By cowbybill
I someone on my facebook page posted this so I thought I'd share. It's a current E-bay acution from Auctiondoctors:
If anyone is offended I apologize in advance if I posted your pack.
*GHOSTBUSTERS PROP PROTON PACK FULL-SIZE WORKING BACKPACK*
APPROX. 35 LBS.

APPROX. 30" x 15" x 13"

This is a Ghostbusters Proton Pack replica we found in a North Hollywood, CA movie garage sale several weeks ago.

We thought we may have stumbled onto a real one, but found out recently it's a replica. There are 4 or 5 switches, a charging input with a charger, plus an on/off switch in the back. The people we bought it from said it had different sounds in it too but we haven't been able to find that functionality yet.

We looked around at replicas on-line and this one looks like it took a lot of extra effort to make. We don't know why it has all the dirt-type camouflage, which others don't seem to have, but if you don't like it, you may be able to remove it with alcohol. We don't want to mess with it.

We know there are millions of Ghostbusters fans with millions of questions but we may not be able to answer much more than what has been described here. You probably know more about it than we do, just by looking at one photo. MORE PHOTOS BELOW.

ZERO (0) FEEDBACK BIDDERS, PLEASE E-MAIL BEFORE BIDDING. ALL ZERO (0) FEEDBACK BIDDERS WHO BID WITHOUT CONTACTING US FIRST TO GET APPROVAL TO BID ARE SUBJECT TO CANCELLATION OF BID. *SERIOUS BIDDERS ONLY*

VIEW OUR FEEDBACK HISTORY TO CONFIRM OUR OUTSTANDING REPUTATION AND PROFESSIONALISM ON EBAY FOR OVER TEN YEARS NOW. WE ARE ALSO BACKED BY SQUARETRADE - SO REST ASSURED YOUR TRANSACTION IS SAFE.

AUCTION DOCTORS, INC. is a professional FULL SERVICE internet auction company servicing clients across the country. From automobiles to antiques, electronics to rare collectibles, Auction Doctors sells items in all categories! Do you have unique or valuable items . There are also some kind of a lights inside the plastic tube at the tip of the gun unit but they're not coming on. Maybe bulbs are burned out or they got disconnected.

and now the pack:

The going bid right now is 710.00.
By JoeLuna33
I saw this last night on eBay. It looks pretty beat, like they did it on purpose to trick some one into thinking it was screen used.
By EJLambert
Here is how you can go overboard with weathering. Up next, paint fumes and you.
By Vincenzo330
This particular pack is a bigger part of the community than a lot of people would realize.

The short version is:

It was built by Venkman71 and ended up with a private collector who tried to repaint/modify it to pass off as screen used and auction it off through "Profiles in History".

It was confirmed to be a replica (as most of you can tell just by looking at it) and was a black eye for PIH.
Nicholszz liked this
By cowbybill
Thanks for sharing the story on this particular pack. It's amazing what some folks will try and get away with , not Venkman71 or PIH by the way. Rather the person who bought it and tried to pass it off.
By kevinj319
Was that before or after it was used to bludgeon someone to death?
By pchrisbosh1
The pack wouldn't look as bad without the horrendous weathering. It honestly looks like someone took way to many craps on it literally. Hopefully the person who buys this has full intention on cleaning it up.
By kevinj319
Oh god... I've been studying for hours and I popped in here to see that youtube video... I'm here laughing my ass off.

The slooooow reveal as he turns around and you see it's upside-down... priceless.

I really needed that.
By KagaSakai
jackdoud wrote:I really wish that video showed what they did with the waist strap. Does it go around the neck or the forehead? :sigh:
Damn it's hard to breathe with this strap around my neck!
By Sledge
errrrr guess they cannot read either cause any schmuck would be able to read the tags on it and be able to make an educated guess that the writing would go facing the right way,,,
By cowbybill
it's sitting at 710.00 right now. What is really kinda sad is there are at least 2 more on auction for 850.00.
I would hope whoever wins strips it down and cleans it up...oh and wear it the right way!
By SPJ
The way the wand is put together looks awful. I doubt it was orginally done like that, looks like it was broken and repaired in a hurry a couple of times.
Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]