Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By Wiggyof9
Pretty sure the prototype just used the prototype glasses that were also on the first release. The orginal version will always be this odd looking one. It is unfortunate because there is no reason they can't make them look right.
By Wiggyof9
I finally got my figures after ordering from www.atomicempire.com, a site i heard about on the fwoosh.com forums. They actually have them in stock at BBTS prices and pretty much the same shipping. The firehouse diorama is HUGE! I knew it was big, but you need to see it in person. It was nice to finally open and display all my figures from series 6-10. I also opened up my NECA Street diorama from the SDCC TMNT set and it is also HUGE. I am considering getting the retail version to put next to the firehouse and increase the display size for all the figures we currently have and will have in the coming years.

GB2 Louis works great standing on the NECA diorama waiting for a bus. I would love to have more of the GB's on the street and let the RGB figures have the firehouse. With more TMNT move figures coming, I'll need to leave the TMNT diorama to them and get that new retail version that is a bit cleaner.
By 910dohead
Wiggyof9 wrote: March 15th, 2019, 9:22 pm I finally got my figures after ordering from www.atomicempire.com, a site i heard about on the fwoosh.com forums. They actually have them in stock at BBTS prices and pretty much the same shipping.
Thanks for the heads up. I may just cancel my pre-order with BBTS and get them from elsewhere. I don't know what is taking BBTS so long to get these? It certainly appears that they've got their thumbs up their butts with wave 10. I haven't even received the standard "Your pre-order is on its way and should be here in the next ten days. Make sure you have your funds ready..." e-mail. They must've got the last wave's street date mixed up with Marshmallow Mess Egon's original date. It's looking like we're going to get these around that time at this point. What is taking so long Big Bad?!? Other outlets have already had this last wave for close to a month now!
By Wiggyof9
I'm telling you, cancel and go with atomic empire. Im not trying to advertise for them, but the prices and shipping were just right. Im currently setting up all my GB figures with a box full of DST figure stands now that I finally have the figure house and the NECA TMNT street scene built. In about 2 weeks Ill have the retail version of the NECA set and will have all my GB figures in a nice city display, along with my old NECA GB figures.

I can not wait to see what is next from DST.
By ccv66
Ordering really doesn't have anything to do with the company, more so with DST supplying them with product. Seems like smaller shops are getting them first. I ordered a set from both atomic and BBTS, see which one comes first. Seems like BBTS had better deals on in stock items.
I don't think they ever planned on a ecto in scale with their figures, pretty sure they said they were leaning to the same size as their DeLorean. With all the other die cast and playmobile cars came out over the past two years probably not worth doing. With the success of the RGB line, hopefully they'll consider one to fit the 7" figures. It would Save me a bunch of money not buying the 1/6 ecto
By Wiggyof9
Zach confirmed there will be no 1:10 scale ecto-1, but there is still interest in a smaller one. My display is disappointed, but my pocket is grateful.

After 2 days of setting up figure displays, i am eager to.see what DST has next for us. I will say though.... that can be very frustrating to pose and keep standing, even with stands. Plus they are so fragile in places.
By Wiggyof9
Nice, now you can recreate the movie poster.

Question. Does anyone know where I can get a fairly cheap 1:10 scale desk and chair that matches the movie for Janine? I've found desks, but none that look like the movie.

From what i can tell the desk would be similar to this style:

By Kingpin
Worst case scenario, the desk produced by Diamond Select (packaged with some of the X-Files and Gotham range) could be converted:

•Cut off the stock legs from the underside of the desk.
•Apply a panel to the front of the desk (either full-width, or equal to the inset) to make the whole front flush.
•Apply strips of square plastic or wood for the metal desk legs.
•Repaint the top dark brown, repaint the sides black.
By ShiftyHenry
Was there ever any explanation on why DST can't do the Scoleri Brothers?
By elsoldao7
ShiftyHenry wrote:Was there ever any explanation on why DST can't do the Scoleri Brothers?
Dont have the rights i think
By elsoldao7
Wiggyof9 wrote:Nice, now you can recreate the movie poster.

Question. Does anyone know where I can get a fairly cheap 1:10 scale desk and chair that matches the movie for Janine? I've found desks, but none that look like the movie.

From what i can tell the desk would be similar to this style:

I have the one that came with Scully & it works great!Image
By Wiggyof9
Every time i saw the Scully figure it was fairly expensive just to buy it for the desk, but i just saw a listing for 17 bucks, free shipping. I think I will bite the bullet and buy it and do a little modding. It's as close as we will ever get.

It won't have the chair, but I can more easily get a matching chair from a doll house furniture site than a matching desk.
By Fritz
I've ordered my Ray and Venkman from Amazon, but they're saying they won't be here until April 30th at the earliest. :-?

Of course, if it works like last time, they'll suddenly notify me on Monday that they've shipped and they'll be here by Wednesday.

But then again, since that would be a good thing, they probably won't show up for another month.
By Wiggyof9
Fritz wrote:I've ordered my Ray and Venkman from Amazon, but they're saying they won't be here until April 30th at the earliest. :-?

Of course, if it works like last time, they'll suddenly notify me on Monday that they've shipped and they'll be here by Wednesday.

But then again, since that would be a good thing, they probably won't show up for another month.
I mean, you could just order through atomicempire.com and get them by Wednesday and cheaper like I did.
By 910dohead
I have a feeling Big Bad will start processing the pre-orders on Monday. I already got my 10 day heads up email. If they don't ship this Monday, then it will probably be the following Monday. I have a feeling these figures sold better than originally anticipated and Diamond Select didn't have enough to go around from the first batch. I just hope there's no quality control issues from the plant trying to rush order.
By Dr.D
Strange update. Was at C2E2 yesterday and stopped by DST's booth. They had some GB figs for sale but nothing on display. Not even the stuff we've already seen.
By Wiggyof9
They said on facebook that they wouldn't have Ghostbusters prototypes at this event.

Considering the time between series 5 and the showing of series 6 prototypes it makes sense that we won't see anything until SDCC.
By Peter Venkman Jr.
@910dohead, I got the same email as well. I had a feeling that Big Bad Toy Store would get orders from DST in before too long. The wait will defiantly be worth it. Feels great to see new action figures based The Real Ghostbusters, looking forward to building the firehouse display once I get the rest of the GB2 action figures.
By toby88
Fritz wrote: March 22nd, 2019, 5:46 pm I've ordered my Ray and Venkman from Amazon, but they're saying they won't be here until April 30th at the earliest. :-?

I did the same since I had a boat load of Amazon gift cards burning a hole in my pocket. Stange how RGB Egon is not even listed on Amazon right now.
By Peter Venkman Jr.
Recently I ordered action figures of Ray and Winston from the first movie, both of which arrived missing the connector pieces for the Proton Streams. Does anyone know of a way to fix this?
By Wiggyof9
The first set of figures didn't have connectors. At one point DST was sending out replacements. Not sure if they still are.
By NSGhostbusters
Is there gonna be a Ghostbusters II Janine Melnitz figure in the Diamond Select Series anytime soon? (I wish these figures weren't so damn expensive, the only DS figure I have is Vigo The Carpathian, the damn Ebay prices are outrageous.) lol :(Image
By Wiggyof9
NSGhostbusters wrote:Is there gonna be a Ghostbusters II Janine Melnitz figure in the Diamond Select Series anytime soon? (I wish these figures weren't so damn expensive, the only DS figure I have is Vigo The Carpathian, the damn Ebay prices are outrageous.) lol :(Image
We have no idea what figures will be next and likely will not find out until July or June. However, it is possible.

As for the expense if the figures, ebay us not the best place to buy them. Try comic book shop sites like BBTS.com and atomicempire.com.

I would live to light my logo signs, but I fear messing it up and don't want to buy a spare figure. It looks very good though.

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]