the ..dare I say proud...new owner of the Fireball Run ecto,, complete with enough decals to make every spot a blind spot. Even though I am a long time ghostbuster fan with more than a few proton packs under my build, I am still shocked to learn the attention these cars get. I think they put so many lights on them as so the accident police can find the accident faster and peel your ecto out of the fender bender or dislodge the pedestrians that tried to get a picture leaning against the car when you slowed down to just under 10 MPH.

I always thought of myself as an ecto purist, and certainly put the caddy ectos in a class of their own. No comparison to the real thing...but this is a kick. Akroid made the comment that the ecto is big red and white, looks like a clown and makes everyone smile. I didn't appreciate this until I tried to drive across town to park this thing. It needs a bit of TLC, and will come out to play again next fall. This is going to be way better for Chinese fire drills, and can haul a dozen bags of concrete if my truck fails. Try that smart ecto.

Anyway, if any of the other Colorado ecto owners want to learn me in legality of the different light bar colors and how you get away with blue lights on top (even if you don't light em up while moving) I love to hear your input or point me to a thread. J
gb4ever, Boomerjinks liked this
Nevermind, just read your intro thread! MORE COLORADO ECTOS!

As for lightbars, it's far from an exact science. We had amber lightbars (which are technically 100% legal), but we were hassled all the time by few individual cops in Fort Collins ALL the time. Denver cops don't seem to care about the blue light bars we have, but I think that may be because the car is better. I don't know what the factors were. I know that if you have a stellar procar replica, you might get stopped for having blue lights but I've never heard of anyone actually being cited for them.

My car looks super aggressive, and pretty cop-like from the front, but cops think it's cool. I had a subaru with amber lights and some cops tried to come down hard on us. I would start with clear (because it looks cooler than amber) and just rock those for 6 months to a year just to see how Longmont cops feel about it. Then start getting adventurous.
jam at liked this
By jam at
Joe from CO. New owner. It was donated to a local charitable group helping with the Fireball. They couldn't get it to pass emissions expecting new head gaskets, and the auction house didn't expect any interest past the 92 caprice less the price to pull the heads. The GB fan in me couldn't bear the thought of it loosing the rack and stickers..well..some can go..., but now it will live on. Just to be clear, I didn't get it for free. I asked them how much they wanted for it and paid them so all are happy. It runs remarkably well, but the engine does need some TLC and $$, but not as much as the '59 Ray bought in the movie :) It is actually a nice car considering I never sat in it prior to buying it, and have made worse automotive investments thinking I knew the condition.

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]