AJ Quick wrote:Yeah uhh. Pretty much nothing uses lead solder now.. Mattel knows better than to put lead in toys.
Correct. Toys cannot have lead in them. Collectables, which the pke meter is being marketed as, fall into a different category and can actually still have lead in them. It all depends on how they word it. The laws for the US aren't as strict as the EU so they can get away with more here. Of course we won't know till they ship and someone undoubtedly breaks one open to see how it works or improve it and we see the actual board.

And actually a few of our customers that don't ship overseas that switched to lead-free have switched back to lead because they found the lead-free wasn't as reliable. The military still uses lead as well since their stuff has to work when they need it.
ecto68 wrote:can someone please help me work out the time difference for these...it says they go on sale 12pm ET or 9am PT

I am located in Adelaide Australia and am trying to work out what time they go on sale to us
Find the difference between your place and New York http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ In the NY time zone it will sell at 12:00pm so add however many hours you need to
ecto68 wrote:can someone please help me work out the time difference for these...it says they go on sale 12pm ET or 9am PT

I am located in Adelaide Australia and am trying to work out what time they go on sale to us
ET = Eastern Standard Time (New York)
PC = Pacific Time (Los Angeles)

According to "The World Clock", the PKE will be going on sale at 3:30PM Adelaide time (odd to see a daylight savings time that only adds a half hour, not a full hour). You may wish to double check this closer to the time.
Kingpin wrote:

ET = Eastern Standard Time (New York)
PC = Pacific Time (Los Angeles)

According to "The World Clock", the PKE will be going on sale at 3:30PM Adelaide time (odd to see a daylight savings time that only adds a half hour, not a full hour). You may wish to double check this closer to the time.

according to when I punched it in, it was 3.30AM Adelaide time......is 15.5 hrs difference between NY and Adelaide ......

Charnel wrote: And actually a few of our customers that don't ship overseas that switched to lead-free have switched back to lead because they found the lead-free wasn't as reliable. The military still uses lead as well since their stuff has to work when they need it.
I wish Microsoft had done the same with the 360...
overseas buyers are shelling out 120 already for pke's without shipping added. I see listing for 80 and 90 and people are paying 100+

people are silly
dKiD Clue wrote:overseas buyers are shelling out 120 already for pke's without shipping added. I see listing for 80 and 90 and people are paying 100+

people are silly
"people are silly" here may translate to "fans are desperate" or "fans are loaded with money".
portugueseGB wrote:
dKiD Clue wrote:overseas buyers are shelling out 120 already for pke's without shipping added. I see listing for 80 and 90 and people are paying 100+

people are silly
"people are silly" here may translate to "fans are desperate" or "fans are loaded with money".
LOLL yah , people dont even shop first , could have saved 30/40 bucks just by not impulse buying
I cant pretend that I visit here nearly enough, but it always seemed like a really friendly place. Its sad to see that a new product that everyone really loves is causing the members of GBFANS to argue amongst themselves.

I'm just saying that before I read these threads I would have sworn blind that US and European Fans would have condemed Matty for such poor customer service but for one reason or another that hasnt happened this time. I know from other threads that there have been times when Mattels customer service has affected US Fans too, so I think we should stick together and hopefully force Mattel to make changes to stop things like this happening.

Now on a happier note. If we are unlucky enough to not get a PKE this time I think we can safely say there will be more in the future. This has been Mattels tactic for some time, quick sell out and demand comes back even stronger when they re-stock. Whether or not they make changes to help international customers...who knows, but fighting with people on here wont make that happen. Carefully thought out emails to Mattel from all those dissapointed by this oversight would surely be the best way to make them sit up and think about their future strategy.

As for Matty collector, the customer service always has been poor. I mean, just send a question to them and get the standard "Im sorry for your concern but we cannot assist you with this issue" email back time and time again. You can see from this they really only care about the cash and not the customer. Its classic monopoly behavour.

Adam_Fozz
Good call, On the peter venkman release it took me half and hour to get to the checkout only to find that I had $50 worth of extra stuff in my cart I didnt want. Took ages to get rid of it all with that stupid server que they put you in!

Adam_Fozz
I do want the Peck, for my nephew. but since Ive had problems in the past where I log in before noon and then I try to add stuff and I get put in the queue, eventually I get to the checkout screen and somehow I have to log in again and then I have to wait again... maybe if there's already something in my cart it wont log me out...
Yea. The site sucks in terms of server capacity. Just another place where mattel are cheap! Lots of big retailers rent server space if they know that a big sale is going to kill their servers. Ticket sites for example get few visitors normally but if they are selling a popular band tour they will utilize somebody elses servers.
AJ Quick wrote:Yeah uhh. Pretty much nothing uses lead solder now.. Mattel knows better than to put lead in toys.
I use lead solder.
I was also considering getting 2, but ultimately it depends on what the queue is like (two separate MC accounts, so it probably depends on which one of us manages to get through).

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/37016683[…]

Between the terror dogs in GB1 and the Boogieman i[…]

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with disas[…]

The opening post contain a lot information. Quic[…]