By drcaron
Hello to all ectohead ,

Some of you know me from other forum and conviced me to come here for sharing some pictures and information about my ecto-1 equipment and how I build some of those parts.

First I will start by my fan box ,I use thoses old oil heater panel that I find in scrap .
Image[/quote]
and cut for the louvers .
then I went to my friend shop (Daniel ) and he help me to made this parts that was not easy to bend .

I use pops rivets to get them together

Prepare to welding
After I look a many pictures I almost sure the rear bars legs on the fan box are more inside I put them a 3"from the side , in front are at 1 1/4" from the side ,hope I not made mystake in here ?

Sorry for my English my first langwish is French
Martin
Last edited by drcaron on October 3rd, 2013, 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
By drcaron
Here what I use for made my marine radome ,is a Sewing machine spool (bobine)thread.

I have to get out the litle edge on the top with a and I use sandpaper grade 80 ,100,120,180,
the hight is 9"3/4 so I have to cut it .
I use body filer to made the top
after sanding
Pimer and sanding 320 ,400
inside
for the base I cut plywood 1/2" then I hot glue in the side.
and finish rsult

Martin
By egie
:nicejobyoudid::crunch: That is really amazing work! great job, its so screen accurate!
By Kingpin
That is some fine craftsmanship, drcaron. I've been working on assembling an index topic for the Ectomobiles section, and this topic is going to be a nice addition... as soo few people have been successful in replicating those elements of Ecto-1s roofrack.

Awesome work.
By Gareee
I'm wondering is 2 part epoxy or even some screws might be more secure on your marine radome's plywood base attachement. Wind shear or summer heat could loosen that hot glue so it goes flying off behind you at high speeds.

Excellent craftsmanship otherwise!
By drcaron
Gareee wrote:I'm wondering is 2 part epoxy or even some screws might be more secure on your marine radome's plywood base attachement. Wind shear or summer heat could loosen that hot glue so it goes flying off behind you at high speeds.

Excellent craftsmanship otherwise!
That is what was worry me I am thinking to have 6 samall white screw on the side bottom to the wood for safety , but my original idée was to have cross rod from the the top to the bottom screw with the bolt that is relly insinde in the top of the radome.
here picture of what I am speaking.

Thank you all the compliment and for the subjestion .

I will show you more parts soon .

Martin
By drcaron
Here my light bars mounting bracket that I made ,

the prototype fit good on the rear .

The prototype on the car .

My final result laser cut .

Since I am not finish my ecto-1 project car ,you can see them how the look on a real ecto-1 see Loren( 69428SCJ ) car.

Thank you
Martin
Last edited by drcaron on August 11th, 2019, 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Skully
Very nice ..excellent fit on the bracket work ..they look store bought cheers and keep this goodness coming...
By drcaron
Thank you here some others parts that I have
Federal propolaray modèle 19

federal sirene model c5 gb

Angle mirror

Unity spot light l

Midland cb radio model 77-859

Dummy antenna made by Gentec, model 525 , 50 ohms , 125 watts , also called a dummy load and the Regency act-r20/6 scanner
Left fender mirror made by Yankee metal prod. corp

The blue hoses

Grimes #30-0437-100 Bumper Strobes ,all I need is the top parts and I need one more clears lense 30-0504-1
Dietz 9-51 (deck light ) Thank you to Greg for thoses

[Whellen stobe # HRDF-200 14/28 Part Name 311 RH

i will show some more parts soon

Martin
By gb4ever
Hey Martin,

I just wanted to say again that your doing an amazing job. It truly is inspiring work that you are doing. To think what you posted so far is only the tip of the iceberg.

-Kris
By drcaron
thank you all ,I know that is only little of what I am working on but I will show you more stuff that I made soon.

Skully ,I wont show pictures of my car til I am finish the equipment topic ,just have to waite .

kriss you know to much :sigh: ha ha

Martin
By nitro 6009
Martin I love your builds and thank you for helping me over the past year. I hope to get a real 59/60 soon but you, Kris and Rusty kept me on track with my nephews 64. You guys are what is best of the Ecto 1 board and love seeing your stuff here.
By drcaron
Here pictures of my ecto 1 rack build

I use 1" tubing .

The base plate is 18 gadge for the siren,strobe and the propolaray plate Is not accurate but I was preffer to heve it match to the siren plate and is also more stronger ,
the radome suport this was not easy to weld but I make it

Martin
By Boomerjinks
Coming together really, REALLY fast! When is your anticipated date of completion, if you have one?
By drcaron
I do not work that fast Is old pictures wen I made my rack last years now I just puting all the equipment parts together ,I hope I can instal on my 1959 Superior this sumer up to the time I finish my 1959 Miller Meteor restoration .

Here my storage tube ,I just need to make my handle

Image[/

More to come soon ,see you

Martin
By RichLather
I'm very, very thankful for the in-progress shots of the components in this thread. It's very informative for me, and it really sets the bar high for Ecto builders.
By XxEctOxX
By drcaron
Fisrt I wante to thank ZedR,Spengler28 for the decals and Dan20Lancer for converted the partern on DXF to have them laser cut .

Top original partern from the ZedRichard I modifed lower partern to have the extra sheet for the bending and the hole slut
Top partern ZedRichard new lower partern modifed by me
Bnc plugs,Pontentiometer,cheker knobs,Alluminium knobs by ( Umori )Decals from (Spengler)
The box from Daniel Lauzon
Laser cut panel

Puch mark
Driling the screws holes

How I conect the hose on the panel ,I use wood in the hose
Rear of the panel
the final rusult

Martin

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]