Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
According to Amazon, special extra items include:

Peter Venkman’s business card
Sedgewick Hotel storyboard booklet
Rare concept art sketches of ghostbusting gadgets
Stay Puft Marshmallow Man package sticker
Production notes
A schematic of the Gozer temple miniature
More tweets by Dan Wallace. (@danwall88)

Details of my upcoming #Ghostbusters book. They say it is simultaneously too hot too handle and too cold to hold.

Needed a ruling from @insighteditions attorneys re: ‪#‎Ghostbusters‬ book on whether Vigo was allowed to battle my boys http://t.co/yglfVBewIS

They responded in the negative. ‪#‎Ghostbusters‬ ‪#‎SDCC‬
How do we get the collector's version? They only have the hardcover standard edition on Amazon and here on GBFans...
Rockerrob69 liked this
Heroic35 wrote:I think the stone tablet collector's edition might be a bit of a joke? Reading too much into this sarcasm?

Either way, this has been on my want list for about a year now. I love the TMNT book that came out.
Hmmm... you may be right, now that I read it again... =P
The first glimmer I heard of the Gozer doors case for the book was from a guy named Jeff Lewis on FB, who shared this alternate pic by the Southland Ghostbusters:

Jeff wrote, "Looks like Ghostbusters Ultimate Visual Guide special edition will come in a Gozer Temple Door Case. Gozer Temple Doors that will actually arrive when you order them!"

Checking the time, he posted this about six hours after Dan's tweet, but maybe the Southland GB's who were in attendance can tell us more of how it was worded at SDCC.

As for providing images to the editor, I think several of us fans have made contributions. I can't wait to see the finished results.

Alex
If the Gozer door isn't a joke, it's going to be a huge package to ship! I dig the frame in the prototype mockup.

I'm really liking the revised cover design. The green slime dripping just wasn't cutting it. It also sounds like the paper extras were improved a bit. Most of it during the announcement was in-universe stuff, and it sounds like it's more production material now. Cool!

Alex, have you spoke to Dan any about content? Anything wild for the hardcore fan, or is this geared more at the average consumer? From what was posted above, I'm not sure I have ever seen the Yellow Cab 1A concept in color before. Sweet!
Its anything and everything. Spanning the history of the franchise. I am sure many of us uber nerds will know alot of the info already but I am hoping they dig up new info. New interviews are always great to hear. The only info I know is that there is a chapter in the real Ghostbusters cartoon. I know their intent was to interview actors and anyone who had to do with production on any of the Ghostbusters things to date. Films, extreme Ghostbusters, real Ghostbusters, toys, comics etc.
If you look at that tmnt book or even some of their other recent books you'll get an idea for the content they're after. Sounds like Ivan reitman is doing the intro for the book. Erik Burnham has something to do with a Tobin's spirit guide instert I heard.
My friend on FB sent me a link to an online article from last year that shows photos of a mockup of the book.

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/54196/ ... erica-2014

I just hope this awesome color pic of Harold, Rick, Annie and Dan survives into the real book as well.

I vaguely recall hearing that Dan replaced another author for this book, but Drew McWeeny sounds like a fake placeholder name to me. Is that a real author?

Alex
Alex Newborn wrote:I vaguely recall hearing that Dan replaced another author for this book, but Drew McWeeny sounds like a fake placeholder name to me. Is that a real author?
Yeah, McWeeny is a real writer. He started at Aint It Cool as Quint and currently runs the Hitflix website.

Cool mockup shots! I'm shocked they're just now popping up here.
Ah, okay. I had never heard of him under the D.W. name, but of course I've heard of Quint.

~~~

I commented in the other thread, but I'll say it here, too...

"For those who haven't paid attention to the two top threads in this category, wouldn't these two things go great together?"

Alex
Didn't Matty Collector have a display like that at SDCC a few years ago with the figures displayed on the rooftop? A must have and surprised Matty didn't release it!

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]