By btnkdrms
The Official Franchise Registration for has gone live, courtesy of Ghost Corps.

The form does require names and information that could be considered personal/private details.

Is this a cause for concern? Yeah, it can be, that’s why we ask questions like:

What is going to happen with that information provided
Is this something GhostCorps and Sony/Columbia keep private?
Will (personal) information be part of a public record?

And the folks at Ghost Corps dutifully answered thus:

It (information provided) will be private, eventually we might make a public contact form for groups who want to be listed in an annual registry of some sort, but we will let you know that beforehand and give people that option.

So hopefully this will help answer the question of the form’s legitimacy and function/purpose.

As always, this is still the internet so do be mindful of what and how you share your information. Also, as a Ghostbusters franchise, the reality is we are playing with someone else’s toys in the sandbox, and need to be mindful of that privilege in how we conduct ourselves accordingly. We all share the culture and community and we are here to help each other out –this can be HUGE!

- Lex San (BtnkDRMS)
Pacific Northwest Ghostbusters
By djsparky
I just think it's worth pointing out that this is the same Sony that had a huge data breach in 2014.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Pict ... nment_hack

"In December 2014, Sony requested that the media stop covering the hack.[3] Sony also threatened legal action if the media did not comply, but according to law professor Eugene Volokh, Sony's legal threats are "unlikely to prevail".[96] Sony then threatened legal action against Twitter if it did not suspend accounts of people who posted the hacked material.[97] American screenwriter Aaron Sorkin wrote an op-ed for The New York Times opining that the media was helping the hackers by publishing and reporting on the leaked information.[98] On December 18, Reddit took the unusual step of banning a subpage called "SonyGOP" that was being used to distribute the hacked files.[99]"

It effected at least 47,000 people.
And their initial response to the breach was to delay admitting it was a problem, and then to ask the media to not report it. All this while it was being posted all over the internet.

I just feel the need to post this so people are informed to make their own decisions.
By pyhasanon
Not like they can do much to me with the information we give them, Sony has more information on me from my PSN Account than they do from this registration... I'm screwed either way... LOL
By DarkSpectre
pyhasanon wrote:Not like they can do much to me with the information we give them, Sony has more information on me from my PSN Account than they do from this registration... I'm screwed either way... LOL
That's kinda what I was getting at too, Phil. They really only asked for emails and an address to send a certificate to (which is pretty bad ass actually)
By btnkdrms
djsparky wrote:I just think it's worth pointing out that this is the same Sony that had a huge data breach in 2014.
That was a hundred internets ago and an internal issue

How it got handled for PNWGB - I submitted member names for anyone who wanted to participate and routed the emails to a franchise account - done and done

Not hard - everyone gets to participate and none of their private data has been compromised.
By djsparky
pyhasanon wrote:Not like they can do much to me with the information we give them, Sony has more information on me from my PSN Account than they do from this registration... I'm screwed either way... LOL

I hear that. So much info is out there. I just felt the need to point it out. I have a healthy distrust of multi-million dollar companies doing stuff out of the kindness of their heart. It may be part of a viral marketing campaign-which isn't a bad thing, and may be cool. But just wanted to put the grain of salt out there.
By btnkdrms
Yeah, it's true .. It's part of a bigger plan for Ghostheads presence to endorse/promote their movie .. Kind of how the 501st suiting up and trooping is effectively free advertising for Lucasfilm/Disney to promote all things Star Wars
By goldenhawk
Well, they have addresses to send the Franchise Certificate or the Cease and Desist Notice.
By featofstrength
pyhasanon wrote:From what we've heard, they should be "coming soon"... along with the cadet pins...
Cadet pins? Oh shit...I hope I got everyone in the group covered on the application.
By SpaceBallz
Anybody get their certificates/pins yet? I heard they started shipping last Friday but I haven't seen anything yet.
By pyhasanon
Well, a couple of weeks ago, a couple of registered franchises were given an all expense paid trip to the Ghost Corps office in LA for the trailer premiere with Ivan Reitman, Paul Feig and Katie Dippold... All registered franchises will receive a certificate personally signed by Ivan Reitman... The franchises present at the premiere were also presented with their certificates personally by Ivan...
By pyhasanon
DarkSpectre wrote:I'm starting to think they're only shipping out to teams that support the new film, That's what the meet and greet was. Sends a nice message doesn't it?
Not true at all... there were some people at the event who didn't care for the reboot at all... And there were some really active supporters of the reboot who didn't get an invite either...
By SpaceBallz
If Ivan is signing them personally I can see why there's a wait.
By btnkdrms
Nassik wrote:What's the point of registration...

A certificate?
A sense of legitimacy?

I'm genuinely curious.
I registered for the team - I feel it does kind of adds a sense of legitimacy because it's Ghost Corps
By SpaceBallz
Being officially sanctioned by Sony and the people that created Ghostbusters doesn't hurt either.
By pyhasanon
It sure didn't hurt the guys who got selected to fly to LA for the trailer premier... Whether you like the reboot or not, that's really damn cool... Considering a good amount of them came from the East Coast, that's a good amount of money for Ghost Corps to spend on the fans...

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]