Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
Any collectors know what the main differences are?

The Hot Wheels Elite 1:18 currently sells for around £300-400. Is there any way to get these at a less heavy markup these days?

The Autoworld version is <£100 and looks reasonable at a glance. I believe it has more detail than the red box Hot Wheels re-release?

I decided I'm in the market and just wanted to know what advantages the HW model has for the extra cost? :vinzclortho:
The Auto World Ecto-1 doesn't have any glass in the front passenger or driver's doors.
The Auto World Ecto-1 roof rack is sat too low on the roof, missing of a series of support struts which the Hot Wheels car does have.
The Auto World Ecto-1 light bars are shorter in height than they should be.
The rear support for the white/red dome on the The Auto World Ecto-1 is painted silver, it should be white.
The Auto World Ecto-1's rear fender is missing the step fitting, and the rear license plate.
The Auto World Ecto-1's rear door only opens a fraction of the way it would on the real car.
The Auto World Ecto-1's siren is extremely inaccurate in design.

The Hot Wheels Ecto-1's sniffer box is the wrong colour, based on the car after restoration (it's also facing the wrong direction).
The Hot Wheels Ecto-1's no-ghost logos are all missing the chin portion of the design.
The Hot Wheels Ecto-1's forward lightbar has an incorrect mounting bracket (again, based on the car's post-restoration appearance).
The rear support for the white/red dome on the Hot Wheels Ecto-1 is black, it should be white.

The mistakes with the Hot Wheels car are irking, but it's clearly the more accurate model of the two options.
Kingpin wrote:The Auto World Ecto-1 doesn't have any glass in the front passenger or driver's doors.
The Auto World Ecto-1 roof rack is sat too low on the roof, missing of a series of support struts which the Hot Wheels car does have.
The Auto World Ecto-1 light bars are shorter in height than they should be.
The rear support for the white/red dome on the The Auto World Ecto-1 is painted silver, it should be white.
The Auto World Ecto-1's rear fender is missing the step fitting, and the rear license plate.
The Auto World Ecto-1's rear door only opens a fraction of the way it would on the real car.
The Auto World Ecto-1's siren is extremely inaccurate in design.

The Hot Wheels Ecto-1's sniffer box is the wrong colour, based on the car after restoration (it's also facing the wrong direction).
The Hot Wheels Ecto-1's no-ghost logos are all missing the chin portion of the design.
The Hot Wheels Ecto-1's forward lightbar has an incorrect mounting bracket (again, based on the car's post-restoration appearance).
The rear support for the white/red dome on the Hot Wheels Ecto-1 is black, it should be white.

The mistakes with the Hot Wheels car are irking, but it's clearly the more accurate model of the two options.

I bow to your knowledge, sir! Incredibly kind of you to provide the info so quickly, thank you.
Looks like the Hot Wheels Elite is the one to go for.

Update: Call it fate, call it karma... later this day I managed to pick up a new & sealed Hot Wheels Elite Ecto 1 for $130. Sweet!
Kingpin liked this
There may be more bits that I didn't notice from the images I found, I own both cars but don't currently have access to compare them side-by-side.

Nice score on finding the new and sealed, $130 even sounds not far off its original listing price.
Chicken, He Clucked and -1 others liked this
    Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]