By Harry Bardwell
Hi I'm a new poster but a long time lurker. The other day I was wondering what a full sized RGB trap would look like instead of the small toy one that we always see, so I measured my toy and checked some plans for the movie trap and I discovered that th length and the width are in proportion to the movie trap, so with that knowledge and my calculator in hand I started to scale up all the measurements, some of them had to be rounded because they came out as such crazy decimals. I also had to add a detail here and there to make it match the cartoon, but it all worked out and check out the results (sorry for the blurry pics its a new camera :X ).
now lets compare it to the toy
the trap is made from balsa wood, matte board, a cardboard tube, and hot glue. I really made just as a mock up to see how it would look. There are a couple of problems with mine though, the handle is a little to wide and on the angle part of the battery compartment there should be a recessed spot but I let it out for simplicity sake. I'm thinking about fiberglassing it and keeping it around as a stunt trap. If you guys want me to post the plans just let me know.
By Harry Bardwell
Yeah I'm going to paint it blue( I really love the RGB look). Irricanian what did you use for the hose and connectors for the black trap they look great! thanks for the comment gbfan86 and thanks for the camera tips Bradboss12 I'll check it out :D
By Harry Bardwell
Update:
Well I found out my pics are blurry because I'm a very unsteady person(its a camcorder with photo taking capabilities so its harder for me to keep stable) so I tried to keep really still with this new batch of pics but some still came out a little blurry sorry. I did find an awesome cord connector though. I think the only way I could have gotten one closer to the cartoon is by scratch building it, and here it is
Next to the toy one
on the trap
a comparison with the toy and the production drawing
what it really is, is the end of a water gun from wal-mart here is one in a different color
so I got 4 more to go with the blue one I had :D
I did that because I plan to use the blue one on the stunt trap I'm building now 2 of them on static hero props 1 on a trap that will light up and the doors will open(I think I'll make it cable controlled, I'll let you know) and one that will have a removable cartridge and a unplugable cord, I'll try to make it look like a pin connector setup kinnda like in this pic
what do you guys think?
keoni02 wrote:ok, i dont think photobucket likes me cause i can never see photobucket pics.... i cant even access the site itself :-(
Ummmm... should I switch to a different image hosting site so everyone can see them or have you gotten them to work, and if so which sites can everyone view?
By Harry Bardwell
Your wish is granted :P(all measurements in inches)
there was one or two measurements I left out but i'm going to try and go back and make a more detailed set latter.
the trap is now fiberglassed, but i still need to sand it and I found a great knob for the left sideof the trap I'll get pics up in a day or two
By Harry Bardwell
I really glad they finally worked for you anybody else have a problem with photo bucket? If so I'll try to find a better place to host pics in the future so everybody can see them
By Raktageno
I know this thread is ten years old. Have you made improvements since then or have any more schematics? I'm looking into putting together some RGB gear and any help you could provide is appreciated!

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]