By AJ Quick
Guys. I'm tired of seeing this, as I'm sure many of you are. I just got a "friend request" from another Ghostbusters franchise on Facebook. Ghostbusters franchises are NOT people. You are not supposed to create a person profile for your franchise!

Here is what my request page looks like on Facebook..

What you are supposed to do is what Ghostbusters Fans has done. Create a "page" on Facebook for your Franchise. Details on how to do that are located here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php

That way you can have people like your franchise and share information that way (publically). You don't want to create a new account for your franchise. If you are doing that, you are going about it the wrong way.
By RPMs
AJ Quick wrote:Ghostbusters franchises are NOT people.
I'm glad this bothers you as much as it bothers me. It's so simple to create a "page" and yet very few franchises do it. With the new features being added to pages now, it's a lot easier to communicate with all of the people who "like" your franchise. Thanks for posting this AJ.
Zack wrote:
AJ Quick wrote:Ghostbusters franchises are NOT people.
Soylent Green on the other hand...
QFT!

I'm tired of the "franchise as a person" requests, too. I've started declining most of them. We have a page, not a profile.
By keoni
I had a fan page, but it is pretty limited in what you can do with it compared to an actual profile, actual profiles give way to more customization and freedom on how you want to present your group. an example is tagging pictures; I want people to be able to tag Galena Ghostbusters in pics and you arent able to do that with fan/group pages. another example, with the way the friends list are now, I can list all franchises who are friends in a 'friends list' and have it displayed for other people to see and add as well; I have the same with local businesses that have made actual profiles for their business instead of fan pages. It works like advertisement in a way.
Can you link twitter to update your facebook page?
Can you upload event pictures to your facebook page from a mobile phone during an event to promote it?
Can someone private message you on facebook via a page?
Should you claim to be legitilmate organization considering the copyrite issues?
Is it fraud to register non-profit organization on facebook when you don't have 501C status?

Most of all, can you transfer over 1,200 followers from a 3 year old profile page that generates a following to charity events?

Once the answer to all of thosequestions is yes, sign me up.

I tried a page when they first made the split. Deleted it after a week, it was horrible. Maybe it's better now, but why hit the reset button on such a valuable tool for promoting the charity events we attend?

As for the professional comment, GB franchises may conduct themselves as professionals, but keep in mind, we're all people running around in 80's movie costumes trying to say what team we're on. Yes, a lot of us use tools at our disposal to stay in touch with one another and raise funds for charity, but a facebook page is just a professional as the fake business cards every franchise hands out.
What will be really fancy is when Facebook cracks down on this and decides to delete the account because it violates their TOS. No worries then.
GhostbustersNJ wrote:
Can you link twitter to update your facebook page?
the leftovers fan page is connected to twitter.
Can you upload event pictures to your facebook page from a mobile phone during an event to promote it?
if you can put it on your page, you can do it the same way to your fan page.
Can someone private message you on facebook via a page?
you couldnt before? what are these messages i get?
Should you claim to be legitilmate organization considering the copyrite issues?
are you serious? with all the problems with people and sony lately?
Is it fraud to register non-profit organization on facebook when you don't have 501C status?
are you serious? with all the problems with people and sony lately?
Most of all, can you transfer over 1,200 followers from a 3 year old profile page that generates a following to charity events?
"Hey everyone! we've started a fan and group page! join up! here's the new link!" and then you'll know who was more into it that just clicking a like button.
As for the professional comment, GB franchises may conduct themselves as professionals, but keep in mind, we're all people running around in 80's movie costumes trying to say what team we're on. Yes, a lot of us use tools at our disposal to stay in touch with one another and raise funds for charity, but a facebook page is just a professional as the fake business cards every franchise hands out.
correct, we're all just a bunch of adults running around in costumes from an 80's movie, why are you compelled to do charity work in a costume vs not being in a costume?
GhostbustersNJ wrote:Can you link twitter to update your facebook page?
Yes. GBFans has been doing that from the start.
GhostbustersNJ wrote:Can you upload event pictures to your facebook page from a mobile phone during an event to promote it?
Yes. Although perhaps only via a mobile browser. The Facebook app is somewhat limited. Note that if you are using a profile you really aren't promoting much, only to people who have you on your friends list. Pages can be seen by all.
GhostbustersNJ wrote:Can someone private message you on facebook via a page?
I'm not sure.
GhostbustersNJ wrote:Should you claim to be legitilmate organization considering the copyrite issues?
Who said you were claiming to be a legitimate organization. There are many different categories you can sign up as. For example GBFans is signed up as a "Website".
GhostbustersNJ wrote:Is it fraud to register non-profit organization on facebook when you don't have 501C status?
Who said you are signing up as a 501C organization? You don't have to.
Ah, seems the fan pages have improved quite a bit since I nixed ours.
Thanks for the updates.

I've seen GB pages listed as Non-Profit Organizations on Facebook, definately should be careful about that.

I will play with it again this weekend, hopefully migrating the albums won't be too much of a job.
GhostbustersNJ wrote:
I've seen GB pages listed as Non-Profit Organizations on Facebook, definately should be careful about that.
A nonprofit organization (abbreviated as NPO, also known as a not-for-profit organization[1]) is an organization that does not distribute its surplus funds to owners or shareholders, but instead uses them to help pursue its goals.[2] Examples of NPOs include charities (i.e., charitable organizations), trade unions and public arts organizations. Most governments and government agencies meet this definition, but in most countries they are considered a separate type of organization and not counted as NPOs. In most countries, NPOs are exempt from income and property taxation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonprofit_organization

No one is claiming to be a 501c3. . .
Honestly its just as simple to start it as a group. then you can make it private or open your groups choice.
if you look to the Left side of the facebook page on your profile it has a tab for create group.
Sledge wrote:Honestly its just as simple to start it as a group. then you can make it private or open your groups choice.
if you look to the Left side of the facebook page on your profile it has a tab for create group.
No not at all.

Thats for a group not a fan page.

That is hard for people to find and difficult to keep tabs on.

Yep, and nightmare on elm street dream warriors.

You can see our Paranormal Boots in action here: […]

Ghostheads

Ghostheads is SO bad. So cringe. Not even in a g[…]

The opening post contain a lot information. Quick […]