Post your suggestions or feedback about the site here.
So I've been experiencing an odd occurrance, which I wanted to see if anyone else had seen. The past week and a bit I've noticed on several occasions that whenever I'd written "Ghostbusters" in a post here... It appears to become a hyperlink which I hadn't created.

My first instinct was to suspect a browser hijack (I'm currently using Firefox), but I wanted to see if anyone else had been experiencing the same thing I had.
Kingpin wrote: June 10th, 2019, 2:29 pm Interesting that it's popping up with Chrome and Firefox. I first noticed it after one of the recent updates to Firefox.
Did we ever figure out what's happening here? It's still going on and not just with "Ghostbusters". Quite a few movies I reference have an links appear one moment, then disappear the next. I'm using Safari on an IPad. I mentioned Batman and Lethal Weapon and both hyperlinked in a post.

Seems to be a major breach of security. Is anything happening on this front?
Kingpin wrote: August 19th, 2019, 1:52 pm I think AJ speculated it may be one of the bits of advertising software built into the forum. I don't know if there is anything that can be done about it at this juncture.
So I mentioned this to a web developer friend of mine, that this website I use is linking to funky pages in the text and he mentioned that someone at the GBfans is probably making ad revenue off this. And if you were to purchase something from one of the linked places that the site is probably getting a small amount of revenue from that sale. Kind of like amazon does.

So whoever the site owner is(is it AJ or is he just the top moderator?), if they aren’t getting money from these links, someone is.

If this is the case, that the site is generating ad revenue from these links, it might be a good idea to be upfront about it. Maybe say something somewhere like “It costs money to run a website like GBfans so we’ve implemented an advertising tool which links to a website whenever certain keywords are used in the forum. Proceeds from this help keep GBfans up and running without the need for pop up ads blah blah blah”. Perhaps in the FAQ section. I don’t know.
Kingpin wrote: April 7th, 2020, 8:06 pm AJ owns and operates the site and forum.
Gotcha. Well AJ, like I mentioned earlier, perhaps consider explaining the embedded ad links in a FAQ? Maybe? It couldn’t hurt since the Mods were unaware of what the cause was. In fact if you do get any revenue from sales made via the links it might increase ad revenue as users would be encouraged to make purchases from the links in order to help you and the site. Win-win for everyone.

Anyways, it’s good to have the mystery solved at least.

Cheers.
I just went and evaluated the whole embedded links situation. The revenue was not worth it to allow it to continue. Basically one person becoming a supporting member, would help generate more revenue for the site in total than those links ever would have.

Going forward there, hopefully should be no phantom links sprouting up. (I am not 100% certain that is true on the Tapatalk app).

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]