By Mxlplx
Boomerjinks wrote:
czjxm7 wrote:Isn't the red light siren a Solaray siren?
Sirens don't produce light.

They indeed do! I was just thinking about the wrong one!

http://www.vustv.com/xFMEaX7NPFoYO

It's been a while since I've searched for these parts. I sold all 3 of the Caddies I was converting, years ago.
By Mr. D.
jackdoud wrote:
Mxlplx wrote:Hmmm, well here are a few!
Obviously those aren't sirens, they're siren/light combinations. Argument still stands.

Oh come on now. we all know sound comes from light..... :D

Oh wait... Maybe it does. Isn't that how a CD player works?

Anyway. LOL
By Mxlplx
LOL

I agree, a siren emits sound, and a beacon produces light, in the purist sense of the words!
I stand corrected!

I was just trying to remember, from my Ecto parts shopping days, what the name of the beacon was.
Again, I was corrected that it was a Propelloray and not a Solaray.

My examples were combination siren/lights. Just a response to the sirens don't produce light comment.

No harm, no foul.
By GBswat
Instead of starting a new thread, I'll just post this here.

Anyone happen to know where I can find a copy of the AJ Quick's GB Ecto1 Siren as a .jar or .jad extension?

My Android phone recently took a beer shower and I've been forced to downgrade to a LG Rumor Touch with a good, old-fashioned digital OS. I would just use the app files from my sd card, but I can't seem to find the folder they're stored in :(
By MEMOR3X
Has anyone ever noticed that the RGB Ecto 1 has a slightly different sound to it?

You can hear it clearly in this video:

11:15 Onwards

It sounds higher in pitch and with a faster tempo. Has anyone got a quality MP3 or WAV of this particular siren? I've tried ripping it from RGB episodes, but it either has SFX or music in the backround :(
By Dr.D
Not to bring up something that hasn't been discussed in a while, but if you were trying to rip the sound effect from an episode I would recommend trying in the Episode "Ghost R Us", the opening of which has a pretty clean representation of the siren.
MEMOR3X liked this
By rkex
That's great that sounds effects are posted, but how the heck do you download them? Clicking on them opens them in Quicktime. Copying the link gets me a link, not a freakin' MP3. Any help would be appreciated, I'm beyond frustrated.
By rkex
Yes, but if I save the link it remains an "Internet Shortcut". I'm trying to copy the MP3's to an SD card (which plays on my car deck). I need MP3's and not a hyperlink. If I had the option of opening with something other than Quicktime, I might be able to save the files, but no "Open With" option appears. It defaults to Quicktime.

I had the MP3 files on my old laptop (which is DOA), so I know it's possible.

I have the files on my iPhone, but it seems copying files from the laptop to the iPhone is a one-way deal only. Plugging the iPhone into the laptop gets me iTunes only, no File Explorer. The phone doesn't show up as an available folder (which it did in Windows 7).

I can use the phone to play the files in my car, but I'd rather not. Last time I did that, I was cruising the streets in the Ecto and every time I got a phone call it was broadcast to the public over the external car speakers. Last year I played the GB theme from CD and the siren from the SD card, which worked great. Unfortunately, I overwrote the SD card when I needed it for photos. Won't do that again.

So if anyone knows:

A) How to copy the online MP3's as MP3's or
B) How to copy the MP3's from my iPhone to my laptop

I'd be forever grateful.
By Boomerjinks
rkex wrote:
I have the files on my iPhone, but it seems copying files from the laptop to the iPhone is a one-way deal only. Plugging the iPhone into the laptop gets me iTunes only, no File Explorer. The phone doesn't show up as an available folder (which it did in Windows 7).
Yeah, that's been the nature of iphones from the beginning. If you have a laptop, why aren't you trying

Right click > save link as.

Or Left click then File > Save Page As...
Chace liked this
By venkman30
a program I use for adding taking off songs or pictures or video is called iTools. U need to have iTunes installed on your computer but iTools makes it so much easier adding and taking stuff on or off your iPhone using a computer. And yes it is a free download.
By rkex
Venkman-

I will definitely check that out. I do a lot of party playlist stuff and would like to utilize more music sources.
Thanks for the help.
By kurisu7885
I have a number of mobile device speakers that are plenty loud I can pull this off with, at least one being bluetooth and battery powered.

Just downloaded those MP3s into my Droid phone and will be playing with this.
By m_flanny
I realize this question may be in the slightly wrong group. That being said does anyone know what the dome light was on the M&M that Ray pulls up in? Im trying to figure out what kind of rotator it is. Also if anyone happens to know the silver wig wags on top, I would greatly appreciate that info to. Thanks yall.
By Boomerjinks
Question is in the right subsection, but this is a thread about the audible siren, not visual beacons.

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]