Have you accumulated a huge Ghostbusters Collection? Talk about what you have and show it off!
By Flash.Bogreen
Epic collection man. As someone that's new to collecting GB, I only have like 4 items and a couple on order, I seen alot of toys there I recognized from my childhood collection. Damn my mother for making me give to goodwill. Hope to rival your collection someday, looking at yours though, that won't be for a good 10-15 years of solid collecting. Props man.
By Heroic35
Thanks and for what it is worth, it took me only 2-3 years of collecting to get here. Just piece by piece.

The most important thing is to have rules as well. I try not to have duplicates of things as it takes up useful space. I also like the movies more than the cartoons so RGB makes up a small part of my collection other than what I fondly remember as a kid or what I wanted but never got. Of course this leads me to the "I am almost there so just complete it" phase.
By Flash.Bogreen
Only 2-3 years? Did I say props man? Because seriously props man. I've started with a 'tools of the GB' retro poster set & I've ordered neon no ghost light and stay puft bank. I'll have to post some pics in a couple months when it's large enough to not be embarassing.
By Heroic35
Completed the Monsters series with the Mummy.

"I love this town" mini mates from the GBfans shop!

And believe it or not, I now just got the movie posters to go alongside GB:TVG poster.
By Smeghead
That's an impressive collection you have there. And I bet the best part of it all is seeing people's reaction when they visit for the first time.

But no dancing toaster to go with your jars of slime? :P
By Alex Newborn
Heroic35 wrote:Image
Stay-Puft's face is all smoothe. I've never seen one like that before, what's the story on him?

Alex
By Heroic35
Smeghead wrote:That's an impressive collection you have there. And I bet the best part of it all is seeing people's reaction when they visit for the first time.

But no dancing toaster to go with your jars of slime? :P

No toaster yet. Still trying to find the Sniffer 300 as well as the Beckman Electrode Model G to go down here. Those would look great on the bar that is being built in the coming months.

The best reaction was when I was moving in here and had the proton pack put on the wall. Everything else was packed away and I had just put the green stripes and brass coatings on the poles. I had DirecTV installers come and hook up my TVs and they stepped down here and I was asked what the hell the big box on the wall was. I told them it keeps my cockroaches out of that room. Then we talked about what it really was and they were super stoked. They had to call into the Customer Support Center for DirecTV and name the rooms that the receivers were in and that is where the lame name of "ECTO MAN CAVE" came from. They also tossed in a "Who ya gonna call?" to the CC operator.

Alex Newborn wrote:
Heroic35 wrote:Image
Stay-Puft's face is all smoothe. I've never seen one like that before, what's the story on him?

Alex
Mr. Stay Puft is a place holder for the 1980s version that you are thinking of. This little guy was the stress reliever version that was a premium for pre-ordering the GB:TVG. I have two versions of him. One in the mesh netting and the other out of it. I was the only one to pre-order it from Movie Gallery in my small town (prior to GameStop moving in a few years later) and they just gave me all the Stay Pufts that they were shipped. Kinda neat.

I did a small lighting update today to replace really crappy options with white Christmas lights. Now the GB 12" figures get proper lighting as my cabinet did. I bought 12" expansion LED bars for the system that controls my display cabinet so both displays will dance to music and change colors if I want or I can just keep them lit up with whatever I feel like. I do enjoy the green. :)

Also while I was at Lowe's, I grabbed more caution tape to decorate the sides of the display to add a bit more of the GB effect.

For anyone looking to do this option, here is what I am using from Lowe's. It can be found in the aisle where they keep ceiling fan options.

Cyron Lighting Plug-In Cabinet LED Light Bar Kit:http://www.lowes.com/pd_696-24994-HTP90 ... facetInfo=

And I also added two loose Screaming Heroes of Janine and Peter to the RGB bottom shelf but nothing really worth taking a photo of until I add more to it.
By Smeghead
Hehe, brilliant. I get similar reactions from people when they see my Lego room. It's what makes it all worth it. Keep up the good geeking!
By Heroic35
Smeghead wrote:Hehe, brilliant. I get similar reactions from people when they see my Lego room. It's what makes it all worth it. Keep up the good geeking!

Lego room?! I'm intrigued now
By Smeghead
Ah, I wouldn't want to go hijacking your glory in this thread. ;) But if you are interested, I guess I could start a topic somewhere once I've settled in round here.
By Heroic35
I took some time off from here (albeit checking in once and a while) as I was busy with the completion of a project. I decided to go with the brick pattern of the bar to match the exterior of the firehouse and keep it a bit classy in case we do ever sell this place.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the bar section of my GB firehouse man cave*!

Image:

*This was all done with a Skil saw, cordless drill, tile trowel/float and a handsaw. Seriously, I own NO power tools besides a Skil Saw and a Cordless Drill. I have never done any type of tiling or even built something like "this" before. Feeling pretty accomplished.
By pyhasanon
Heroic35 wrote:Added the StrangeKidsClub.com print to it:

Dude, that looks awesome!

Edit: Ugh... Just looked it up, no longer available, was limited to 50 posters... Sigh... Anybody got one that they're willing to give up? Probably not, just thought I'd ask... LOL! =P
By Heroic35
kaison wrote:I love your cave man! I't a dream for many ghostheads (like me!)

Thanks! It's great to hear that from other fans. Now if I could just find an old Hardees GB2 banner for down here, I'd be set!
By Heroic35
I am starting to collect patches from various chapters to represent in this man cave. The first of my collection: (And yes Kaison, your enamel pins started this idea.)

By Heroic35
As shown earlier, I had a dumpy looking garage plastic shelf for a display kit. With the bar installed, it doesn't fit. Time for an upgrade.

I went and did a new design to keep it a bit modern industrial in this room. I did this by grabbing some threaded 1/2" metal roads, bolts and shelf pieces to create this. And by the way, the led light kit I'd remote controlled and the controller affects both the figure display and new shelf. Had go also rearrange the art work hanging on the wall but I think the autos under led look great.

I also added the 24" Stay Puft as a bar mate:

And grabbed a few retro RGB and loose GB2 guys from an eBay lot auction to the mix:
John Stevens 87 liked this
By Heroic35
Hoot wrote:Where'd you get those prints of the guys?
The quote/silhouettes came from my wife as an Xmas gift. I believe she got them from a UK Etsy shop by the name of 35&Oak.
By Heroic35
Thanks for all the compliments as it fuels the projects.

Currently up in planning mode are a few projects:

- ECTO-1B from old Kenner ECTO. Thanks to CaptCyan for the decals!
- Watching this ECU build in "Other Props" and eagerly awaiting to see the final outcome as no GB man cave isn't truly complete without a place to store all the Slimers we catch.
- Just bought a white Ford Edge. Hmmmm... was that color choice by accident?
By darthbuster
Wow what a great collection, I like how you have everything displayed in the room. Also it is a very well rounded collection, posters, autographs, toys, props etc. nice job! I would really love to meet Dan and Ernie some day. Awesome.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]