Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
Hey everyone, what's your favorite collection of collectible figures? I know the Plasma's are not in hand yet, but we've seen the final product, the sculpts, the articulation, the accessories, the packaging, etc....
Seems like a fun discussion and I miss having discussions on here! It's all opinion based so there's no right or wrong of course.
It sorta ranks differently based on differing factors. If it's overall strength, probably Matty, if it's sculpting and accessories, then definitely Diamond.

Had the Plasma series been the first ever released, I'd probably get them... As they are, however, they're sorta an underwhelming middle-ground between Diamond and Matty.
Doctor Venkman, Croker liked this
Kingpin wrote: March 3rd, 2020, 7:10 pm It sorta ranks differently based on differing factors. If it's overall strength, probably Matty, if it's sculpting and accessories, then definitely Diamond.

Had the Plasma series been the first ever released, I'd probably get them... As they are, however, they're sorta an underwhelming middle-ground between Diamond and Matty.
I agree.

I remember being floored by the Matty ones, mainly because I was desperate for GB merch.

Now, they sit on my shelf and I kinda debate if I need to sell them to make room for other stuff.

The DST versions, I absolutely love, and that could be that they're enhanced by the awesome dioramas, but those are my favorite of the "affordable" lines at this time.

I don't really think I'll be buying the Plasma line, as it's too similar to the Matty line, doesn't seem to really add anything.
ccv66, Kingpin, Croker liked this
It's going to be more about the size and what Hasbro ends up doing with the plasma line. At the moment I give it to DST. I like the size better , more figures. Not all perfect, but a hand full are outstanding and the dioramas are a must have. Wish DST had scoleri brothers and the containment unit like Matty though. That being said you have three companies making 6" figures matty, mezco and Hasbro. So that scale might be more desirable and end up being deeper. Probably never get gb16 or gb20 figures in 7". Doubt any of them match the line up of the minimates
For me, Diamond Select did a really great job with their action figures. I really liked how each action figure had accessories and a build a diorama piece. The detail in the faces of the characters and the overall sculpts was incredible. Having collected many action figures since childhood(including the Real Ghostbusters line by Kenner), these really stood out to me. As decent as the 6 inch Mattel line was, I found myself often wanting more in terms of accessories. Also the attention to detail towards the end of Mattel offerings was really poor(Vigo having grey hair, Courtroom Battle Ray having the wrong shirt color).
Plus their was the whole debacle of the Ecto 1 pre-order and the quality control of both the six inch and 12 inch action figures left me with a bitter taste in my mouth. While DST has had their issues as well, I certainly feel like that did a better job with their offerings.
Kingpin liked this
Frankly, I didn't really like the Matty line too much. I collected it because I never thought we would get another GB figure line, at least not for awhile. DST I enjoy for the accessories, dioramas, character selection and sculpt, but the articulation is lacking in many ways. Plus, they don't really stand up too well.

The Plasma series figures look... ok... The articulation is great. The sculpts look ok, some better than others. For some reason all of the heads look kind of fat though.... like too wide. My main hope is that we get more ghosts and more RGB figures. I suspect that the Plasma series will make for more show accurate RGB figures, if we get them. If the Plasma series is just 2 waves of movie figures I will be very disappointed. I want RGB and EGB stuff.
For my taste, I'm still happy with the Matty ones the most. I have to say that in hind sight I am surprised they did the best with ghosts. Their ghosts even came as an accessory to a human character. The only major flaw w/ Matty was their belief that the NECA Gozer and dogs were readily available and that's why they weren't releasing those characters. They were scarce and in a different scale but I vividly remember Scott "Toy Guru saying that was why. They went pretty deep into the line too. They weren't perfect by any means, and the whole mattycollector.com and no store presence was frustrating to a certain degree. I like picking my paint app on my figures.....

I got a DST GBII Ray and The Real Ghostbusters....the chest articulation kills it for me. For some reason it drives me crazy and the straps for the pack wants to ride up so high. The DST's, for me, would have been the end all GB figure collection if the scale wasn't so bizarre and the jumpsuit didn't have a huge gap in it at everyone's chest. At least the end all w/ the GBII headsculpts.

The Plasma series is just crazy....makes me wonder why Hasbro went after the GB IP...Face sculpts in my opinion are just off and the complete and total lack of accessories for the price tag is astonishing. Trap w/ no hose, no pedal, no functioning doors, no electricity effect... ecto-goggles w/ missing center strap, one short proton stream, and a PKE. I don't know, I wanted to be excited and I wanted to kit bash btw the Matty and Hasbro but there's nothing there to kit bash. Rant over.
One time liked this

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]