Some_Guy wrote:The coin did start off as mostly a joke, then it developed into much more then that.

Go read his creepy role plays, go read when he was asking for a "Winston for the Real Chicago Ghostbusters", when he harassed at LEAST 30 prop builders to make him a proton pack for free.

We don't want someone like this in the community. And if you can't see the reasons why we don't want him in the community, then I'm just at a loss for words.
Read whatever that Josh posted here a little bit ago at GBfans. I don't really know the whole prop thing as I don't see why a fan has to build props.
ProtonCharger wrote:i think it would be best if you took a moment and stopped replying to this thread.

obviously, you're not capable of understanding a very serious situation.
I think I did come at you a bit too much, (tho you take cheap shots at everyone including me all the time). I think I'll take your advice. I tend to let my emotions get the best of me, and until tonight I was avoiding this topic. I do feel that the community is very unwelcoming to new people. Anyways Enough of my mindless chatter. I'll save my frustration for my next fanart.
Let me first state that I tend to stay out of these disputes. But this guy has been poking my wife on facebook for weeks and I had first hand experience with him here in the forums:
devilmanozzy wrote: Read whatever that Josh posted here a little bit ago at GBfans. I don't really know the whole prop thing as I don't see why a fan has to build props.
It was to the point of harassment. We're not knocking a guy because he wants to buy something, we're knocking him because he was expecting something for nothing.
devilmanozzy wrote: I do feel that is community is very unwelcoming to new people.
It is not NEW PEOPLE. Its STUPID PEOPLE. We held his hand for days, and he did not listen. Instead, he acted as though it was EXPECTED free/inexpensive things from us. And when we said otherwise, he went ignorantly to the next prop builder. :roland: This translates to facebook as well. He is not interested in being people's friends, but imo, to lurk photos and comments until he gets what he wants.
ProtonCharger liked this
Hey, I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. I don't pass judgement on people without good cause. I've known people like Josh. Being passive aggressive with people like Josh doesn't work. He has been given the benefit of the doubt SEVERAL times from different groups, and each time he has acted in such a way that each group has kicked him out and they are left to try to rebuild the bridges he burnt.

Trust me, this isn't a "heavies" thing. I am the furthest from what anyone here would consider a heavy.
ProtonCharger liked this
For one - no one said a word about building props is a requirement. Also, it's simple as this - Vigor was, and is harassing people to join franchises, begging for free props, and what have you. That isn't tolerated on this site. PC was simply warning people about this individual, this isn't some kind of a conspiracy by the 'heavies' of the site. His posts alone on here kinda shows how much of an antagonist he is. He seems to like the negative attention. This is why the community doesn't want anything to do with him.
devilmanozzy.......Where is Proton charger attacking a Noob ???? this guys was thrown out of his own franchise for basically wanting everything for nothing, constantly pestering others for free bits and pieces, and generally causing shit if thing didnt go his way......

The last thing I want is to log on here and get pm's asking to join this, and asking if he can have that, it's purely annoying.........I am on a pension and don't have a lot of spare $$$ for my collection, but I don't go asking other members for free stuff, I save my pennies and then buy it or I trade, just like everyone else does........

This josh guy in unbalanced, and needs to have the brakes put on his antics, because if you let one slide, you will have to let them ALL Slide, and it will eventually get to the stage that coming on here would be purely unenjoyable.......Proton charger has every right to come on here and "warn" people about others who are potentially damaging towards this site.......

Next we will not be able to tell others about sellers who rip people off, even if they have proof for fear of being one of those "Wanks" as you put it, who blacklist others.......It's simple really ...if you don't like whats happening on here, don't come on........
i'm like the noobest of noobs in here and I was greeted really nice by most and a bit dry by a few. PC was friendly from the very start as have been most of the people Ive talked to.

I have to be honest that the first 2 days I felt a very hostile environment around the forums (NOT with or to me, mind you) in the tone of some posts here and there so I started cautiously reading those posts (along mostly what I could with the time available to me) and found out that what this place (generalizing here, sorry) has is a very low tolerance for dumb people.

You behave in a lazy assed manner (asking stuff you could've easily found with a few minutes of reading some posts in the areas of your interest) or just want stuff placed in a silver plate for you without any effort and you will have a hard time making friends in this place.

If the place was, as it was said above, unwelcoming to newbies I wouldn't be here. plain and simple. Newbs should take the time to read, learn, get a feel of the place ambiance and adapt. Common sense... although I learned some time ago that Common sense is the least Common of Senses.

Just wanted to throw my 2 cents on the way the community behaves around new guys and although it is clear the tolerance is VERY low with "slimers" some in them act with tolerance and guidance. at this point is very much a question of the new guys adapting or not. If he doesn't... well.
I was going to stay out of this thread because I often try not to involve myself in internet drama (not pointing fingers, I'm just sayin') until a few minutes ago when this happened:

How he "poked" me is a mystery because he's not on my friends list and I thought that most of my privacy settings were pretty strict. I guess I need to take another look at those.

I don't know from "dangerous" or "harmful" but I know that this Josh fellow is somewhat bent in the brain pan and I sincerely agree that we should all avoid him and make sure he doesn't have access to our friends lists like AJ has done (my personal list has been "friends only" for some time now anyway)
BSjohnson wrote:I was going to stay out of this thread because I often try not to involve myself in internet drama (not pointing fingers, I'm just sayin') until a few minutes ago when this happened:

How he "poked" me is a mystery because he's not on my friends list and I thought that most of my privacy settings were pretty strict. I guess I need to take another look at those.

I don't know from "dangerous" or "harmful" but I know that this Josh fellow is somewhat bent in the brain pan and I sincerely agree that we should all avoid him and make sure he doesn't have access to our friends lists like AJ has done (my personal list has been "friends only" for some time now anyway)

I rest my case devilmanozzy.
I was reading on FB the other day where one person defriended him..and he had a fit. He put out a post stating that he needed more friends because of it....everyone kept telling him to chill out and let people come to him with friend requests, but he went nuts over it.

I say stay away from the guy.....and don't dare let him back here.

Derek
I have ultimately decided to put ProtonCharger on ignore/block like the preset on the forum (for people looking in forum while not signed in). I don't know who decided that, but I see why that is the case. His sarcastic comments and grizzling attitude rubs me the wrong way. It's hard to look past that. This may be viewed as off topic or a flame, but I said it. People may think little of me doing it (and more for saying I did it in conversation) but the more I read ProtonChargers comments in the forum, the more I get annoyed.

As for the point of this thread, I am also avoiding Josh and am sorry to all that got mad at my comments. I don't like the idea of picking on people or viewpoints, but Josh is a clear different case after reading what BSjohnson posted. I admit I'm wrong on my first post. I admit my failings in this thread and "I am apologizing" for it here.

I sent a message to AJ as well that day apologizing for bashing GBFans yet again. I am a artist, and in many ways like Ray :blush: . I am a PR nightmare to the max, but thats how I am. Hate me if you wish, but I can't change who I am.

@ecto68: I read the sellers blacklist stuff here too. I usually can see why things are the way they are. But in a new world where facebook (which is hard to reference too, unlike forums and such) is becoming the place for fandom and such, it gets hard to believe or understand. Josh never contacted me, mostly cause I don't add many people in here. I was on the Leftovers list on facebook and thats how I found out about it. After all this, I removed myself (unliked) the Leftovers after this recent mess.

I have addressed all comments I am going to address. Stop dragging the horse, its dead already.
devilmanozzy wrote: I admit I'm wrong on my first post. I admit my failings in this thread and "I am apologizing" for it here. I sent a message to AJ as well that day apologizing for bashing GBFans yet again.
...wait, who are you again?
By Crix
devilmanozzy wrote:I have ultimately decided to put ProtonCharger on ignore/block like the preset on the forum (for people looking in forum while not signed in). I don't know who decided that, but I see why that is the case. His sarcastic comments and grizzling attitude rubs me the wrong way. It's hard to look past that. This may be viewed as off topic or a flame, but I said it. People may think little of me doing it (and more for saying I did it in conversation) but the more I read ProtonChargers comments in the forum, the more I get annoyed.

As for the point of this thread, I am also avoiding Josh and am sorry to all that got mad at my comments. I don't like the idea of picking on people or viewpoints, but Josh is a clear different case after reading what BSjohnson posted. I admit I'm wrong on my first post. I admit my failings in this thread and "I am apologizing" for it here.

I sent a message to AJ as well that day apologizing for bashing GBFans yet again. I am a artist, and in many ways like Ray :blush: . I am a PR nightmare to the max, but thats how I am. Hate me if you wish, but I can't change who I am.

@ecto68: I read the sellers blacklist stuff here too. I usually can see why things are the way they are. But in a new world where facebook (which is hard to reference too, unlike forums and such) is becoming the place for fandom and such, it gets hard to believe or understand. Josh never contacted me, mostly cause I don't add many people in here. I was on the Leftovers list on facebook and thats how I found out about it. After all this, I removed myself (unliked) the Leftovers after this recent mess.

I have addressed all comments I am going to address. Stop dragging the horse, its dead already.

I too, am an artist!

Still doesn't change the fact that you're trying to make a martyr of yourself.
By Crix
devilmanozzy wrote:
jackdoud wrote:Sharing a PM, not cool. :sigh:
Then don't send them.
That's what the report feature is for.

Also, what does any of your recent comments in this thread have to do with Josh Vigor and Adam's warnings?

Are you really this desperate for attention?
ProtonCharger liked this

Also, what does any of your recent comments in this thread have to do with Josh Vigor and Adam's warnings?

Nope but someone has a ego to maintain on the other side of the conversation it seems. Report......sure, so it can be ignored.
By Crix
devilmanozzy wrote:

Nope but someone has a ego to maintain on the other side of the conversation it seems. Report......sure, so it can be ignored.

RUNE31 IS THAT YOU?
Continue with the off topic discussion and bickering and I will lock the thread. This thread was a warning to other's in the community about an individual that has been stalking others via the internet on a multitude of different websites. If you have something constructive to say about topic on hand, then post it. If you feel the need to personally attack other members, please don't or you will be warned then banned.
devilmanozzy wrote:
jackdoud wrote:Sharing a PM, not cool. :sigh:
Then don't send them.

What part of PRIVATE MESSAGE don't you understand? Way to keep people from ever wanting to interact with you in a non-mocking fashion. Nice job you did! ===6
Evigor liked this
I'd just like to point that while ProtonCharger's warning may seem like a "Heavy" just being a jerk. It's actually a service to the newer franchises like ours who may not have experience in dealing with folks like this. Granted we were around when the whole Josh debacle first went down.
But suppose there was a brand new franchise that just joined GBfans and did not realize what a trouble maker this guy is and decide to allow him into their group. The drama that follows this guy starts up , the new guys are compeletly blindsided, and eventually this new franchise falls apart due to his antics.
What service would the old timers have served the new guys by not posting a warning?
When we first started out everyone here was extremely helpful and never rude. The "heavies" (and I don't care for that term), have been here a long time and they continually see those same mistakes in regards to the boards and threads over and over agian, no matter how many PSAs, how to use the search threads, etc.. are posted.
What I find amazing is how quickly people are to criticize the old guys but then get butthurt when they are called on it.
And no I am not singleing anyone in particular with that last comment, it's a generalization on what I have seen.
Now I'm going to put on my asbestos underwear for some of the flames I'm sure to get, but ya know that's alright too as everyone is entitled to thier opinion. :-D
ProtonCharger liked this
Just wanted to pop in and commend devilmanozzy. I totally agree with most of what you posted. And I wholeheartedly agree, there are no Intellectual Property rights on PM's, if you don't want people to see it, don't post it.

And really? His profile was "douched" up with Power Rangers? That's a pretty rude thing to say. Since when are the hobbies and interests of others judged so harshly around here?

This whole thing has progressed to hate speech now. I've been the guy's friend for over 5 months now, and he's never asked me for a free prop and he's never harassed me. He's brutally annoying, but if you don't want to be friends with him, then don't. Don't speak hatefully, I promise you don't wear that color well.

I'm proud to say that I'm a Supporting Member of the Alabama Ghostbusters, and I accept people for who and what they are. My best friends in the group are massive fans of The Dukes, Transformers, Star Wars, Anime, Punk Rock Music, Tron, Power Rangers, Steam, and yes, even Auburn; and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Let people decide for themselves, instead of yanking them onto a hateful bandwagon with biased comments and stories.

If you don't want to be their friend, then don't. But save the pig's blood, okay?

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement […]

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/37016683[…]

Between the terror dogs in GB1 and the Boogieman i[…]

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with disas[…]