By Foom Man
So here's what's happening with GBU right now:

We've started a Franchise Handbook- a section that offers reference materials not just for prop building, but for all other assets of starting a franchise. Tips on forming a team, building a relationship with charities, how to handle events, making websites, etc- it's all getting covered. The handbook is still very new, but more materials will be added as time goes on. Here are some of the neat features:
  • Articles written for newcomers by veterans from the franchise area. Matt Burkit's article on forming a team and Bryan Fear's piece on making an Ecto offer insight to what you should expect from GB "franchising," giving the newcomers an honest and helpful prospective

New plans and aids contributed by the various franchises. Louisiana's Ben Langlinais has been speaking with Houston, Rocket City, ALGB, Sandra from Florida, and more.

The usual plans and reference materials we've all come to expect on the multitude of GB fan sites we regularly pop into. Hopefully then new plans and materials will flood over onto places like GB Fans and the like.

Suggestions from teams and prop makers for anyone looking to get started with networking and video materials- such as making a website, special effect tutorials, you name it.

Franchise Newsletter

Starting this March (hopefully), we'll be sending out a newletter via email to every franchise we've gained email contact with on the site. The newsletter will be made and sent out once every two months, only being skipped during the Christmas season. We'll also be posting a downloadable version of each newsletter for those who'd like to read it but aren't on the listing yet. We could do this more frequently, but I don't think there's enough hours in the day for this to be regularly created.

Each issue will feature:
  • A rotating roster of writers, volunteers from the community who wanted to put their two cents.

A Special Events feature every issue, highlighting major events occurring in the franchise community such as Dragon Con, Busterpalooza, the Boston St. Patty's Parade, etc.

A Franchise Spotlight, a regular column showcasing a franchise, it's members, and their contributions.

A shortlist of upcoming notable events & fundraisers teams will be participating in.
The newsletter is in it's infancy, so we'll be testing it out with the first issue in March. If the response is solid, we'll try and move forward with a second issue. This could be a fun project to bring the teams together a bit more, and hopefully we're able to put it together without pulling to much hair out over it.

If you have any questions or comments let me know!
BCarn wrote:I was checking out the franchise handbook the other day, there's a wealth of good information in there. Quite the valuable resource for anyone looking to start their own franchise.

Looking forward to the newsletter, I'd like to help contribute to that when you guys get around to needing some writers.

Totally man. We're going to try and do a feedback on the newsletter to test the waters and see where we'll go with the second issue, and I'll keep you in mind.
    Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]

Preview for #2 on DH's page. https://www.darkhors[…]

The_Y33TER , since the majority of the maker sc[…]

PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?