Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
Would you be able to do those enlarged Scoleri brothers in a colored translucent plastic? That alone would make them very appealing to me since Mattel's don't match, and you can't paint them to match each other without losing the translucence. Of course the added size would also be very nice.
rahum liked this
CaptCyan wrote:Hydrospan is fun stuff. You may wish to line up a few different things to enlarge as it tends to go bad rather quickly. Maybe a 1/6 scale Slimer or two to go with the 12" Busters?
I was thinking the same thing to a degree. I have a custom RGB Slimer that I made 10 years ago when I was just repainting my old Kenner figures, which I'd like to cast and adapt to the six inch scale. That and I want to upscale the one that came with Sam Hain and Janine. The Scoleri Brothers are also on my short list. My ultimate goal though is to take the new Ecto-1 Model kit and cast the pieces in hydrospan and enlarge the model to 1:12 scale. It can be done, I've done the math, lol. I only have to cast it and remold it twice. :sigh:
dtblack wrote:Would you be able to do those enlarged Scoleri brothers in a colored translucent plastic? That alone would make them very appealing to me since Mattel's don't match, and you can't paint them to match each other without losing the translucence. Of course the added size would also be very nice.
I'm thinking solid rotocast type figures cast in clear then painted with translucent paints. I have a nice set of them from when I customized Marvel Legends figures and they are still good. I can provide names and numbers if anyone cares. :whatever:

On topic, I have been teaching myself how to use Google Sketch Up and I am very happy with how my pack is coming along. I am going to begin the thrower tomorrow night as I will be out of town on business for a training school and I'll br staying in a hotel in Manitowoc, WI all week, with one of my bosses, without a rental car. :boogieman:

Wish me luck!

Mark- Myers' Farms Online!
myersfarmsonline wrote:My ultimate goal though is to take the new Ecto-1 Model kit and cast the pieces in hydrospan and enlarge the model to 1:12 scale. It can be done, I've done the math, lol. I only have to cast it and remold it twice. :sigh
That would be the most incredible thing ever.

On a different note, do you think it would be possible to do a torso with some of the length removed for Louis? The method people have been using so far is to just take the length out at the boots, but I I'm not sure how I feel about his proportions using that method. This is a quick mock up I did in photoshop with the length removed at the torso, which I think I like better.

This method would also allow people to use Venkman's untucked legs
dtblack wrote:
myersfarmsonline wrote:My ultimate goal though is to take the new Ecto-1 Model kit and cast the pieces in hydrospan and enlarge the model to 1:12 scale. It can be done, I've done the math, lol. I only have to cast it and remold it twice. :sigh
That would be the most incredible thing ever.

On a different note, do you think it would be possible to do a torso with some of the length removed for Louis? The method people have been using so far is to just take the length out at the boots, but I I'm not sure how I feel about his proportions using that method. This is a quick mock up I did in photoshop with the length removed at the torso, which I think I like better.

I've seen several people chop up a GB base body to make a custom GB2 Louis, I would love a tutorial cause I want to do this but I dont know how...
Ectofiend666 wrote:Even if you choose to not sell casts of the figures, I'd definately be in for the pack (x4) and trap, if you were so inclined...If you go full tilt, in for all of it ;-)...
I am currently "building" the Proton Pack and Thrower in SketchUp in the hopes that I can make them available through Shapeways like Tom Servo did with his trap, goggles and RGB PKE Meter. I will post pics of the design as soon as I finish them. I've been working on them for close to a month here and there, and I'm nearly done. I'll start the trap next and maybe the RGB goggles if anyone wants them.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
joeghostbuster wrote:
dtblack wrote: That would be the most incredible thing ever.

I've seen several people chop up a GB base body to make a custom GB2 Louis, I would love a tutorial cause I want to do this but I dont know how...
I would like a tutorial as well. Are Louis' legs untucked in the movie?

joeghostbuster wrote:Image

the only other thing is that the extra Louis GB1 head with the messy hair doesnt match the slicked back hair he has in GB 2... and the ear muffs of course...
Agreed, I'm planning on a mash-up of the new Star Trek's Sulu's head, and Louis' face to try and capture the look. I'll do a digital mock-up to show what I mean tomorrow sometime.

Gang-
I've been fairly busy with work and the holidays, but I did find time between projects to wip up these little beauties:

http://www.shapeways.com/model/787928/p ... r.html?li=

http://www.shapeways.com/model/787943/p ... material=6

I know they're not perfect, but I wanted to see what people thought. I am still learning how to use SketchUp, but I am very happy with how they look so far. I purposely left the hoses off the obvious areas, but they can be added after the fact to make each pack more unique. I will put together step-by-step instructions for how to finish the pack and thrower once I receive the ones I ordered, but in the meantime please enjoy.

Please note I am advising that no one buy these items until I have received my test prints and concluded that they are the scale that they are supposed to be.

Speaking of buying these things, I am not putting any kind of mark up on the pieces as I wanted to make them available to anyone that wanted them. Like I said from the get go I've wanted these figures simce I was seven years old, and I wanted to make them available to anyone else who wanted them.

When I can get the time I am going to try and design the RGB style torsos (without nametags) and the heads of each character so that they can be made more readily available to those who want them. This is also how I will be solving the issue of Egon and Janine's Glasses. I'd like to offer a whole line of 6" scale glasses that we'll all be able to use for our own custom busters! Wish me luck.

:vinzclortho:
By CaptCyan
myersfarmsonline wrote:When I can get the time I am going to try and design the RGB style torsos (without nametags) and the heads of each character so that they can be made more readily available to those who want them. This is also how I will be solving the issue of Egon and Janine's Glasses. I'd like to offer a whole line of 6" scale glasses that we'll all be able to use for our own custom busters! Wish me luck.
Hey MFOL!

Checked out your RGB Pack and it looks good. Could you post up some front and side shots to show the details, the rotating image is nice but static shots would be easier to view.

The choice of Frosted Ultra Detail would be the best build material once people start to order them. I did a test between that and the Black Detail on Tom Servo's Goggle thread:

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 90&t=30715

Big :nicejobyoudid: on the Glasses idea. Can't wait for that. Good luck!
CaptCyan wrote:Hey MFOL!

Checked out your RGB Pack and it looks good. Could you post up some front and side shots to show the details, the rotating image is nice but static shots would be easier to view.

The choice of Frosted Ultra Detail would be the best build material once people start to order them. I did a test between that and the Black Detail on Tom Servo's Goggle thread:

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 90&t=30715

Big :nicejobyoudid: on the Glasses idea. Can't wait for that. Good luck!
Thanks Capt-
I agree with the Frosted Ultra Detail, it's a little expensive, but I think it will be worth it in the long run. Like I said, I'm not 100% satisfied with the end result, but I can always correct the issues and then reload the file to Shapeways. This is why I really wanted to stress that I didn't want anyone to buy anything until I said it was okay to do so. I really wouldn't want anyone to spend the money only to be disapointed. I have PM'd Tom Servo about how to make the static pictures of the images as I would like to display the pack/throwe from all sides (and right side up, lol).

The glassses thing I've had in my head for years, but it really came to a head when I started looking at available glasses in the 6" scale and discovered that my choices were either limited or expensive and I think we as a community can do better.
:sigh:

I'm visiting the folks for the holiday and I will have end of the month stuff to deal with next week at work, but I am still going to try and squeeze in some time to design a pair of glasses as soon as I can. Wish me luck!
CaptCyan liked this
We're Back!

For those who may have thought that I have abandoned this project I come bearing great news. I have been learning and improving my Proton Pack design for the RGB's so without further delay I present the pics!

The Pack:

The Motherboard:

The Neutrona Wand:

I am especially proud of how the wand will connect to the pack. I was able to put a recessed area into the thrower that will slip over the pack bracket. I know it isn't 100% Cartoon accurate this way, but I never could figure out how it worked in the real world and the model sheet was of no help in that department, lol. I really tried to duplicate everything found on the original Prop Model sheets that I could, and I think that I came pretty darn close. The Pack is in three pieces (obviously) so that it will be hollow, and hopefully cost less to print. I'm not certain if lights could be put in them at this size, but that was more of a "Wouldn't it be cool If?" scenario anyway. I am having some difficulties with uploading the files to Shapeways for some reason at the moment even though I have run them through Accutrans and corrected the errors and even checked them in Blender to make sure they opened okay. In fact the only place I have any issues is after I upload the models to Shapeways. I have contacted their support team so hopefully soon I can print the test pieces out and let you all know how they came out. Dave be on the look out for another PM from me so I can pick your brain some more. :cool:

Thanks for enabling my insanity once again, and don't forget to tell me what you think!

Bonus Pic:
I had a friend of mine work this up for me last night as a test to see if he could produce it on his milling machine. I really like how the piece kind of looks old school, like if Kenner had seen what the finalized packs for the cartoon were going to look like then maybe this is what we would have seen on those figures. I'm thinking of having him make it up for me so I can cast them up and update some old RGB figures with the new packs but keep the toy throwers with the twirling stream. I'll let you all know if I decide to pursue this avenue as I'll have to do some reworking of the pack design to accommodate the way the thrower attached to the Kenner packs.
CaptCyan liked this
My custom Louis Tully Ghostbuster 2 Figure. It is actually a combination of four figures. Head from Vinz Clortho, body from Egon Spengler, arms from Slime Blower Winston, and legs from Peter Venkman. Sculpted the hair on the Vinz figure with epoxy putty and painted it with Testors paint. Popped open the torso of the Egon figure to remove the arms and to shorten the torso. Then I used a exra Slime Blower Winston for the GB 2 arm patch and the gloved hands. The final step was to cut the legs at the joint and shorten it a tad on the Egon figure and then glue the peg on and snap the Peter figure untucked lower legs on. Took some time to finish but time is what you need to remember to make a great custom.
Hey MFOL!

Outstanding job you did on the RGB Packs :nicejobyoudid: now I can't wait untill you have one printer out.

I notice on the Motherboard that you have some slotted sections for straps. Are they something you're going to on shapeways?

Outstanding job you did on the RGB Packs :nicejobyoudid: now I can't wait untill you have one printer out.

I notice on the Motherboard that you have some slotted sections for straps. Are they something you're going to on shapeways?
Thanks Capt! I really appreciate the support. I'm pretty happy with how the pieces have turned out. I think I'm going to revisit my motherboard design a bit though. I'd like to add the straps to the design so I can have the pack printed in as few pieces as possible. Given what I was able to do with attaching the thrower to the pack (making the bracket friction based, thanks for the inspiration, Dave.) I think I can confidently create a properly closing buckle too. That will be this weeks part of the project, lol. I will also be starting the trap this week as well as the belt gizmo. Now that I have a better idea of what SketchUp can do I'm really having a blast working on these things. Do you guys think I should try to make the Ecto Goggles in SketchUp too? I haven't forgotten my plans to make glasses either, I've just been really focused on the pack. Thanks again for the feedback.
MFOL!
CaptCyan liked this
Hey gang!
Contrary to popular belief I have not fallen off the face of the Earth. In fact, much like Santa I have been toiling away in my workshop/cubical and I have a whole slew of new goodies to share, including an all new RGB Ghost Trap, with removeable cartridge; an updated Thrower, and Proton Pack, plus pack straps and belts with hooks and belt gizmos attached. Please take a look at the illustartion below, I have put it into montage format so crank your favorite inspirational 80's song, sit back and take a peek, as all of these items will soon be available at Myers' Farms Shapeways Shop!

Don't forget to tell me what you think, and thanks for looking!

MFOL!
Hey MFOL!

You've been quite the busy Elf. :lol: Nice to see you're giving the Glasses a shot, who gets the Squared off pair?

Also nice to see the RGB Ghost Trap show up. Will it be a "Belt Hanger" or be able to attach to the Proton Pack as in the 'Toon?

You've been quite the busy Elf. :lol: Nice to see you're giving the Glasses a shot, who gets the Squared off pair?

Also nice to see the RGB Ghost Trap show up. Will it be a "Belt Hanger" or be able to attach to the Proton Pack as in the 'Toon?
Thanks! The square glasses are for me, lol. As for the trap, it hangs from the pack like in the cartoon. I will post pics later in the week of how it all works together. I also have a couple of other surprises in store yet.

Back with an Update and just before the holidays.

Belt with Hook and Gizmo attached.

Pack Straps

Ghost Trap (The Trap and Peddle are not connected on the final item)

Ghost Trap with removeable cartridge.

As a fun little side project I also decided to update the RGB packs from Kenner:
They should just click right in just like the old style. I also have plans to update the thrower with a twirling stream like on the old toys, but with the cartoon look. Either that or I will upadate this design to allow for the old throwers to be attached.

Thanks for looking and don't forget to let me know what you think!
Mark-
Kingpin, jay192 liked this
Quick Mini Update:

Matty Scale Movie Style Proton Pack

My plan here is, with the help of the community, to gather as much reference from the video game as possible and to rework this design into the VG Pack. I also would like to make the VG PKE Meter and any other accessories that I can and make them available on Shapeways.

Anyone interested in any of this?

Mark-
Kingpin liked this
myersfarmsonline wrote:Back with an Update and just before the holidays.

Ghost Trap (The Trap and Peddle are not connected on the final item)

Ghost Trap with removeable cartridge.

They should just click right in just like the old style. I also have plans to update the thrower with a twirling stream like on the old toys, but with the cartoon look. Either that or I will upadate this design to allow for the old throwers to be attached.

Thanks for looking and don't forget to let me know what you think!
Mark-
Hey MFOL!

Question/suggestion about the RGB Traps and Peddle. I see in the first pic there is a joiner between the Trap and Peddle but in the 2nd pic there are only the Couplings at their ends. My suggestion would be to leave the joiners so they could act as such, that way they could be stuffed and glued inside flexible tubing to connect the 2 parts. Bet you though of that already. :wink:

When can we see some printed out?

Merry Christmas!

Capt
My suggestion would be to leave the joiners so they could act as such, that way they could be stuffed and glued inside flexible tubing to connect the 2 parts. Bet you though of that already. :wink:

When can we see some printed out?

Merry Christmas!

Capt
Capt-
I did indeed, lol. In fact, that was my plan. Unfortunately when I tried to have them printed it was that "sprue" part that kept me from being able to have them printed. Apparently, now that I've deleted it from the design it can be printed. Go figure. :sigh:

As to when they get printed I have an order in for the Matty RGB pack, the Updated Kenner pack (both with traps), the new Goggles and a set of straps with the belt. I figured that there was no sense in ordering all the pieces for all of the figures until I see if they are the correct size. Wish me luck that they arrive before the end of next month, lol.

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]

Hard to tell if it’s an actual black fligh[…]