I finally cast up my first GB 1 trap kit, I've been working on this for quite a while. Assembly of this will be much easier than my previous GB 2 trap kit (which i'm also redoing)

Outer case and battery box are 1 piece, handle mount to it, lid for battery box mounts with button head Allen bolts.

ImageImage
Inside has slider rail, bottom of cartridge has mated part

Front indicator is hollow to allow for electronics, ears are cast seperate to allow for easier door mounting

ImageImage
Baseplate with spacer

ImageImageImage
Inner (removeable) cartridge

I'm working on getting Aluminum side plates cut and all the accessories and bolts

More to come....
Last edited by irricanian on July 25th, 2010, 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Socko525
you can put me first on the list for this when it becomes available. I've already set money aside for it, so the second it becomes available I want one. It looks great! I like that you cast the handle, battery box, and the outer plates all as one piece, that def saves a lot of assembly time and makes it a lot stronger. I cant wait to see how the rest of it comes out
By irricanian
Update:

Traps will come with
- 7 piece laser cut aluminum cosmetic plates
- Foster 22-2 fitting
- real steel roller bearing wheels/ axles
- toggle switch and LED bezel
- all real Allen bolt hardware
- dixie style V-hook (2 piece)
- resin cast front knobs, teardrop knob and round knob
- aluminum side rods (Red)
- resin cast Vector plate
- real Cal-R resistor

Optional:
- Trap hose made to whatever length you want, with Foster 2202 couplers

Final cost TBA
By FeinDTacticS
This kit looks incredible... I almost love Nicks weathering so much i would buy this kit and have him paint it haha :)
By metallijosh
You never know when you'll need it.

Is there any way you will be offering these assembled, I don't really have anywhere to paint it at.
By irricanian
Update: First trap built!!!

This one has painted styrene cosmetic plating for now, I have laser cut Aluminum plates being done but they are a few weeks away yet.

I plan on getting 6-8 kits completed and ready to ship so once the plates come in they are ready to go, price will be $160 plus S&H

Here's some pics

ImageImageImageImage

The cartridge will be removeable with the slider rails, they may be laser cut aluminum if I can keep the price down if not they will be styrene.

I'm really happy with how this has turned out :)
bnkpro wrote:Hi Colin,
Will the people on your other trap interest list get 1st crack at these?
Yes and No, to be honest with you many of the people who expressed interest before bailed out when contacted for payment. This is a different kit, the other kit will be available again once I get some of the molds redone. I plan on making the other (GB2) kit more like this one with less pieces to assemble making it easier and quicker to put together and stronger.

I still have the list and will be contacting when the time comes.
By mcfly
metallijosh wrote:You never know when you'll need it.

Is there any way you will be offering these assembled, I don't really have anywhere to paint it at.
Colin - I'm also interested in finding out if you'll be selling assembled ones. I assumed you were since on your page it mentioned them being comissioned items, but just to clarify, I thought I'd ask.

I'm interested! :cool:

Shane
By irricanian
mcfly wrote:
metallijosh wrote:You never know when you'll need it.

Colin - I'm also interested in finding out if you'll be selling assembled ones. I assumed you were since on your page it mentioned them being comissioned items, but just to clarify, I thought I'd ask.

I'm interested! :cool:

Shane
Yep, once I have all the accessory components done I will be doing commission builds as well. What I may end up doing, rather than selling them on Ebay is putting up a page with finished traps for sale with availability for purchase

Thanks for the interest.
borzou wrote:Do your knobs look as good as they do in the pictures, or do we have a repeat of thisfantastic piece of work (the white knobs)?
Yes they do. Those knobs that you seem to enjoy dwelling on were sctratch built from wood from V71's dimensions and I'll admit were not the best piece, the new ones (shown below)are cast from actual plastic knobs.

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]