Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
By ProtonCharger
Vincenzo330 wrote:I don't think so... he has a beard ;)
you kidder, that's totally you.
By gbcreel
details to come soon...
By mrmichaelt
Great covers!

I also noticed the synopsis and the five covers for Issue one: http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/ ... dwsept.htm
Comics Continuum wrote:Are you troubled by strange noises in the middle of the night? Do you experience feelings of dread in your basement or attic? Have you or any of your family ever seen a spook, specter or ghost? If the answer is yes, call the professionals! Psychokinetic energy is on the rise again, business is booming for the boys, and Ray is troubled by what could be a prophetic dream... Is this an ill omen of an upcoming apocaplypse, or just a little indigestion? These questions and more are raised in the first issue of the new, ongoing Ghostbusters!
The new info about Ray having a dream is interesting but my only question is who is this "Scott" on the third cover?!
By SlimeGuy
Erik Burnham wrote:Those are retailer incentives -- order (I believe) 500 copies of #1 and you get the incentive cover of yourself (or someone you choose) as a Ghostbuster.
Eric, I need you to be honest with me. Are you serious?? And if you are, could you do a small team on a cover instead of just one person?
By AJ Quick
SlimeGuy wrote:
Erik Burnham wrote:Those are retailer incentives -- order (I believe) 500 copies of #1 and you get the incentive cover of yourself (or someone you choose) as a Ghostbuster.
Eric, I need you to be honest with me. Are you serious?? And if you are, could you do a small team on a cover instead of just one person?
If you are interested... it will cost about $1200 if you want to do it through GBFans.

:-P

(Probably better off just paying the artist directly.)
By ProtonCharger
what's the reason for the proton packs to look that way?

this is a community that raised a stink over pant legs.
By ProtonCharger
AJ Quick wrote:
Its the artistic style.

i have so much to say to that, that, would only make me sound like im repeating myself.
By mrmichaelt
Ha ha, the Megazoid from "Take Two" on page 19. Cool.
Thanks for the answer.
By TristanJones
SlimeGuy wrote:
That's an interesting question actually. I know my LCS is run by two guys in partnership... Might be one to ask Tom...
By AJ Quick
gbcreel wrote:Here is some information on the 2nd Issue Variant By Nick Runge, and our photo reference shoot.

http://www.facebook.com/realtampbayghostbusters
We really need to add you as a friend to see them?

Also. Why is your franchise a person on Facebook? Why does a franchise have friends?
By TristanJones
Patrick, maybe you could start a new thread with the BTS stuff in it... I'm sure a heap of people would like to see it, but (surprisingly) not everyone has Facebook, and not everyone likes using it either.

Speaking of covers, I just got word today that my cover for #3 has been approved. Unfortunately the behind the scenes is not quite as exciting as Nick Runge's are. :P
By mrmichaelt
TristanJones wrote:Speaking of covers, I just got word today that my cover for #3 has been approved. Unfortunately the behind the scenes is not quite as exciting as Nick Runge's are. :P
By that, the cover's explanation is pretty straight forward (I am going to guess Gozer even though it's probably a "No Comment" for now)?
By gbcreel
It will be up on the Real Tampa Bay Ghostbusters website soon enough for those that don't have facebook.
By Capt. Reynolds
Urgh... Looking at those preview pages makes me not want to bother with this comic.

I mean I'll work my way through it cause the story might be amazing, but the art is going to be against it all the way.
By ProtonCharger
Capt. Reynolds wrote:Urgh... Looking at those preview pages makes me not want to bother with this comic.

I mean I'll work my way through it cause the story might be amazing, but the art is going to be against it all the way.
LOOK AT THAT PROTON PACK

how is THAT acceptable, AND NOT untucked pantlegs?!
By Capt. Reynolds
ProtonCharger wrote:
Capt. Reynolds wrote:Urgh... Looking at those preview pages makes me not want to bother with this comic.

LOOK AT THAT PROTON PACK

how is THAT acceptable, AND NOT untucked pantlegs?!
I mean I understand that thats the style Dan does, but it's just not my thing. And I know other people love that he's doing this book, but I don't know why.

To each their own is what I say. Although I do see the art being the reason, if any, that I'll drop this book.
By ProtonCharger
i just dont think it's entirely fair for there to be such an uproar over untucked pant legs, and not a whisper about a proton pack that is obviously wrong. i liked the sanctum of slime proton pack, it makes sense to have those new visual looks because of the upgraded abilities it has.

however, with that in mind, pantlegs can get untucked when you walk. this is not an upgraded proton pack, it's not an rgb pack, it's not a movie pack. there is no explanation for it to look the way it does. yet, i think simply because dapper dan is on this book he gets a "get out of ya blew it" card and not the talented artists that worked on the series before were nitpicked about absolutely inconsequential things... is a bit hypocritical of a very large majority of the members involved in and during the RISE UP FOR DAPPER DAN campaign.

i thoroughly enjoyed the gb books before he got his mitts on them. infact, he's the number one reason why i dont read any idw book at all now.

if i REALLY wanted to get into it, id ask dapper dan why he prefers to draw winston like he belongs in a zoo?
By Capt. Reynolds
Vincenzo330 wrote:You guys are being really rough. The artwork of a Proton Pack is not going to ruin your life, I promise. This is just like the Sanctum of Slime deal that you all complained about.

If you don't like it don't buy the book. There are more of us who do like it than those that don't.
To be fair I'm not complaining about the Pack, but the over all style. I've sais I don't like the art but if the story is good I'll get past it due to the interesting and exciting story.
TristanJones wrote:At least give the first couple of issues a look in guys, there's gonna be cool stuff in there! ;)
Of course I'll give it a try. It's Ghostbusters! Nothing could stop me from buy it.
By Kingpin
I'm going to make a rare step away from not commenting on Adam's rant of the day and approach something that he's frankly being rather picky about.

There's such a thing as artistic interpretation, I can't remember specific examples in the past where people bitched about Venkman not having his pantlegs untucked, or the Proton Packs not looking like the movie packs with the comics in the past, but as a caveat, seeing as we're talking about three years worth of IDW Ghostbusters comics, I'll happily admit that it easily could've happened, probably happened, in fact, but it's since faded from my memory (there are more important things to commit to memory). (The period of time is even longer if we throw the 88mph comics into there). The thing is, it's the artists's decision whether to fully honour those visual items, this is very much a stylised depiction of the Ghostbusters, so of course the Proton Packs are "off-model" (as a side note, if we're going to start bringing out the pitchforks now, why isn't anyone bitching that Venkman doesn't have his pantlegs untucked in The Real Ghostbusters, or that the Packs look different in that?)

By extension of the stylised point, maybe in this universe, Venkman tucks his pant legs in.

These are really only minor gripes, because the major one is Adam's being such a wet blanket about the comic because he feels Dan is undeserving of the role he's gotten. He feels he didn't get it on his own merit.

I disagree, Dan's art is extremely popular, he's done it for years and established not only a significant gallery of Ghostbusters (and non-Ghostbusters related art) material, as well as a solid following of fans. He's had published work (including Cereal Geek), and he and Cereal Geek's editor James Eatock even pitched a Ghostbusters comic to IDW. IDW decided to take the risk and bring him in, giving him artistic helm of one of their new profile comics.

I don't think they would've brought him in solely because the fans asked for it, they brought him in because they felt he was the right man for the job, after all, they knew about the comic pitch Dan and James had made long before we did.

There've been artists and writers who are fan favourites, largely because of the work they've created. What's so wrong really with a fan favourite who has a strong love for this franchise being able to guide one of the licenced properties?

Hell, I'd have at least believed the criticism as being genuine if someone didn't want to read it because they felt the art was "too kiddy", but come on, not buying the comic because you're bummed a fan became the artist? That doesn't the least bit smack of the old green eyed monster.

Dan's the artist, he can draw the Packs the way he links and Venkman's pant legs tucked in. Stop whining about it not being fair and if you need to, don't buy the comic. Nobody's asking you to hand in your Ghosthead badge because there's one part of the franchise you're not interested in following.
This topic's here to support the comic.
PssdffJay liked this
By Erik Burnham
ProtonCharger wrote:i just dont think it's entirely fair for there to be such an uproar over untucked pant legs, and not a whisper about a proton pack that is obviously wrong.
Well, as of the moment Sony approved it, it became right... it's now just one more official design of the proton pack. You may not like it, which is fine, but they did make that call. And rest assured, they have made us change things they didn't approve.
PssdffJay liked this
By JayTigran
here here!

personally I've always loved Dan's style, it comes off as a mix of the movies & cartoons.

Everyone has their style, and everyone has their tastes.

We get that you don't like Dan doing the comic, you've made that abundantly clear.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]